Rules of Conduct Violation - (friendly player STRIPPING BUFFS on another player from the same realm)

@Carol_Broadsword and @John_Broadsword:

Ask yourself this question, based on the RoC, is it OK for one realm member to intentionally remove the buffs of another friendly member of the same realm? If you intend to have a "fair" game, the answer HAS to be NO.

My main question is, does Broadsword intend to enforce their own RoC or not? When peeps post videos in here showing people IN-GAME doing something that violates the RoC, the response is always... submit an In-Game appeal and you guys close the thread. Problem is, no one EVER responds to the In-Game appeals. Violation of the RoC rules 1, 6, and 12 were either outright violated or partially violated when a friendly player removes the buffs of another friendly player of the same realm. At no time should a "friendly" realm member be able to STRIP THE BUFFS of another friendly realm member. It's an ABUSE of the game mechanics and it needs to STOP.

Prohibited Conduct

==================

PLAYER MAY NOT USE THE DAoC SERVICES TO:

1. Harass, threaten or embarrass another Player of the Services or to cause distress, unwanted attention or discomfort of such Player, or any other person or entity. Broadsword does not condone harassment in any form and may suspend or terminate the account of any Player who harasses others. Personal attacks, such as those based on a person's race, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, lifestyle choice, disablement or other such affiliation, are strictly prohibited.

6. Engage in "disruptive behavior" in chat areas, game areas, bulletin boards, or any other area of the DAoC Services. Disruptive behavior shall be deemed to include, but will not be limited to, conduct which purposefully interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue in a Service area. Disruptive behavior shall also include, but not be limited to, commercial postings, solicitations and advertisements.

12. Abuse or exploit bugs, undocumented features, design errors or problems in the game collectively referred to as Problems. Player acknowledges and agrees to report all problems, errors or bugs in the game to Broadsword as soon as they are found as their continued use can damage the enjoyment of the game for all its players. Broadsword will do everything within their power to fix these types of issues in a timely manner, and will give all customers the benefit of the doubt when dealing with these problems.

... and Broadsword wants to know why they have an issue with population. When this type of In-Game activity goes on and the CSR's won't even answer the appeal, why would ANYONE want to come back? Most probably left originally because these issues weren't addressed back in the day... and, well, they still aren't being addressed today. If anything, it's only gotten worse.

At roughly 4:34pm EST today I was on Boltsfromzeus on an Alb in Molvik. Watthedeuce (who everyone knows is twozero, also on Alb) knows who it is and intentionally followed me up to the top of the tower at APK, stripped my DEX, CON, and AF buffs and possibly others. I asked him nicely in /reg to stop only to get a smart-a__ response. I purchased new buffs 3 separate times and he waited, then sheared me 3 separate times. See below:

fvk0exh9lxjc.jpg

I took a small break and got back on with iShot (Alb) about 45 minutes later. I'm over by MT and start engaging Hibs at MT. WHILE I'M IN COMBAT FIGHTING AN ENEMY REALM... watthedeuce (again, also on Alb) walks up behind me and begins stripping my buffs. The video below shows PROOF of his actions. At :06 seconds he casts his yellow base DEX buff on me then immediately STRIPS it. At :18 seconds he casts his AF buff on me and immediately STRIPS it. At :30 seconds he ROFLs me because he knows I'm the same character as Boltsfromzeus. If this doesn't constitute breaking the RoC, I truly have no clue why I'm still playing... and PAYING to play at that. Many other people on Alb in Molvik have expressed an issue with his ability (and others) to do this without any repercussions. So now not only do you have an issue with getting people back, you have an issue with maintaining your PAYING player-base. Why Broadsword continues to coddle these players that knowingly push the limits with game mechanics and exploits is beyond me. But I do know one thing, your player-base is tired of it. If issues like this don't get addressed soon, you won't need to worry about population issues, there won't be anyone left.

