Another population thread

2»

Comments

• Thjo wrote: »
    Return of the Macro Teams anyone? Cheap & easy spikelet in the pop. At this point, why tf not?

This hasn't stopped #7K N8 from macro'ing his 3-4 accounts together, just like before he was banned.
    He's done it the past three nights in a row. Maybe @Carol_Broadsword can pass it along at some point to the boss.

GL
  • just remove all the ec restrictions
  • Bothka wrote: »
    Maybe it's also time for developing a 'Dark Age of Camelot 2'? But i think EA won't do it..

EA won't, MJ does. For almost 7 years now and still going strong to be the next Duke Nukem forever.

Apart from that and from my own experience as an EC-returner who did not reopen but restarted from scratch:

DAoC suxxx. Very much so.

If it wouldn't mean beating a dead horse i would go into detail but it isn't worth the time. Horrible UI, buggy quests, EC-restrictions to piss off even the hardcore returner. Why would i play something like that? Not to mention paying for it. There's a ton of good games out there and what made DAoC great is long gone. It's 1vs1, 8vs8, keep raids on overcrowded servers. Maybe even zerging. But it's not questing for rps and/or bps on a server that has less population than my last guild on Avalon.

So bye DAoC and thanx for all the fish and the good times we had back then.
  • AlaskaMike wrote: »
    You can't give someone something then take it away.
    Hunter RR5
  • 47el wrote: »
    should ec accounts be allowed to be buff bots :)

NO.

EC accounts : not buff players outside of group : ok with me

EC accounts : not be able to get buffs from people outside of group (payed BB's) : not so good.

we want those EC players that we get into the group to get properly buffed so they can do well, without decent buffs it's hard to find a reason to group them.

i've been leading a lot of bg's recently and due to the xmass period i had a lot of my regular group members absent so i had space for 'random' players in my group, but to group a person that is not properly geared AND not properly buffed... and yes i have gotten such players in group and i think they were in for a treat. at least let those players get buffed by a payed BB by a group member.

we want those EC players to participate.

don't handicap them this much.

otherwise they become un-groupable.

for them to stay in the game, they need to be groupable and get a nice experience, even if there are restrictions. otherwise they won't stick around and ultimately sub.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Kroko wrote: »
    Hero bg logged. Now 260 in Hib.

Alb 174. I checked by myself.

Didnt think the difference is such big.
    Why we have no underpop bonus....................?
    @Carol_Broadsword

defending glenlock : 74 hibs on keep. /who NF : 71 mids. at the worst moment there were 97 attackers on glenlock (i guess that's when albs added).

i am grateful for all the courageous mids that defended with me.

i hope that at least they earned some decent rp like i did.

anna vs muy leading the mid bg... i get the impression that most mids are willing to take a few more deaths, fight a lot and get rp instead of swimming around EV ....

but yeah, without patar coming to defend with me, ... there would have been no chance to defend and get rps. we would have just been washed away in a herorius tsunami.

outnumbered 2 to 1 or worse, without the irc, i would not have been able to defend and get us some rp in a lost battle.

i'm not sure i can speak for everyone in my bg, i'm sure that patar group made silly rp, my group made more than ok rp, i'm not sure how other groups did. but people stuck with me, so i guess most people made 'some' rp.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Basically which ever realm the IRC crew decides to play on wins. They think it's great but what they don't see is they are making numbers dwindle because they can farm the general population like they do. The other night Albs get an actual BG together 80+ and attempt to go for a relic but as soon as the IRC crew shows up the albs get rolled and moral dwindles and albs log because they just can't compete. Now this doesn't bother me at all but I see it happen and it's pretty toxic. Is there an answer? Not really.
  • how many peeps are in the irc crew
    seemed like 2 groups-
  • Basically which ever realm the IRC crew decides to play on wins. They think it's great but what they don't see is they are making numbers dwindle because they can farm the general population like they do. The other night Albs get an actual BG together 80+ and attempt to go for a relic but as soon as the IRC crew shows up the albs get rolled and moral dwindles and albs log because they just can't compete. Now this doesn't bother me at all but I see it happen and it's pretty toxic. Is there an answer? Not really.

