Friday Grab Bag - 01/17/2020

Welcome to the first Grab Bag of the year! Hope everyone had a lovely holiday and didn't over indulge too much ;)

Thank you all for sending in your questions, and remember to please keep sending them in for our devs! You can submit any game related questions you have for our DAoC Devs through our Grab Bag submission form. Please note this is for game mechanic questions. Feedback/ideas/suggestions should be sent in through our feedback form.

On to the questions!

Why is there no colour code for the group members rooted?
This is for a couple reasons.

The first is that until recently there was no root-specific cure in the game. While there is a root-cure now, it’s not ubiquitous and has a recast timer and long-cast time.

Additionally, roots are identical to snares in the combat code so it would be confusing when the color-code for “root” showed on snared targets that don’t really need or want a cure.

We can take a look at adding this but it would almost certainly require some changes to how snares and roots work to differentiate them in the code and so this is unlikely to happen.

If I had an existing character that's 15 or above but doesn't have the 24 hours of play time for EC, if I resub and play it for 24 hours, after 180 days of not being subbed, is that character eligible for EC?
Yes, so long as the character was created prior to the launch of Endless Conquest.

Question regarding the Master Level ability Siege Wrecker from the Spymaster line, and I write: The Siege Wrecker ML ability delves this as a "Rune that does 3000 damage to siege engines (damage may vary depending on the type of siege engine) when it detonates. Breaks stealth when cast." However, there has been multiple times where this has been cast with doing zero (0) damage to the siege. Is this normal or is there some formula where this only works sometimes?
Yes, there is a chance for the spell to fail to affect its target siege weapon (just like a spell resist). The base chance to be resisted is 10%.

As a blademaster, does my blades spec influence my damage or chance to hit with celtic dual styles? Or is 50 composite blades spec basically enough, when i only use CD styles?
Composite specialization (up to 52) is enough if you’re only using Celtic Dual styles.

Can you share more details on what we can except with 1.127 as regards EC changes, or any other plans in the works?
Our 1.127 patch will focus on some tweaks to Endless Conquest restrictions, which are still under discussion as well as several bug fixes and some updates to housing such as market explorer search functionality, full consignment merchants being automatically de-listed, wholesale texture improvements, and more!

Thanks again, all :)
See you on the battlefield!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• At my age any indulgence is an over indulgence.
    Thanks for the GB.
  • Yes market explorer updates would be great.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • I wonder if, in delisting full CM's, that the player will have to once again /listmerchant in order to sell items.
  • Our 1.127 patch will focus on some tweaks to Endless Conquest restrictions, which are still under discussion as well as several bug fixes and some updates to housing such as market explorer search functionality, full consignment merchants being automatically de-listed, wholesale texture improvements, and more!

Hope you watch population, which is very low, and that it usually declines towards summer. Still wondering what you gonna do about that.
  • null
    The pop isnt really low but eu prime is dead cause hero and his daily bg prevent ppl from logging in
  • Only fix for that would be hero taking a break, the roaming action increases a lot even in the 1 hour where hes doing his "break"
  • edited January 2020 PM
    @Hoooooodor
    150/realm peak (altogether, not NF) isnt low? lol
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • atm: 58 in hib, 28 in NF, and its weekend.
    Wow thats great pop.
  • Do you realize the time you’re playing? Lol that number was 1-6 people in NF at that time not even 2 months ago.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Population is better with EC but not December 2019 better which concerns me. A couple common complaints I'm finding on their ads are too many restrictions for EC and sub price is too high for a nearly 20 year old game that has little to no new content development. Riding the RvR niche only goes so far without needing to put effort into the game. I guess we'll see around March how they respond.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Yeah it really depends how they change the restrictions. That will play a big part in returning players and population retention.

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Impounded wrote: »
    Do you realize the time you’re playing? Lol that number was 1-6 people in NF at that time not even 2 months ago.