Tagged:

Comments

• … and the truly sad part is the solution would probably take you about 5 minutes. Make all buffs "GROUP" based instead of "REALM" based for casting purposes. If I'm not in his group, then he can't buff me and then shear me.
  • If you're solo just do /nohelp ??
  • /nohelp prevents someone from healing you as well.. all to combat someone who is obviously harassing people with no repercussion from broadsword.
  • Ok option but besides the point. I may want heals but not buffs. As a player, I should have that option, and normally would, but for faulty coding and players that take advantage. There's simply no logical reason for a friendly player to STRIP the buffs of another friendly realm member other than to grief and harass them. It literally serves no other purpose. FIX THE ISSUE.
  • He is doing it right now in game to several people as we speak
  • Afaik Twozero was bannes from the official discord for beig an asshat, might aswell ban his accounts once and for all.
  • I heard shoke does this when he's bored too, I wouldn't believe a word he says. Also Sigmund has been in his anal phase for like two years now so idk how you can trust him
  • Hey if that's what broadsword wants to cater to more power to them We can only warn new users and potential new users that Broadsword could care less and actively promotes this and maybe they will decide against resubbing
  • People have been doing this for many years. I would suggest using the /nohelp when he is around. He will get bored..then turn help back on.
  • Or .. we just start a campaign showing that broadsword doesn't care and call it a day.
  • /nohelp is NOT the solution. If its allowed to continue, I'll just never attack anything, ever, and jump from realm to realm and do the same to them, over and over. I bet $ it would suddenly "get fixed" then. Once it's an issue for the "in-crowd" of remaining DAOC players, it'll get addressed.
  • Wrong resolution, new icons, Cata models, clicking -- post invalid.
  • KatKat
    edited December 2019 PM
    You can't really jump from realm to realm effectively with realm timers. I am not saying it is the best solution, it just lets you play now while you try to get BS's attention.
    Post edited by Kat on
  • edited December 2019 PM
    I'd easily be able to jump from realm to realm even with the timers. Since griefing/harassing players is now the established DAOC "norm", as long as I don't "earn" any RPs, by attacking something, I can easily switch from realm to realm, camp the BUFF MERCHANT at the portal keeps and just SHEAR everything that gets buffs. Or better yet, take an EC speed bot, attach it to my paid accounts buff toon, and just run around STRIPPING friendly realm toons of all their buffs, especially while they are ACTIVELY IN COMBAT ATTACKING AN ENEMY REALM! See, the real problem here is DAOC staff got too friendly with most of these people that exploit and/or push the RoC boundaries, and now due to that friendship, they can't BAN them or take negative action against them. They've made that bed now they need to sleep in it. The current player-base is well aware of this issue and I can promise you, if they continue to see nothing change, then DAOC can have their rules-breakers and the rest of us will take our $15 a month and go play for FREE where they don't allow this crap. It really is that simple.
    Post edited by Valtar on
    I recall a decade ago in thid/molv, deliberately buffing someone (1/2 dozen diff folks over a year) in the keep (trying to beat their buffbot - they wouldn't know lol). Then dropping them when it'd just suck to lose it. Not because of realm pride etc. but simply these ppl were Richards in region, in personality and in expression.

Good times ! <3 >:)
    Post edited by Substrate on
  • I thought I'd heard it all. WOW!
  • KoeKoe
    edited December 2019 PM
    Nohelp like they said.

It probably boils down to whether it's a guy playing on your realm (with his bot) and just being a complete jerk, vs the enemy you are fighting who has also logged in a buff char on your realm. If the char isn't actually buffing anyone I'd hazard they could do something about the xrealming.

Being a jerk is old news though. I've seen people try to take revenge for months based on a perceived slight (such as you casted a bolt on a mob they had engaged at the same time. So they hit first but then it aggroed to you). Accidents happen but let's be honest, mental illness also happens, let's give people a little benefit of the doubt.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Yes, his doing that everyday now. He did on my wizard yesterday and on my theurgist, is really frustrating to see a realm mate doing sucha thing and yet BS doesnt fix this crap.
    Is another thing that will turn people way if they don’t listen to the player base, like they didnt a year or so ago and tons of people left the server. They choose 1 to keep one over tons, so if he continue, doing that on my toons i am gonna advertise people where to go and dont have their buff sheared without getting banned. That guy shouldn’t even be in game anymore. My 2 cents.
  • they should just strip all his realm poiints off all the toons on his account