Revert class changes back to 1.9x patch level. They'd still be effective but wouldn't be able to farm nearly as easily as they do now. The game, as it stands, caters to their skill set. Hence why they are literally dominating the server. I'm sure that will bring the population up /s.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • KatKat
    edited January 2020 PM
    Basically which ever realm the IRC crew decides to play on wins. They think it's great but what they don't see is they are making numbers dwindle because they can farm the general population like they do. The other night Albs get an actual BG together 80+ and attempt to go for a relic but as soon as the IRC crew shows up the albs get rolled and moral dwindles and albs log because they just can't compete. Now this doesn't bother me at all but I see it happen and it's pretty toxic. Is there an answer? Not really.

The "irc" group intentionally logged on hib to make sure the albs and mids could not get their relics back. It was a clear attempt to make a point about realm timers. It was toxic and selfish. If anything, instead of giving into that type of behavior, BS should change realm timers to 12- 24 hours. Don't give into terrorism
    Post edited by Kat on
  • Kat wrote: »
    Basically which ever realm the IRC crew decides to play on wins. They think it's great but what they don't see is they are making numbers dwindle because they can farm the general population like they do. The other night Albs get an actual BG together 80+ and attempt to go for a relic but as soon as the IRC crew shows up the albs get rolled and moral dwindles and albs log because they just can't compete. Now this doesn't bother me at all but I see it happen and it's pretty toxic. Is there an answer? Not really.

The "irc" group intentionally logged on hib to make sure the albs and mids could not get their relics back. It was a clear attempt to make a point about realm timers. It was toxic and selfish. If anything, instead of giving into that type of behavior, BS should change realm timers to 12- 24 hours. Don't give into terrorism

Which will be bypassed by additional accounts. These guys WILL do that.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Yeh they tend to Zerg a lot now quite common to see 2 irc groups zerging.
    They usually switch realm to get in the Zerg that they can get rps.
    Don’t think any of them are real 8 mans now pretty much all zergers.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Kat wrote: »

Agreed.
    Btw what does "irc" mean?
    Post edited by Kroko on
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Internet relay chat. Itbwas the chat used back in the days by the 8v8 crowd a long time ago.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • so they were talking together while the rest were using group chat----always the extra skills lol
  • IRC crew logic is that they will try to force @JBS hand and remove the realm timers by side car + Zerging with Hero.

In essence they continue to affect the realm population and RVR in general.
    They want the realm timer removed so they can continue to be toxic to all realms lets be honest.

Regardless of what any of them say it’s very easy to watch their actions and see they just want to add and side car.

GL
  • The realm timers are awful. I have yet to see how in any way shape or form they have helped the game.
  • realm timers need to be alot longer----or a rp bonus for the amount of time you play on one realm---
    so what if hero gets a bonus lol
    realm pride was really what made this game good in the beginning----there was a reason that mordred and its griefing and "skills" died off.
  • funny you think there was so much realm pride back then. What you had back then were about 10 servers and people logging from one server to another to play a different realm because you could not have toons on the same server on different realms.
  • Realm pride today? Long timer->People will choose the safe bet and log hib->Teams that want to swap will use multiple accs.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    funny you think there was so much realm pride back then. What you had back then were about 10 servers and people logging from one server to another to play a different realm because you could not have toons on the same server on different realms.

i played hib igraine and when the albs would go for relics we would get calls all through the night lol

and cant forget the navareen stealth zerg every once in awhile lol that was real stealth zerging -- fools bow ftw

and as i remember mythic would give you a slash level 30 to play certain realms on different servers--to make the population evener
    on that server.--- maybe then they should have closed/merged those like gahahad,
  • They have been listening to the wrong player base for last 10 years.

Guy who plays 1-4 hour a day is worth as much as a guy who plays 8-12 hours a day.

They listened to the hardcore minority and should of listened to the larger casual player base.

