Comments

• ez

ps nice camo u stealth zerger
  • Enkertons wrote: »
    ez

ps nice camo u stealth zerger

HA not my screenshot....as you see, I'm on a lock....:P
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • Hibs killing the game for months straight are complaining that people are getting so frustrated that they start quitting (which is far better than logging over to hib. One must really have low standards to play there).
  • Cathul wrote: »
    Hibs killing the game for months straight are complaining that people are getting so frustrated that they start quitting (which is far better than logging over to hib. One must really have low standards to play there).

I suppose... But what if said player(s) have been a Hib since release? I mean, I've played Hib since 2002 and I never really cared to switch. We weren't always this way....
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
    Hibs killing the game for months straight are complaining that people are getting so frustrated that they start quitting (which is far better than logging over to hib. One must really have low standards to play there).

I suppose... But what if said player(s) have been a Hib since release? I mean, I've played Hib since 2002 and I never really cared to switch. We weren't always this way....

You could start by NOT breaking ports every single day, all day long.
  • Kat wrote: »
    Cathul wrote: »

That's fair... Luckily for me, I don't bother with all of that tripe. I usually just mind my own business and solo and/or eight-man.

But that's just me, so...
  • I suppose... But what if said player(s) have been a Hib since release? I mean, I've played Hib since 2002 and I never really cared to switch. We weren't always this way....

Those are not meant... and that's why i explicitly wrote "log over to Hib".

Those are not meant... and that's why i explicitly wrote "log over to Hib".

Touche

What you mean? do you mean hero bg taking keeps?
  • KatKat
    edited February 2020 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    Kat wrote: »

What you mean? do you mean hero bg taking keeps?

Yup...kills action for everyone. Since I re-activated a couple of months ago, 90% of the time I have had to take long boat rides every time I die. Hard enough to constantly be fighting a realm with 4-6 relics..but why take Bold and Glen? Constantly breaking ports kills action for everyone.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • BS should just make every keep portable to so zergs have more variety in keep takes and players can still move around without being terribly inconvenienced.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • heck, why not just a port /loc?
  • stop your subscriptions you will see Broadsword come crying for the players to come back and pay more attention to the patches otherwise we go straight on the same phenomenon as Warhammer on line...
  • @Kat
    Hero goes for port keeps of course, otherwise there wouldnt be any defenders.
    They dont want to cut ports, they just want to have action.
    What else should they do? Roam EV?

I understand its anoying, but only way to change it is to defend your keeps....
  • Or jump on the hib train... which has been the meta as of late...

• edited February 2020 PM
    Everyone should play Hib right now. Really everyone. All Mids and Albs should join the Hibtrain.
    @Kat

And kill the action by exactly doing that... raiding the keeps without even realizing they are the sole reason for less action. Oh the irony.

Stop playing Hib f.e.?
    No one can tell me that all those Hibs are there because they always played Hibernia. At least half of that zerg did play Midgard or Albion before Hibernia got the indirect push with the pbae changes.
    Sometimes Hibernia even has two Zergs where the smaller of the Zergs is bigger than all Midgard is able to bring onto the table.

Sorry, but the sentence above reads like it's coming from a mentally challenged human being.
    Hibernia attacks a keep with 60+ people regularly and as a Mid you can only bring 15 to 20 people for a defend, just because there are not more people to build halfway decent groups with as lots of player just log into Hib instead of Mid or Alb. And yes, we get these numbers reported constantly from the keep guards.

Sometimes during EU prime you make a "/who NF" in Midgard and get a result of 110, and at least half of that is bots, if not more as lots of people these days run both Shaman and Healer bot. And then you have Hero zerg which gets reported 50-60+ people from guards and another zerg like this monday with additional 2-4 full groups. And Midgards own BG has 20+ people.

Makes sense to defend in that case, right?

NOT!

What about you logging over to Mid and see how fun it is trying to defend a keep against 3x your own numbers?
    Sometimes i can only shake my head about such large amounts of mental deficiency.
    And the longer this goes on the worse it gets.
    Post edited by Cathul on
  • You could run a debuff train and farm the hero Zerg all day.. Would probably make tons of rps, even if he takes the keep a good grp can pull in 40-50k from a long defense
  • Kroko wrote: »
    @Kat

What realm do you play?
    Stop playing Hib f.e.?
    No one can tell me that all those Hibs are there because they always played Hibernia. At least half of that zerg did play Midgard or Albion before Hibernia got the indirect push with the pbae changes.
    Sometimes Hibernia even has two Zergs where the smaller of the Zergs is bigger than all Midgard is able to bring onto the table.

