Bounty Master's Greater Insight

Today I took my level 36 Necro to Castle Sauvage, Baelus Bounty Master and bought a bunch of Bounty Master's Greater Insight. Upon trying to use them I found that any character has to be level 50!!!

I have been playing this game since it came out. How many times has anyone seen me in the forum complaining? Never! Until now.

I have seen the game change greatly, mostly nerf after nerf after nerf, ad nauseam. This is the last straw. I have been playing for almost 20 years and now my characters below level 50 cannot use what has been available for years.

I have FINALLY had it. I quit. You can have my mansions, thousands of platinum, high level gear and the guild house.

This is pathetic. Come on people. I can purchase a level 50 for real money. I pay real money just to play the game. I only wanted to get my level 36 to level 40 quickly. And, now you have lost a customer.

I have other, newer games that I can play. I can even go back to World of Warcraft.

It is very unfortunate that you are treating veteran players in this manner.

Comments

• Save them for champ levels.

36-40 in molvik is quick. QQ
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Don't blame you. Hope there is some resolution.
  • One of the many various ways they reduced the value of subscription to put more items in the mithril store.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • KoeKoe
    edited February 2020 PM
    So it's tough for them to make changes if you don't give feedback and then when you realize somethings changed (Things have been changing for years), quit within a day. Very sorry for your experience, but i'm fairly sure someone with 3 houses on paid accounts can PL a guy (or just molvik towers it) from 36-40 in an hour.

All that said I think your underlying point is valid; that they should consider giving some benefits to veteran players as the game did just get harder from an xp perspective than it has been. An mtx allowance or something would be nice. (the 15% buggane buff is at least something).
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited February 2020 PM
    @Dan49 they took out that option (get to 50 by using BPs) because they have that token in the MTX store.

They nerfed the loyal cloak XPing by making twice as long, while they put a token on the MTX.

They took the BPs required for ML1-10 from 32k to 100k (was 400k ar EC launch), while they put a token in the MTX store.

They nerfed RPs into the ground, but they added a token on the MTX store.

Does it look like an obvious cash grab?

I don't see anyone with a brain defending such a bad corporate attitude.

If these nerfs were limited to EC accounts it would be acceptable (and would have made sense). However, they also affect the subbed accounts that have supported BS and the game through a series of terrible patches. That's unacceptable.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Dan49 wrote: »
    Today I took my level 36 Necro to Castle Sauvage, Baelus Bounty Master and bought a bunch of Bounty Master's Greater Insight. Upon trying to use them I found that any character has to be level 50!!!

Yeah, I had the same experience. I had multiple accounts. It's not the ability to level, it's the principle. Nerfing an existing leveling method after years of availability was pretty low. It really burned a lot of goodwill with me.
  • Your right Shoke .
  • well they did stop the keys and tokens form the boxes and keep chests :)
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Dan49 they took out that option (get to 50 by using BPs) because they have that token in the MTX store.

They nerfed the loyal cloak XPing by making twice as long, while they put a token on the MTX.

They took the BPs required for ML1-10 from 32k to 100k (was 400k ar EC launch), while they put a token in the MTX store.

If these nerfs were limited to EC accounts it would be acceptable (and would have made sense). However, they also affect the subbed accounts that have supported BS and the game through a series of terrible patches. That's unacceptable.

My smile grew bigger and bigger reading this. I'm so glad most people see it this way.

@OP, I know your frustrations all too well. It might be a small and trivial issue (4 levels some people might think is nothing) but yes, you're totally right. Little things like this should piss you off. Especially someone who has played this game for that long, and had to see all the crap changes that just keep happening that nobody asks for.

It really is the principle of that matter. Broadsword is screwing up royally with QoL while trying to make us buy MTX
  • Voting with your wallet is far more effective than stating the obvious at this point. By the time any significant changes are made to remedy this situation, it'll be 2021.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Ill never understand taking things from paying subscribers to try and get money from ec accounts. Total fail #justsubscribe.
    @Shoke Wow. Great post. Not having really played since EC started, just wow.