• There has been bans for this in the past, I have ran into the same problem. As with children you need to enforce the rules close to the infraction and consistently. I guess it's up to bs how harsh the consequences are but consistently and promptness is what will prevent this (oh and public shaming.. but that's because we are adults)
  • I don't play BG's or I'd help, but how about you BG players join forces and make him KOS. If he gets perma camped by realm enemies It won't be near as fun for him.
  • The only solution to this is BS enforcing the rules. Any other suggestion enables this type of behavior.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
    I totally agree with Dale, also doing anything to "harass" him or encourage cross realming would be against the rules as well, even if he broke a rule first (if one of my boys takes the others toy I don't what him punching him in the face to get even, just tell the parents, with proof (aka this post))
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • Linkkoe has been harassing a girl player she made a vid with proof and BS does nothing
  • I bet 1k plat that if he is doing this to you its because you adding all the time on others fight, people like to chill in the hill and fight 1v1, if you come to add its his way to help other respectful players when he is on alb. You are welcome to come there to have fair fights whenever you want or just pass by without adding and nobody will hit you. Not defending the behaviour, keep this in mind, just saying why he may be doing this
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    Hi @Valtar i was only buffing you to help you! However, its great that you bring up conduct violations as you harass female players in game! See the video below, with some snip-its of the harassing you do daily to Sassy. You and your merry band of "special" players who like to constantly tease, say disgusting things to, and harass women in daoc should be delt with.

@John_Broadsword is this the behavior you condone?

Tsk tsk what would your mother think.

Enjoy the easy Wins we get anytime we find you. But take note at the start and the comments you send to her, or publicly post in region. YCB?

Pot, meet kettle.
    Post edited by UCP on
  • Substrate wrote: »
    I recall a decade ago in thid/molv, deliberately buffing someone (1/2 dozen diff folks over a year) in the keep (trying to beat their buffbot - they wouldn't know lol). Then dropping them when it'd just suck to lose it. Not because of realm pride etc. but simply these ppl were Richards in region, in personality and in expression.

Good times ! <3 >:)

WHAT A COINCIDENCE..
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    Deathly wrote: »
    Or .. we just start a campaign showing that broadsword doesn't care and call it a day.

You should include all aspects of that campaign. Not just biased reviews because you can't kill me in a video game :(
    Post edited by UCP on
  • Interesting....poster posted about harassment, yet he harrassed others as well. Seems like poster got what he karma he deserved (deserves more TBH).

Also....really? Picking on a girl because she's better than you? What shame lad. @Valtar

@John_Broadsword
    The hypocrisy in this post. @Valtar Smh.

Thanks for bringing up Broadswords blatant disregard for the appeal system though. It is definitely something they should address, you and Linkkoe indeed deserve the karma you've earned over this last year.

Tell me, is it you or Linkkoe who send me "c*nt" and "schlong" tells on level 1 characters and then deletes them afterwards?

Hmmm?? Hmmmm???? @Valtar

/Popcorn @John_Broadsword

Post edited by Gotsassypants on
  • Ban em both for RoC violations... oh wait.. theyre paying customers.... err... nm
    Don't want to involve myself too much with this, but this is pretty much a situation where 1 side keeps doing something, and the other side reacts in retaliation.

But in my personal opinion, what Linkkoe is doing is far more disgusting for an adult than what Two is doing. Daily harassment, whether it's a male or a female, just because hes not winning is quite appaling, whereas Two is just being a nuisance. It sucks but you can easily circumvent it by using /nohelp like others have suggested. However Sassy is unable to stop harassment because Linkkoe can easily make level 1 characters without any restrictions and keep on harassing and there is literally nothing you can do about it. He logs out and deletes the character before you can even appeal the character in question, and there is no account wide block in this game (suggestion?).

I myself have been harassed for a very long time as well and after making a huge collage of all the /sends i received over a short period and submitting it directly to a dev on Discord, he made it stop within a week. I honestly don't give a ****, but the way Linkkoe is doing it looks extremely similar to what hes doing to Sassy right now.

Perhaps we have a long term repeat offender but hes kicked it up a notch? Added attachment.