Thats not true. I think most of them play there since very long.
    Sorry, but the sentence above reads like it's coming from a mentally challenged human being.
    Hibernia attacks a keep with 60+ people regularly and as a Mid you can only bring 15 to 20 people for a defend, just because there are not more people to build halfway decent groups with as lots of player just log into Hib instead of Mid or Alb. And yes, we get these numbers reported constantly from the keep guards.

Sometimes during EU prime you make a "/who NF" in Midgard and get a result of 110, and at least half of that is bots, if not more as lots of people these days run both Shaman and Healer bot. And then you have Hero zerg which gets reported 50-60+ people from guards and another zerg like this monday with additional 2-4 full groups. And Midgards own BG has 20+ people.

The numbers are a problem. But its Broadswords job to create population which is high enough and balanced enough, so that people have fun. I dont get the impression that they are really concerned about this.

What realm do you play?

I play only hib. It was just an explanation for you. Because you complained about cutting ports. And cutting ports is not the goal of anyone. That was the point.
    scerff wrote: »
    You could run a debuff train and farm the hero Zerg all day.. Would probably make tons of rps, even if he takes the keep a good grp can pull in 40-50k from a long defense

Seriously outnumbered, that is not a thing 90% of the time.

The remaining 10% when he attacks anything remotely close in population:
    Heretics are the only train where this is viable, and even then I've only seen irc do it. Any other caster train vs that many hero's with relative magic damage immunity for 2x 20-25second anytime they want, + moose and/or EP/BA, its a no-win scenario. Their tank train dps doesnt stop but your caster dps gets wrecked in seconds with powerleak/general rupts. And until champs get their debuff radius nerfed, you cast like you are in liervik if the outer is down as soon as the 1 (all they need but often have more) champ in the zerg looks your general direction even once.
    Post edited by Rohan on
  • @Kroko . You may be partially right. I for one will not log into a realm that is a 70% underdog. I am typically working EU primetime, but on the rare ocassion that i do get a day off to play during those times.. .if i see 70% or higher bonus on mid or alb, i will not log on that realm, or if do i will pve. I had tried on ocassion to piggy back on the Hero zerg but its boring. The same comments apply. There is nothing to do on any realm when the population is so onesided. Again.. always comes back to the same thing.. its a community issue. People who have played hib from day one have the option and opportunity to log into their hib toons and chase their tales. On the ocassion i have ran with the Hero bg, his TS is comical though. People griping about no one to fight. Herorius himself logging early due to lack of action.

I don't think Kat is talking so much about his antics as much as what it does to the game. What Hero and his merry men do daily is kill action over the entire day. Its fine, but nothing regulates it anymore. It used to be regulated since you could only play one realm, but when timers were removed (which i can understand), then you removed the only forced incentive to play a realm.

To each their own. BS is not going to "create" population. You can barely get them to give a friday grab bag anymore.
  • KatKat
    edited February 2020 PM
    Stop playing Hib f.e.?

Thats not true. I think most of them play there since very long.

The numbers are a problem. But its Broadswords job to create population which is high enough and balanced enough, so that people have fun. I dont get the impression that they are really concerned about this.

What realm do you play?

I play only hib. It was just an explanation for you. Because you complained about cutting ports. And cutting ports is not the goal of anyone. That was the point.

So you are part of the problem. BS creates a sandbox for us to play in. Though they srsly need to fix issues they created, it is the players that are exploiting BS's mistakes, and are equally responsible for the exodus of the last few alb/mid players
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Yeah, defend keeps 60v20, when the 60 has set groups and amazing heals, and the 20 is just a loose collection of players trying to hold on.

On top of that, the roof is pretty much off limits thanks to HORRIBLE KEEP DESIGN where the outer towers nuke down the roof. the 3-4 people up there just get annihilated from 15 different angles because every outer tower has 5-6 casters standing on top waiting to stun blap blap. That has to be so much fun....

Then add horrible leads, and pbae. PBAE is fine defending vs larger forces..... UNLESS THE LARGER FORCE BRINGS MORE PBAE CLASSES THAN DEFENDERS. Pretty simple.

You can defend running in hero bg but you just look like a clown afraid of a challenge. He takes undefended keeps all day cutting ports, only to ass jam the 10 mids with 60 trying to retake so they can RvR. It's a joke. If there's enough to oppose him he dodges every time lol. but he "just wants action" gtfo
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Yeah, defend keeps 60v20, when the 60 has set groups and amazing heals, and the 20 is just a loose collection of players trying to hold on.

On top of that, the roof is pretty much off limits thanks to HORRIBLE KEEP DESIGN where the outer towers nuke down the roof. the 3-4 people up there just get annihilated from 15 different angles because every outer tower has 5-6 casters standing on top waiting to stun blap blap. That has to be so much fun....

