If the new PBAOE is to stay...

Then you need to bring back Left Axe damage pre 2002 back!
Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure

Comments

• Bring back old Polearm damage too and the Dodger RA.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Bring back Pac healers being able to solo every class by chain stunning and auto attacking everyone down
  • 9sec slam to everyone!
  • old point blank shot :)
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    9sec slam to everyone!

with no immunity timer :P
  • The correct question is why was it instituted in the first place? I dont think anyone was calling for it. The game was relatively "balanced" beforehand. Now it is not.

Not only is the gameplay imbalanced, but the realm composition is now imbalanced. Tons of folks from affected sides have swapped (bad) or quit (worse).

Before i unsubbed, i got tired of having to play a class i was neither good at, nor enjoyed playing. In this environment that means a ton. Im not going to spend 15$ a month to not have fun. Now My playtime is nill. Down from 7 days a week always US evening prime. My highest toon is 8L6. I may never see 9L0.
  • edited February 2020 PM
    The pbae delve was adjusted because survivability of all classes has improved over the years.

Pbae has always been designed as an idiot killer. It's designed to kill people afk, stuck to a zerg leader. It's designed to kill people running up to a lord room without any plan on how to counter pbae. It forces people to have a strategy when fighting smaller numbers that are well setup with pbae instead of running up and smashing their face on the keyboard. It forces the alb BG to run something else than fire wizards and consider that building a single group with 2-3 armsman and a heretic might actually be worth it.

It makes hibs very good at defending, that's for sure. Albs have all the counters you need for pbae in a single class.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • pbaoe is what it should be atm tbh. you couldnt even run a bomb grp before they upped delve. they didn't exist. not even possible with how tanky chars can become. if it reverts then it will just go back to being a pve spell.

it is very easily countered if you have a brain. that's why my group isn't dying to other bomb grps.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    The pbae delve was adjusted because survivability of all classes has improved over the years.

Pbae has always been designed as an idiot killer. It's designed to kill people afk, stuck to a zerg leader. It's designed to kill people running up to a lord room without any plan on how to counter pbae. It forces people to have a strategy when fighting smaller numbers that are well setup with pbae instead of running up and smashing their face on the keyboard. It forces the alb BG to run something else than fire wizards and consider that building a single group with 2-3 armsman and a heretic might actually be worth it.

It makes hibs very good at defending, that's for sure. Albs have all the counters you need for pbae in a single class.

and that class is ????
  • I’m guessing a reaver? Not too sure but has some tools for pbae countering
    Heretic...

Just need a tiny bit of coordination, have your tic R5, unmana and drop ST of the pbae. Have 2-3 arsman follow him and power tap. Boom you just won
    Post edited by Shoke on

• "PBAE is perfect" - people who play PBAErs

• Enkertons wrote: »
    "PBAE is perfect" - people who play PBAErs

Lol.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • xuu wrote: »
    pbaoe is what it should be atm tbh. you couldnt even run a bomb grp before they upped delve. they didn't exist. not even possible with how tanky chars can become. if it reverts then it will just go back to being a pve spell.

it is very easily countered if you have a brain. that's why my group isn't dying to other bomb grps.

do you think you could make a mid pbaoe group and be as successful as you are with your hib pbaoe group or do you agree that hib now has by far the best pbaoe options and mid the worst ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    For a specific purpose group, nothing beats having SOS on a instamezzer and healer. It's a wasted spot for skalds and minstrels.

Assuming they use SOS and mez to get into position...

The two pbaoes on each realm also just don't have the utility that hib does in the secondary specs. (do locks even have higher delve?)

Also BGing on a healing class (even if you can't do both at same time) with TWF and pbt to boot, having multiple multiple pets that can spam snare peels (chanter ice proc low level secondary spec), buffing healers with heal buff, ae debuffs, disease...

Albs cabalist is useless compared to ice wiz for pbaoeing. Has disease but so does wiz. What the other realms don't have is the 10%ae cold debuff in the same line, maybe that's worth something, but you lose a group spot (another pbaoer that hib can fit) because your mezzer isn't a healer.

Mids got the debuffs on the sm that the eld has. But alb needs the sorc which can't pbaoe.
    Mid and alb also don't have the debuff heat train that elds and chanters can do?
    Mids also don't get nearsight. Mids and Albs don't get pbt. Hibs get 10% more healing.
    Post edited by AlaskaMike on