What are the point of relics?

124»

Comments

• the only real stealth zerg was navareens on igraine hib lol

and he only did it 2 or 4 times a year :) sadly he quit when they allowed celts to be nightshades ..
  • 47el wrote: »
    just wondering what is 4 hunters with dogs killin 2 scouts/rangers called lol.

ranger rr5 turns pets against hunters.
  • Kat wrote: »
    47el wrote: »
    just wondering what is 4 hunters with dogs killin 2 scouts/rangers called lol.

ranger rr5 turns pets against hunters.

ahh
    and scouts can ns the hunters so its all ok :)
  • edited January 2020 PM
    @Kat , if a zerg is 8+, then im not all that guilty. I have ran in 8+ before, but there are so few playing anymore, a group of 5 or so is about average if we run together anymore (because we were zerged off of our visis, or because we are trying to combat the opposing stealthers). That being said, on my visi toons that i try to level, im not gonna lie and say that getting shot or killed by a solo ns/sb/hunter/ranger/infi running rubble quest to and from the docks makes me any happier whether they are solo or 5. Thats the bambi mentality... im sure it doesnt matter whether 5 hunters killed bambi's mom or 1.. she's dinner either way.

I honestly do wish they'd partition off a part of the game where just the duelers or solo'ers could hang out. No danger in getting zerged down.. no danger in getting added or adding. You wouldnt even have to camp a dock and grief levelers/bp farmers,... a place where you could just zone into the "solo arena"....Lab worked for a bit, but so many people were abusing it to farm rps, that its cleaned out sometimes as well. I sympathize for your playstyle. I do feel like all playstyles should be welcome.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    @Kat , if a zerg is 8+, then im not all that guilty. I have ran in 8+ before, but there are so few playing anymore, a group of 5 or so is about average if we run together anymore (because we were zerged off of our visis, or because we are trying to combat the opposing stealthers). That being said, on my visi toons that i try to level, im not gonna lie and say that getting shot or killed by a solo ns/sb/hunter/ranger/infi running rubble quest to and from the docks makes me any happier whether they are solo or 5. Thats the bambi mentality... im sure it doesnt matter whether 5 hunters killed bambi's mom or 1.. she's dinner either way.

I honestly do wish they'd partition off a part of the game where just the duelers or solo'ers could hang out. No danger in getting zerged down.. no danger in getting added or adding. You wouldnt even have to camp a dock and grief levelers/bp farmers,... a place where you could just zone into the "solo arena"....Lab worked for a bit, but so many people were abusing it to farm rps, that its cleaned out sometimes as well. I sympathize for your playstyle. I do feel like all playstyles should be welcome.

Not really sure why you posted this. Stealth zergs killed the solo game.
    Sleepwell wrote: »

I posted this as a retort to your comment about stealth zerging killing the solo game. Kinda the same as you posting about the rr5 change 25+ times (that i also had to deal with.. on my hunter).

I do understand adn sympathize that stealt zerging (or zerging as a whole) affected your preferred playstyle (solo). I prefer to group with friends. None should be more important than others.

What is a stealth zerg in your opinion? Is 3v1 a zerg? 4, 5, 8, 8+? Just trying to get your opinion. And i stand by my statement that i wish they'd create a friendly 1v1 zone where you dont have to worry about adding or adds. Call it what you will, but its a dueling zone if you arent worried about adds, or realm mates doing what they were intended to do. Obviously i wouldnt be allowed there because i group, but you could que up and zone in there 1 at a time. Only two solo's allowed in the instance at one time. Some quasi-WOW zone.

I was merely pointing out that while you do not like zerging or adding... others do not enjoy being plucked at docks, moy/trelle/folley (where BS decided to place a quest designed to help low level people gain BPs for gear etc). Theres never gonna be a good answer to this, but i'm a fan of blanket statements too. You say stealth zergs killed solo action. I'm not disagreeing with that... Solo is a subset of a much larger game. Some say zerging kills 8 man action.. again.. a subset of a much larger game. Recommendations?
    Kat wrote: »

I posted this as a retort to your comment about stealth zerging killing the solo game. Kinda the same as you posting about the rr5 change 25+ times (that i also had to deal with.. on my hunter).

I do understand adn sympathize that stealt zerging (or zerging as a whole) affected your preferred playstyle (solo). I prefer to group with friends. None should be more important than others.

What is a stealth zerg in your opinion? Is 3v1 a zerg? 4, 5, 8, 8+? Just trying to get your opinion. And i stand by my statement that i wish they'd create a friendly 1v1 zone where you dont have to worry about adding or adds. Call it what you will, but its a dueling zone if you arent worried about adds, or realm mates doing what they were intended to do. Obviously i wouldnt be allowed there because i group, but you could que up and zone in there 1 at a time. Only two solo's allowed in the instance at one time. Some quasi-WOW zone.

I was merely pointing out that while you do not like zerging or adding... others do not enjoy being plucked at docks, moy/trelle/folley (where BS decided to place a quest designed to help low level people gain BPs for gear etc). Theres never gonna be a good answer to this, but i'm a fan of blanket statements too. You say stealth zergs killed solo action. I'm not disagreeing with that... Solo is a subset of a much larger game. Some say zerging kills 8 man action.. again.. a subset of a much larger game. Recommendations?

Why are you so defensive? Play how you want. I am just stating a fact.
  • A stealth zerg is anything 4+ in my opinion.

Remove stealth % based on numbers in group so these stealth zergers get swallowed up by groups and zergs like they do smaller numbers.

1-2 = no penalty
    3-4 = 20% penalty
    5-6 = 40% penatly
    7-8 = 60% penalty

Penalty to movement speed while stealthed and your hidden %.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<

Not being defensive. You made a statement. I'm trying to get your perspective. Impounded gave his definition of a stealth zerg. Im sure others have different definitions.

And you're completely right. Pay to play.. how you want. Some people despise stealth zergs and think theyre trash. Some people despise visi zergs and think they are trash. Some despise solo duelers who will watch an opposing realms fight and jump any who add in. All types, and all styles. You're merely pointing out the one that you don't like.

As long as you're having fun and getting a return on what "you" paid your hard earned money for it doesnt matter :-)

Not being defensive. You made a statement. I'm trying to get your perspective. Impounded gave his definition of a stealth zerg. Im sure others have different definitions.

And you're completely right. Pay to play.. how you want. Some people despise stealth zergs and think theyre trash. Some people despise visi zergs and think they are trash. Some despise solo duelers who will watch an opposing realms fight and jump any who add in. All types, and all styles. You're merely pointing out the one that you don't like.

As long as you're having fun and getting a return on what "you" paid your hard earned money for it doesnt matter :-)

I am stating a fact. Stealth zerg killed solo play. Simple
  • Thank you. Now can you put a number on what your definition of a zerg is? 2+ or?

Thank you. Now can you put a number on what your definition of a zerg is? 2+ or?

8 to 16+ - esp those with bards/wardens
  • edited January 2020 PM
    :+1:

I don't feel like so many fingers are pointing at me then :blush:

All the juicy spots get taken either way. Docks camped by 16 solo = the suck just as bad as a dock camped by 8-2mans or 2-8 mans. Its always been hot where the action is. I never had the patience that Pocketzack had. He'd camp EV docks for 3 hours to get his solo mission done.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on