Quite the balls to submit a thread about RoC violations even though you are doing something much worse i'll give you that one...

quick edit, i noticed something in my collage that actually clear up ALOT now. In my collage theres a guy harassing/sending me under the name Dawenz. This name also appears to be the one harassing Sassy if you look closely at the beginning of her youtube video.

damn lad wtfs wrong with you @Valtar

just to be clear, this collage was from ALMOST A YEAR AGO. So he has been doing this **** for a very very long time.

@John_Broadsword

zbzimichao5c.png
    Post edited by Anesur on
    Interesting you got someone on discord to help you with AN IN GAME PROBLEM! I submitted mine to a few on discord and they told me to appeal in game. When I told them I had, 100 times, they gave me an email to send to. This is the response I got.

#GREATSYSTEM @John_Broadsword
    Post edited by Gotsassypants on
  • The level of harassment that occurs in this game is pretty sad. Sorry to see that @gotssasypants
  • Kat wrote: »
    The level of harassment that occurs in this game is pretty sad. Sorry to see that @gotssasypants

It is terrible, however at the end of it all, Sassy got to farm them constantly. So the "bigger stick" was carried by their target.
  • If its old school linkuei from guin dude was a hella inappropriate female stalker. Like i swear dude was gonna become a serial rapist.
  • So - @Valtar - You opened this complaint on a public forum. Have you been harassing fellow players? If so, what actions should BS take, based on the TOS you kindly provided for all of us?
  • Can we have @Valtar character names in molvik so we can do the same? ;)
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    Shoke wrote: »
    Can we have @Valtar character names in molvik so we can do the same? ;)

The "asshat" already took care of him, hence the crying. Wont let him leave APK on my mean ole hibs.
    Post edited by UCP on
  • ROFL! @John_Broadsword... yes, PLEASE, look up ALL of the accounts these CLUELESS tools think are me, and please ban anything your feel should be banned. You know why I say that, because NONE of them are me. So yet again, all of you tools stating it was ME that said this, please show where any of these accounts belong to me. Nice to know you "tried" to publicly shame me w/o knowing the truth, just "assuming" crap as always. And @Shoke, nice of you to ask for all of my Molvik toon names when I'm not the one they are referring to. Again, nice try. I didn't give you the luxury of adding another "view" to your PROPAGANDA video, but I heard Strangdanger was in it. I DID say she's a two-wanna-be and I did say someone just needs to pull her string and see what she spouts out this time, cause every word out of her mouth @Twozero is the same BS you been spouting about me for years. Gee, wonder where she heard it from??? TSK TSK! And the comical thing is, if you fully rewind the conversation @Gotsassypants and @Eatdots is so butt-hurt over, you'd see SHE opened her mouth first! I'm rebuilding my quickbars in HT only to have her log in next to me and start the harassment. What, no... really?! ROFL! Why are you "cherry-picking" my comments out and not showing hers? Hmmm, good point! Please, post the whole convo for ALL to see... TSK TSK! If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen and keep your mouth closed. Good luck finding the person that called you a "c*nt"... @Gotsassypants, sorry to ruin your day but it wasn't me.

Now back to the real issue of my original post, why is the blatant misuse of the game mechanics allowed to continue?
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    Valtar wrote: »
    ROFL! @John_Broadsword... yes, PLEASE, look up ALL of the accounts these CLUELESS tools think are me, and please ban anything your feel should be banned. You know why I say that, because NONE of them are me. So yet again, all of you tools stating it was ME that said this, please show where any of these accounts belong to me. Nice to know you "tried" to publicly shame me w/o knowing the truth, just "assuming" crap as always. And @Shoke, nice of you to ask for all of my Molvik toon names when I'm not the one they are referring to. Again, nice try. I didn't give you the luxury of adding another "view" to your PROPAGANDA video, but I heard Strangdanger was in it. I DID say she's a two-wanna-be and I did say someone just needs to pull her string and see what she spouts out this time, cause every word out of her mouth @Twozero is the same BS you been spouting about me for years. Gee, wonder where she heard it from??? TSK TSK! And the comical thing is, if you fully rewind the conversation @Gotsassypants and @Eatdots is so butt-hurt over, you'd see SHE opened her mouth first! I'm rebuilding my quickbars in HT only to have her log in next to me and start the harassment. What, no... really?! ROFL! Why are you "cherry-picking" my comments out and not showing hers? Hmmm, good point! Please, post the whole convo for ALL to see... TSK TSK! If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen and keep your mouth closed. Good luck finding the person that called you a "c*nt"... @Gotsassypants, sorry to ruin your day but it wasn't me.