Not cool. Do **** to dyes and other cosmetic items, pay to look cool, I'm OK with that.

Fine, nerf xp (dumb idea, but w/e) and rps (fine with this) for EC accounts. Limiting classes, sure. Limiting buffs, ok fine.

But when you nerf xp, and rp, abilities (ml) , and items (cloaks), for paying accounts, at the same time as releasing cash tokens for literally all of those things you nerfed... Really? Like, really? What were you thinking? Seriously. Seriously?

I guess I never put 3 and 3 together until now, changing levels for this item finally woke me up lol. Pure cash grab, pay to win game now. I've lost allllllllllll the respect for this company that they've managed to cultivate within the last couple months since I started paying attention to daoc again..... To be clear, I'm not mad because Im not playing until a new server comes out. I'm just extremely disappointed.... If they make decisions like this, how likely is it they do something similar to a new server?

Holy crap, I still can't believe someone thought this was a good idea.....

Looks like the only thing they didn't do was make a token to get LGM crafting while nerfing skill gain chances...
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on
  • @Broadsword

The ball is in your court - what's your move?

Seems like that there will be a mass exodus of paying subs... And with a game this old, it could prove detrimental. I love this game... Been playing since I was 17 (2002), and I really don't want to quit. Please, do something about this. Don't become another Turbine/Stone State Games, please.

Signed,

A Concerned Player
    Listen to the people - they will guide you..
  • @Broadsword

The ball is in your court - what's your move?

Seems like that there will be a mass exodus of paying subs... And with a game this old, it could prove detrimental. I love this game... Been playing since I was 17 (2002), and I really don't want to quit. Please, do something about this. Don't become another Turbine/Stone State Games, please.

Signed,

A Concerned Player

I had quit a little over a year ago because of the campaigns and the new gear and the class changes and the... well everything @Broadsword implemented over the last 3 years... I came back as EC account and saw the (positive) changes they made, mainly to QoL like getting gear and templating. Being able to farm BPs solo, with the little time I do have to play, really changed everything for me. So I came back to try it out...

Now I am seeing just how awful it truly is... They made Dyes so expensive on NPCs because they wanted to push their MTX dyes... Dude, I have a LGM alch on every realm, but do you know how f*cking inconvenient it is to spend the time making dyes, putting them in my house vault, logging in my other toons, and then going to house vault, putting them in my inventory, then putting them on JUST TO TRY THEM OUT AND REALIZE "NAW" IT'S NOT MY LOOK... Before I would just go to the dye merchant and drop 250 gold just trying other dye combinations out... Now if I did that I would be spending 3-5p it's absolutely insane.

Same with CL cloaks and Artifacts... Came back, had no idea about this change.. then realized oh, they made it easier to get the new OP gear, but made it 3x longer to farm levels for the other sh*t I need?

Also back to the OP's problem, ya man, BP scrolls should have never been changed to level 50+.. goddamn if you RvR'd in Molvik or another BG long enough to PL your way to lvl 50 with scrolls then you should be able to do that...

@Broadsword
    @Carol_Broadsword
    @Lea_Broadsword
    @John_Broadsword
    You guys messing up big time. I wish everyone had the same idea as @Tyrantanic and would vote with their sub... Like me... When I quit a year ago for an entire year... as a metaphorical middle finger to all the terrible decisions that have ruined the game... and now I've come back to try it out again and pop is so low and all you've done is taken 1 step forward then two steps back...
  • Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »

still not the same as doing it in-game on your specific class. It's funny how other variations of this game had NPCs that would create a "dummy" of you so you could see what you looked like with items that you wanted... before purchasing them... Sad that an official game doesn't have the same QoL function
    Shoke wrote: »

Love this post. Yet here we are, 10+ weeks from EC launch, and no adjustment.

Just send a message with your wallet.
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • A dye and skin preview feature would be nice QoL. That kind of stuff would be worth $15 / month. Old code I guess.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Yup, it can be done with new code. Preview selection for skins, dyes, effects, etc... i won't say how i know it, but i've seen it :wink: