Revamp archer self buffs

edited June 2018 in General Board
i think this would be a cool idea, the self buffs now u get are like crappier then the free realm buffs, aka they are absolutely useless

im sure a ton of players would enjoy some new lil toys for all their spec points, simple small ones that can atleast benefit you and not change game balance(not that there is any so no worries anyway lol)

maybe get self buffs from 50 archery that give like:
5-10% cast speed increase on a 5-10 min timer
5-10% archery damage on a 15 min timer
5-10% run speed increase on 10 min timer
5-10% archery range on 5-10 min timer
with the buffs lasting a very short like 10 seconds or osmething

or something like that, just a modern upgrade on most the skills archer get that isnt even used
Post edited by Huehuaehue on

Comments

• I don't plan to play my archer ever again so not looking out for myself

I just think it would give a great big breathe of fresh air to the archer class and all the people playing them, it is 1 of the most populated classes, and im sure little thing like that, that tbh wouldn't really do much beneficial in the grand scheme of things, would sure make a lot of people happy, excited, refreshed and rejuvinateda bout their class
  • I use to run buff tokens and hunter buffs. Back in the day I'd swap buff gear and cast my buffs but now its so much easier using a supremacy pot.
  • edited June 2018 PM
    i used realm buffs on my scout, and used my buffs without buff bonus gear, if you use your own buffs then you need realm buffs to fill in the others, which gimps you, otherwise self buffs don't do anything cuz you gotta use a sup pot anyway for the rest

they are 100% useless in todays daoc, a lil update would be nice / make total sense
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Don't feel it's necessary for archers at this time. Archers are already strong and when you look at the stealth zergs running, they don't need to be made any stronger.
  • If anything, just adjust the delve on them so that they're at least comprable to token realm buffs. Unless I'm mistaken, some of them are flat out worse than the token buffs.
  • Perhaps adding group utility in place of self buffs.

Group improved accuracy
    Group safe fall
    Group damage add
    Group MoF

Just done small buffs, nothing must have.
  • Thanks to supremacy pots I never use my archer self buffs (I have one of each archer). With the state of buffing the way it is now I would say just remove them, add something different. Maybe endo regen self buff and magic resist self buff on same delve as champion level ones.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    Thanks to supremacy pots I never use my archer self buffs (I have one of each archer). With the state of buffing the way it is now I would say just remove them, add something different. Maybe endo regen self buff and magic resist self buff on same delve as champion level ones.

Similar here. I have a ranger/scout/hunter and in 16-18 months of playing here I believe I used a dex/qui buff ONCE on my ranger when a player used a CL style that took away my d/q buff from my sup pot. I just used the castable spell to get me by till I died.
  • I was in a trio yesterday, got sheared, hit a sup pot. I was called lazy :expressionless:
  • I do the same now @Kat. This was before I had a stockpile of sup pots.
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    Perhaps adding group utility in place of self buffs.

Group improved accuracy
    Group safe fall
    Group damage add
    Group MoF

Just done small buffs, nothing must have.

Completely against this, as I said already, we don't need to make stealth zergs stronger and more of a nuisance than they already are.
  • Not sure group utility is the problem.

Stealth should become less effective with numbers in area.

Vanish needs some restrictions

PS/zepher share same timer?

These may help
  • PS should cost 20% life to use.
    Vanish should be disabled while grouped and for 2 min after disbanding.
    FZ immunity should be like 3 min timer.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    PS should cost 20% life to use.
    Vanish should be disabled while grouped and for 2 min after disbanding.
    FZ immunity should be like 3 min timer.

For me, vanish should not cancel any dots on the assassin. I'm all for the dots on the vanisher not breaking their stealth, but I greatly dislike that it acts as a partial purge for dots.