Then add horrible leads, and pbae. PBAE is fine defending vs larger forces..... UNLESS THE LARGER FORCE BRINGS MORE PBAE CLASSES THAN DEFENDERS. Pretty simple.

You can defend running in hero bg but you just look like a clown afraid of a challenge. He takes undefended keeps all day cutting ports, only to ass jam the 10 mids with 60 trying to retake so they can RvR. It's a joke. If there's enough to oppose him he dodges every time lol. but he "just wants action" gtfo

Agree completely. There are so many posts that are related to this very thing.

Options:

1. Remove climb walls from heavy Tanks (i've been told that in his Teamspeak Herorius said , "if they remove climb walls from Heavy tanks, i will no longer play this game"..) I say prove it, see if he quits :wink:

2. Make spreadheal/groupheal cost more. Again.. .said hundreds of times... Spread heal and group heal should cost infinitely more than direct heals. At the moment support have the ability to spam these heals with no danger of even coming close to running out of mana. Up the cost 40-60% for spread/group heals, you might see people willing to defend, and you might see less of a wop-sided battle even if you have odds in your favor. This will result in attackers having to plan better, push, and retreat more often, rather than just camp on the side of a keep and spam their spreadheal button until their index finger is callused and blistered.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Both of those are fine.

Can also stop keeps from upgrading aesthetically, just difficulty-wise. That way there isn't a major keep design flaw in a game centered around keep fights.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Sounds good as well.
  • Now we had almost even numbers and were able to kill his BG twice... what does he do? Gather forces with the 2nd Hib BG just to have almost double numbers again.
    So you are part of the problem. BS creates a sandbox for us to play in. Though they srsly need to fix issues they created, it is the players that are exploiting BS's mistakes, and are equally responsible for the exodus of the last few alb/mid players

I played hib already when hib wasnt overpopulated. So im not part of any problem!
    Now we had almost even numbers and were able to kill his BG twice... what does he do? Gather forces with the 2nd Hib BG just to have almost double numbers again.

So, he gets more people, because he wants to win after you won twice?
    Now thats a strange thing...who does such things...
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • need defensive keep rps consider heals and damage not just dbs and rezzes.....

and a good rp realm loyality bonus lol
  • To say the hib Zerg of 60 is running built groups is laughable. Pick better targets. If you kill their casters and their support you can kill the tanks. I seriously doubt every hib group is running a perfect setup. I suppose assisting and debuffing is too much to ask. I guess I shouldn't suggest diseasing the target either...

I played hib already when hib wasnt overpopulated. So im not part of any problem!

Do you join Hero's zerg?
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    BS should just make every keep portable to so zergs have more variety in keep takes and players can still move around without being terribly inconvenienced.

that would just make it easier for herorius. if he can port to every keep, and being the fast reacter he is to any flames on the map, good luck with retaking anything.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Now we had almost even numbers and were able to kill his BG twice... what does he do? Gather forces with the 2nd Hib BG just to have almost double numbers again.

my bg didn't have equal number, /bg count was 44 ish, with 5+ in godrborg, his was 55 ish. he wiped two times and came back with 80+ . i will not fight 24 vs 50+, but i will fight 40 vs 55, but 40 vs 80+, forget it.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Tyrantanic wrote: »
    BS should just make every keep portable to so zergs have more variety in keep takes and players can still move around without being terribly inconvenienced.

that would just make it easier for herorius. if he can port to every keep, and being the fast reacter he is to any flames on the map, good luck with retaking anything.

Considering he is mostly on the offensive, and when he does open port it's in an enemy realm, i doubt this will positively benefit anybody besides the defending realms vs him. The few times he does cut port to take a keep, now you can bring reinforcements from Nott/Blendrake and Glen.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Muylae wrote: »

Considering he is mostly on the offensive, and when he does open port it's in an enemy realm, i doubt this will positively benefit anybody besides the defending realms vs him. The few times he does cut port to take a keep, now you can bring reinforcements from Nott/Blendrake and Glen.

yes, he mostly is on the offensive.

but allowing to port to any keep owned... no. that would increase his mobility even more and to his credit he is a master of mobility already.

there is a reason for needing to take the towers to make a keep portable.

but allowing to port to any keep owned... no. that would increase his mobility even more and to his credit he is a master of mobility already.

This would only increase his mobility in his own realm. The benefits to your own realm far outweigh the negatives on the rare occasion you're sieging hibernia. In which case, just cut the port anyways?