Now back to the real issue of my original post, why is the blatant misuse of the game mechanics allowed to continue?

You are strangrdanger, your friends confirmed this. You are ishotthesherif and we have more examples of you and Linkkoes toxicity to Sassy in game. Feel free to actually watch the video :) You can tell by your reply of insults and defensive deterring you are clearly a lost soul. Such a childish rebuttal.

The only thing out of my mouth is YCB. Stay in HPK 24/7 because like always the /release function is going to be frequent.

"I can harass because they do it back"

Pot

Meet

Kettle

As you stated.. "stay out of the kitchen if you cant handle the heat"
    Post edited by UCP on
  • Sweetie,

Don't know you in game and don't run in the bg's, but please be nice and give all the benefit of the doubt. Fights are rarely one sided. We have hundreds of interactions with others every day (especially if you log into a MMO) and almost all of them are positive or neutral. Don't get worked up over one issue/interaction there's a workaround for. I understand how this might have seemed really frustrating, but id rather deal with this than a full group of enemies camping my solo spot (which is legal btw). If it's your hill to die on, just understand that ranting about this a lot won't make you any friends.

For all we know the player is disabled or its someone's 5 year old sibling/child and has a hard time targeting their toon for buffs, or just runs around buffing because that's what a buff toon does. You see all sorts of interesting behavior in the BGs since people aren't in it for RPS.

• @Twozero learn to READ, rofl! What part of "I DID say she's a two-wanna-be and I did say someone just needs to pull her string and see what she spouts out this time, cause every word out of her mouth @Twozero is the same BS you been spouting about me for years." did you not understand? I was referring to the collage of names in my ref to those accounts not being mine and to anything else that was said on any account.

Bring all the proof you wanna bring, just make sure to bring ALL OF IT. Stop the cherry-picking and show the entire convo, her comments included, or yours, all good. I stay to myself in this game until one of you tools starts running your mouth, just as I did the day in question with Strangrdanger's comments.

Oh and great editing skills! I mean, one of you needs to call Martin Scorsese and apply for a job! The "victimhood" entro was really touching, ROFL! I could care less WHO or WHAT sits behind the keyboard. Open FBs "identification" page and select your 1 of 78 genders. Guess what, you still DIE like everything else. So @Twozero, where's the rest, and especially the beginning, of that conversation??? I'm waiting...
    @Gotsassypants Just a thought, but do you know anyone that uses that "c*nt" word? I mean, I can only think of 1 person where I've seen that. His name is @Twozero and he plays a character that's named "Seayouinttea" on Alb. If you phonetically spell out his characters name, what do you get? Maybe you should be looking closer to home for those that have upset you so. @Twozero Ohhh, how the "hypocrisy" reeks!!! @Gotsassypants is sooooooo offended by that, SPECIFIC term, that she's bestties with a person that names his toons after one! Ohhh, how the "hypocrisy" reeks!!!
    Post edited by Valtar on
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    Valtar wrote: »
    @Twozero learn to READ, rofl! What part of "I DID say she's a two-wanna-be and I did say someone just needs to pull her string and see what she spouts out this time, cause every word out of her mouth @Twozero is the same BS you been spouting about me for years." did you not understand? I was referring to the collage of names in my ref to those accounts not being mine and to anything else that was said on any account.

Bring all the proof you wanna bring, just make sure to bring ALL OF IT. Stop the cherry-picking and show the entire convo, her comments included, or yours, all good. I stay to myself in this game until one of you tools starts running your mouth, just as I did the day in question with Strangrdanger's comments.

Oh and great editing skills! I mean, one of you needs to call Martin Scorsese and apply for a job! The "victimhood" entro was really touching, ROFL! I could care less WHO or WHAT sits behind the keyboard. Open FBs "identification" page and select your 1 of 78 genders. Guess what, you still DIE like everything else. So @Twozero, where's the rest, and especially the beginning, of that conversation??? I'm waiting...