Not sure why you know, which time im playing.

Population has to increase if server wants to survive.
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • Kroko wrote: »
    Not sure why you know, which time im playing.

Population has to increase if server wants to survive.

Kroko 2:11AM
    atm: 58 in hib, 28 in NF, and its weekend.
    Wow thats great pop.

So 2:11am my time, you said "ATM" which if you weren't aware that means "At The Moment"
    Implying you did your population check at one of the worst times for population in the game.. I know I used to play that timeframe not long ago. Hence why I know there was 1-6 people on at those times a few months ago.

Glad I could clarify that for you :)

>Daoc Videos<
  • Im not playing at that time usually. Was a coincidence.

You dont think population is low?
  • I 100% agree it's low. I was just pointing out the bad time frame you did the population check.

We need the EC changes ASAP.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Late Spring...
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • EC driving players to other places. Wonder if we've realized BS does not have a monopoly on DAoC. I can think of a couple F2P models that just limit inventory/bank space. I'd restrict EC on vaults, housing, mount inventory. No stackable items.

Right now they can't even run the same buffs as everybody else without spending $$, why RvR if I have other options to do the exact same thing with no restrictions for free?
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Welcome to the first Grab Bag of the year! Hope everyone had a lovely holiday and didn't over indulge too much ;)

As a blademaster, does my blades spec influence my damage or chance to hit with celtic dual styles? Or is 50 composite blades spec basically enough, when i only use CD styles?
    Composite specialization (up to 52) is enough if you’re only using Celtic Dual styles.

Carol,

Can you please clarify this? I thought it was 51 composite? it said so in every other grab bag for maximizing variance.
  • Oh yeah I saw that also and thought it was just a typeo... but we might be wrong given R5 provides some benefits...
  • Practician wrote: »
    Welcome to the first Grab Bag of the year! Hope everyone had a lovely holiday and didn't over indulge too much ;)

Carol,

Can you please clarify this? I thought it was 51 composite? it said so in every other grab bag for maximizing variance.

It’s been 52 for years. Vaneysra posted about it on the old boards.
  • From the early 2000’s up to 2014-2015 it was 51 but 52 seems to be a bit better. Who the f cares? Its not going to make or break a fight. We are talking about 1-2% difference
  • Thats alot!!
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    Practician wrote: »

Carol,

I'd rather get clarification from official source. Van has a lot of good info, but primary source is best.
    DaRedANT wrote: »

Carol,

I'd rather get clarification from official source. Van has a lot of good info, but primary source is best.

Van's own melee weapon damage formula says it's 51.
  • DAMAGE_MODIFIER = LEVEL
    * DAMAGE_TABLE / 10
    * (1 + 0.01 * STATS)
    * (0.9 + 0.1 * MAX(1, STRENGTH_RELIC_COUNT))
    * (0.75 + 0.5 * MIN(ENEMY_LEVEL + 1, SPEC - 1) / (ENEMY_LEVEL + 1) + 0.01 * RANDOM(50))
    / ENEMY_ARMOR
    * (1 - ENEMY_BUFFED_ABSORB)
    * (1 - ENEMY_RESISTANCE)
  • (0.75 + 0.5 * MIN(ENEMY_LEVEL + 1, SPEC - 1) / (ENEMY_LEVEL + 1) + 0.01 * RANDOM(50))
    / ENEMY_ARMOR

is the formula for weapon variance.
  • I guess the operative word is does rr5 count as level 51 or 50. At rr5, you get level 51 armor factor and weapon skill/damage, but you are still "level 50." That would determine the Variable ENEMY_LEVEL.
    DaRedANT wrote: »

Carol,

Van's own melee weapon damage formula says it's 51.

51 for under RR5.
    52 for RR5 and up.
  • You say. Need official confirmation. What if the datapoint is stated level? Then it's 51 as she has said in prior patches and grab bag posts.
  • Hand in a grab bag question maybe.