I never said remove supply lines. You could still cut ports via towers. As it stands, any realm can port to any captured keep in an enemy realm so long as they have their supply line in tact and all the respective towers. This would help a defending realm way more than an attacking realm.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    So, he gets more people, because he wants to win after you won twice?
    Now thats a strange thing...who does such things...
    I really start to think that to play Hibernia more than one or two times a year one must pass the "I'm a complete idiot" test.

f.y.i. when we won the two open field fights we had almost every visible player in Midgard at that time with the BG and this only brought us to _almost_ even numbers with your zerg, so there was no reason to join your forces with the other 3-4 Hib groups that were running yesterday evening as it was even numbers. Let me repeat: _A_l_m_o_s_t_ _e_v_e_n_ numbers before you joined with the other Hib groups that were running.
    We could've brought higher numbers only if we stuck the buffbots to the BG.

So go back to bring 50 to a keep fight when there are 10 defenders and clap yourself on your shoulders afterwards. 'cause that really must've been a good fight with good healers/casters/tanks who deserved the victory against such evil forces and stuff.... yeah right...
    Post edited by Cathul on
  • You all act like I don’t have a million 11 and 12s on all realms. We play all. But since realm timers we can’t swap or ppl will log off during the timer so been stuck.

Been playing hib because there was always an alb and mid bg but never a hib one. We play alb or mid on Monday’s and Tuesday’s when rescu isn’t online.

We go wherever action is best.

It’s usually been hib. And we can’t swap after killing one because no one wants to wait 15min.

Past few months we took a stand by ripping on hibernia and letting other realms get devastated. I mean completely and totally devastated (((Sorry, I know casual players don’t want to hear this but my group is the deciding factor on what realm will dominate rvr for usa prime, it’s just the truth tbh))) we did this to show the nerf for realm timers but instead @John_Broadsword used his big brain and nerfed hibernia. (Lol)

It’s actually quiet comical and we can’t stop chuckling about it. Just look at the recent patch notes.

Wake up BS. We play mid with a 40% bonus yet we still own the entire island and take all keeps and no other realm can compete. No other groups are strong on hib like we were. Why is that? Hot tip- it wasn’t the realm.

Want more even and competitive action in 2020? Wake up and remove realm timers from this low pop game so we can create balance between the realms and zergs.

Or don’t, and we will continue to farm the same zergs until they quit. It’s always been in BS hands. They just won’t face reality of their failures like realm timers and endless conquest.

-shrug-
  • KatKat
    edited February 2020 PM
    I was always strongly against timers, but now I hope they go with 4 hour timers.

Never give into terrorism

@John_Broadsword - I would like to suggest you take another poll regarding timers. I believe you would find a great deal more support for much longer timers, after we all have watched the last few months.
    Post edited by Kat on
    @Muylae
    You were more people when wiping us the first 2 times. There were no 55 with him. Many peope join bg but dont follow. We had no chance against your numbers open field.

I dont really understand why you complain since you got more numbers than heros bg and wiped him twice, isnt that sth good?
    Post edited by Kroko on
    @Muylae
    You were more people when wiping us the first 2 times. There were no 55 with him. Many peope join bg but dont follow. We had no chance against your numbers open field.

I dont really understand why you complain since you got more numbers than heros bg and wiped him twice, isnt that sth good?

i am 99 % sure hero outnumbered us at Boldiam and close to AMG. you think hero is the only one who has people who are in the bg but not with him ? one reason it might have felt we outnumber hero is because my bgs are way more tank heavy than anna's bg, so we can actually push instead of going into automatic fall back mode. and getting pushed is something hero bg isn't used to in open field.
  • @xuu changing realm timers is going to bring back other competitive 8mans? Can't wait to see the population boom! In all seriousness, nothing is going to change action wise. You're literally beating a dead horse. I guess that's what happens when you're stuck on one server. ;)
  • @Tyrantanic incorrect.

Realm timers will allow 8mans that play all realms to swap based on which realm is the least populated. Believe it or not, the good players don’t want to play the realm that has the largest numbers. It’s not fun rolling lesser numbers. Actually quite the opposite.

When BS implemented realm timers they were under the false assumption that realm swappers were only zergers. They aren’t. And in reality if those zergers swap they don’t make a difference as far as which realm is dominating the island.
  • @xuu
    hm but you know when hero is playing, and still you play hib during this time!?
  • I dont mind being a jerk to BS anymore after giving feedback through the proper channels, asking in appropriate manners, and trying to educate the pros vs cons. When they clearly don’t listen I find there is only one course to go. I gave up on niceties a while back (:
  • I'm gonna side with @xuu on this one. Sure, IRC is a pain in the ass (you guys are good, I meant that in love =P), but I don't see someone of that caliber stay in a realm that steamrolls lower numbers.

I used to be an advocate of realm timers, but, that's all starting to fade away...
  • @Kroko incorrect.

We slaughter herorius. I don’t even play Eu Monday- Friday. But on the weekends when I do play we farm him open field on ev until his numbers are too large then we defend keeps against him or log out of the game until he hits a keep (because it isn’t worth playing)