Endless Conquest Mentor System?

Was leveling up an new class yesterday and found a few people who returned after 10 year away or something like that. Invited them to a group as they where getting whipped by mob agro. They where 3 lvls higher then me in the bg where we where lvling when I joined. While playing with them I explained some changes and how there class they where making works. We where having fun but when I level out they had only gained 1 level when I had gained 5 and they now where going to be left behind.. did on more run and they lvled out to but the nextbattle ground they got left completely behind (I ended up logging but we would have disbanded)

It would be nice if paying accounts could get a item that put up a group xp buff or something that just effects EC accounts in group or proximity or something. This way we can invite them to groups. Talk with them. And help them while still moving along though the game. I love that some people are coming back but I think if they don't get groups they will just stop before making it to rvr.

Just my two cents,
Tagged:

Comments

• Related to this the XP changes in the New Player quest series seem off. For example, on Gaheris on a new FtP character I had to stop three times in Ardagh (the third quest hub) and grind up to the next level killing random mobs to unlock quests. The only reason I even knew the quests were supposed to be there is because I've run those chains so many times. A new or returning player will probably just assume they have run out of quests and that there is nothing left to do. Things are especially bad on Gaheris since the battleground quests can't be completed, but I had the same issue on Ywain running up a new Runemaster..

At least one quest (in Midguard) is also now broken when you first get it. You need to drink a potion to complete the quest, but when the quest is handed to you you it's unlikely that you will be high enough level to use the potion. I found it really frustrating until I figured out I needed to grind up a level and then try again.
  • Yeebo wrote: »
    Related to this the XP changes in the New Player quest series seem off. For example, on Gaheris on a new FtP character I had to stop three times in Ardagh (the third quest hub) and grind up to the next level killing random mobs to unlock quests. The only reason I even knew the quests were supposed to be there is because I've run those chains so many times. A new or returning player will probably just assume they have run out of quests and that there is nothing left to do. Things are especially bad on Gaheris since the battleground quests can't be completed, but I had the same issue on Ywain running up a new Runemaster..

At least one quest (in Midguard) is also now broken when you first get it. You need to drink a potion to complete the quest, but when the quest is handed to you you it's unlikely that you will be high enough level to use the potion. I found it really frustrating until I figured out I needed to grind up a level and then try again.

Which quest is that Yeebo?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games

• Which quest is that Yeebo?

I believe it's a quest out of Fort Veldon. You have to kill the vendo Snari (near the Vendo Caverns), then drink a potion and talk to his ghost. However, when I first killed him I was one level too low to use the potion.

It's actually a pretty neat quest chain. The next time I run a character through the new player series in Mid. I'll provide more details if it's still broken.

• I know the one, the mob is in the tent right?
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I know the one, the mob is in the tent right?

Yep, that's it. I ran out and check his name before I posted what I could remember.
  • Thanks Yeebo, will check into that :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I was leveling up a-n new class yesterday and found a few people who returned after 10 years away or something like that. I invited them to a group as they w-here getting w-hip-ped by mob agro. They w-here 3 lvls higher then m-eyself in the bg where we w-here lvling when I joined. While playing with them I explained some changes and how their-e class they w-here making works. We w-here having fun but when I leveled out, they had only gained 1 level when I had gained 5; and they now w-here going to be left behind.. did on more run and they lvled out too but the next battleground they got left completely behind (I ended up logging but we would have disbanded)

It would be nice if paying accounts could get a item that put up a group xp buff or something that just effects EC accounts in group or proximity or something. This way we can invite them to groups;-. talk with them,-. and help them while still moving along though the game. I love that some people are coming back but I think if they don't get groups they will just stop before making it to rvr.

Just my two cents,
    GP
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Thanks substrate. I tend to only post while sitting on the toilet pooping, so ya finished early and just was like whatever my phone auto corrected or my fingers miss typed on my small phone will do. Kind of like this post. Sure you wanted to know that
    Post edited by rocketait on
  • rocketait wrote: »
    Thanks substrate. I tend to only post while sitting on the toilet pooping, so ya finished early and just was like whatever my phone auto corrected or my fingers miss typed on my small phone will do. Kind of like this post. Sure you wanted to know that
    already knew autocorrect.. it was the funny factor ;p
    616eh87m0ql8.jpg