Shes not a two wannabe.. shes not even are mini me. You're so obsessed with me you take it out on random people because you cant take the heat of me farming you daily.

d6fdbb7592aa6c3074a5d99af1cc524d.png

and the non "cherry picked" version

4fafbd7fff08edc439fd025ec84ee7f2.png

YCB Gary?
    Post edited by UCP on
  • UCPUCP
    edited December 2019 PM
    CSRs can pull the logs and see everything they need to see. You're in here crying when you're just as guilty as the person next. However, you're more of a disgusting person.
    Post edited by UCP on
  • Kat wrote: »
    So - @Valtar - You opened this complaint on a public forum. Have you been harassing fellow players? If so, what actions should BS take, based on the TOS you kindly provided for all of us?

@Kat You're right, I did open this thread on a Public forum. And yes, I talk smack just like everybody else. I haven't called anyone the "c*nt" word, but it sure is funny how her bestie has a toon named that on ALB, but there's no issue there, move along. Anyone calling her that should get disciplined, it just won't be me. I know they think there's only a few people that have issues with them, but they're all sadly mistaken. Feel free to pop into Molvik for a few days, trust me, they can't stay quiet for long. Regardless of the realm they're on, eventually one's mouth will explode and all the goodies start pouring out. You win some, you lose some, it's all part of the game. But when they run their mouths and get it back in /reg, they can't handle it. So to "get even", they start BUFF SHEARING toons on their same realm, an outright BLATANT abuse of the RoC.

So @Twozero and @Gotsassypants when you find something that's actually ME, and if it's ban-able, by all means, please submit it. The issue is, they won't find anything, hence the need to start the "SMEAR CAMPAIGN" to try and make ME out as the bad guy. Nice try but it ain't workin. twozero ran his mouth, I captured it. His intelligence level is debatable, but we all know it wasn't an "accident". You don't accidentally shear someone's buffs 3 more times after they've asked you to stop. His intention was to shear buff and harass me. Then, I went and got video proof of those actions. There's no denying the video and he knows it. BUSTED!

All I want to know is @John_Broadsword , is this action of stripping a friendly realm member of his buffs allowed under the RoC? It's a simple yes or no. Because if this is allowed, I'll gladly start sharing this "ability" with all of them. If it's good for one it's good for all, no?

• Lolvik drama, it doesn't even come through with real drama.
    And @Anesur for someone who "Don't want to involve myself too much with this..." you sure had an awful lot to say. Shame is bud, none of those "screen captures" are of me, so you trying to insinuate otherwise just means you have ZERO CLUE, just like these other tools. But I guess when your friend says I did something you have to have his back, I get it. My suggestion to you would be, check the FACTS before opening your mouth. And how you 'people' keep trying to drag Linkkoe into this is comical. But again, since we all know you're buddy-buddy with the CSRs, have them pull the account info of every toon you 'claim' to be harassed by. Guess what you won't find.... me or Link creating toons to harass anyone. You're pretty high on yourself if you think we care that much about you or this game. Sad part is, even at .50 cents a day for "entertainment", it's getting to the point it's not even worth it anymore. Macro groups, EC bots, speed hax, insta side-stun (from ANY angle), blah, blah, blah. Hell, if they ever fixed the insta-side-stun issue 90% of these tools would quit the same day. It's down to who can use their mouse for movement, jack the mouse speed up, and who has a 42 macro mouse to string combos together on. Wow, you found bad code and exploited it, good for you.

@Anesur , please define your comment here: "Quite the balls to submit a thread about RoC violations even though you are doing something much worse i'll give you that one...". What is the much worse "thing" I've done? Please define this for me. Please define ONE thing that even remotely comes close to somebody stripping the buffs of a fellow realm member.

Almost forgot about this one you wrote too, "damn lad wtfs wrong with you @Valtar";. What's wrong you ask? Nothing wrong with me, but there's A LOT wrong with this game. But keep trying to make me look bad... cause you're ALL failing at it. I know it hurts to lose to an old man with a 2-button mouse who uses his KB to move around. A good friend told me once... "It'll grow back"! /release is your friend!
    Post edited by Valtar on
This discussion has been closed.