• Where's the valid argument that realm timers need to be longer. So that you get late night relic defenses? You think that is going to drive people to care? There is nothing that shows that the realm timers have had any positive effect on the game. It just makes it harder for people to swap and offset the balance. If anything it has made everything worse. The lopsided hero zerg is now worse than ever. The players who are all set on each realm can no longer instantly swap and run their own thing keeping the island somewhat balanced. It's a complete failure in every aspect. Trying to force nostalgia from a decade ago is a poor reason to introduce a rule. It's sad that this exact outcome was predicted by a lot of the players who played multiple realms but were overruled by the group that said they would come back for realm timers who are now gone again. It's flat out stupid.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Llewd wrote: »
    Where's the valid argument that realm timers need to be longer. So that you get late night relic defenses? You think that is going to drive people to care? There is nothing that shows that the realm timers have had any positive effect on the game. It just makes it harder for people to swap and offset the balance. If anything it has made everything worse. The lopsided hero zerg is now worse than ever. The players who are all set on each realm can no longer instantly swap and run their own thing keeping the island somewhat balanced. It's a complete failure in every aspect. Trying to force nostalgia from a decade ago is a poor reason to introduce a rule. It's sad that this exact outcome was predicted by a lot of the players who played multiple realms but were overruled by the group that said they would come back for realm timers who are now gone again. It's flat out stupid.

I agree.

We told the "pro-timers" that this would happen, and now that it did happen, they want longer timers. People just don't get it.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • I'd like to see some suggestions from the "i told you so crowd".

i personally did vote for timers, but longer. I've seen good points made against it. For instance, its easy to see IRC hoping back and forth, but timers don't affect them (or anyone else for that matter) if they are just playing multiple accounts. Maybe BS decided in the end to put the timer in place for just that purpose... promote people paying for multiple additional accounts.

Maybe in the end there is no way around it. Maybe one side is destined to always be in control. I had seen suggestions before that a realm loyalty timer be implemented, or a realm dis-loyalty timer where you are penalized was recommended.

If you told the pro-timers such as myself this was bound to happen, what were your recommendations?, or are you the one that doesnt vote that gets to sit back and say i told you so no matter which way it went?
  • think for normal peeps 15 min isnt really a timer lol --- for anything
  • People keep driving for a solution to a problem that is the wrong problem. The problem is it isn't the same game it used to be. No realm timer or loyalty bonus or penalty is the solution to bring back the lost realm pride. It isn't recoverable nor should they attempt at forcing it.
  • I personally was more likely to log an under populated realm when there was a realm bonus.
  • guess they could settle the issues finally by making the "new" server one realm only lol
  • For me 15 min is borderline to long. We Are aduts with famlies and kids. If people have idle time real life will pull them away forcing that 8 man group to loae people.
  • @Sleepwell I think I posted between 15-20 different suggestions through all the different threads on the topic.

The main thing is that people complained (and still do about relics) and that their only solution was to add timers.

There are a myriad of other solutions that could solve the relic issue without adding a single timer.

I'm not gonna re-post for the 5th time, you can do the work.
  • It's 15 from last realm point.. it's not a timer that has any effect, it's the pop bonus that was removed for no reason, the crappy EC roll out and the poor handling of the effects of the last patch changes (pboae) that causes pop issue.

Realm timer keeps player who are already playing from doing something, the problem right now is getting people to play in the first place.
  • edited January 2020 PM
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    Maybe BS decided in the end to put the timer in place for just that purpose... promote people paying for multiple additional accounts.

It is a very interesting point, that we all can pretty much agree that BS constantly goes against majority opinion consistently, and that somehow this is the majority decision they caved on.

Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    Maybe BS decided in the end to put the timer in place for just that purpose... promote people paying for multiple additional accounts.

It is a very interesting point, that we all can pretty much agree that BS constantly goes against majority opinion consistently, and that somehow this is the majority decision they caved on.

I think its a good theory. If you consider the reason they caved here, and take into the account the amount of people who have been reported (with proof) for cheating and are still playing. I guess money truly is the bottom line. I have always been shocked by certain caustic people being able to return to this game after they were banned by simply investing into another account and buying their way back in. Upon reflection, why should i be shocked??? It's all about the Benjamins :+1: :wink:
  • I mean hey, at least if realm timers blow up the game, we will get more people to roll second accounts, invest in those accounts and characters if they want to keep up their play style (and these players are the ones spending $$ in the mithril store as well), then restrict them from going back to F2P for 180 days so they keep that account subbed for no reason when we roll back realm timers.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet