Stealth groups

Can something be done about this? Hibs and Albs are constantly running 1 - 2FG of sneaks. And of course all high RR and Albs always have a minnie with them. Honestly, 2FG of stealth....how much retard mode is this?

Comments

• It's not my playstyle, but at least all 3 realms seem to be doing it which at least means there is some balance in the realms and they can try and fight each other. I get why people don't like stealther groups/zergs, they kill me on my ranger all the time as well, but so does visi zergs, small mans, and fg's. It all results in a /release just the same if they are visi or stealth.
  • All true... Except visi's don't pick and choose when to fight and when not to. Assisting casters is not the same as triple perf with multiple debuffs and poisons....all the while being shot from range by archers. Finally, look how easy mode this really is... Multiple perf/pb shots... Multiple phase shifts and zephyrs, all hidden until ready to pounce. Throw in a minstrel and now you have group heals, stun, mezz, chants, etc.
  • No different than the warloc bomb groups with a shadowblade to stealth them. Died to them at a mile gate twice this week. Release and go again. If you can't beat them then get some friends/realmmates to help. Make a big freaking battle out of it. Join an eight man on an assassin and go pop these stealthers so the visis can smoke em. Stop thinking there are rules, go full beast mode, KILL EM ALL!.........and have fun :smile:
  • I disagree with op, hibs don't have a public RvR bg during US prime-time or not a consistent one and the only way to get RvR action without getting zerged down by 100 albs and mids is running sneaks. I think it's great that there more sneaks out and should be encouraged. More action the better the game is and if it's 8mans, sneaks, zerging, small man etc then that's perfect for the game with all different styles.
  • The question I put to you, would u prefer action or no action?
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    The question I put to you, would u prefer action or no action?

Stealth groups aren't necessarily one or the other.

How many people log off when they constantly get owned by the same ten Archers hidden in stealth? Depending on your playtime/style/class/etc - it can be a real damn buzzkill.

My biggest issues with all of this is simply detection - even if you know the area is teeming with people, you've got very little way of actually popping them out of stealth depending on your class. You need to go and whack them, or drop a Prescience node which can be hit or miss. I've got some characters templated with Stealth lore and even that ends up being sort of an arse solution in the long run.

They gave Assassins the Blink Strike like in World of Warcraft - give the rest of us some goddamn flare guns so we can hunt the cockroach infestation that they've created.

I've started dragging around Archers/Assassins in groups if possible for that reason, but I still want a damned flare gun.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • Direct result of how BS transformed RvR and classes over the last years. :)

I play 2-3 times/week in a stealthgroup of 4-8, for ~2-3h/evening, and from what i`ve seen the last weeks it`s the same in all 3 realms. Far from 1-2 fg sneaks 24/7, so stfu.

@Budikah
    Yes, thats a really great idea. <<<Sarcasm
    Give visibles a flare gun (beside stealth lore items), remove remedy from archers and blur from assassins.
    You know what will happen? They`ll group even more or they don`t even play at all....great deal. :)
  • Direct result of how BS transformed RvR and classes over the last years. :)

I play 2-3 times/week in a stealthgroup of 4-8, for ~2-3h/evening, and from what i`ve seen the last weeks it`s the same in all 3 realms. Far from 1-2 fg sneaks 24/7, so stfu.

@Budikah
    Give visibles a flare gun (beside stealth lore items), remove remedy from archers and blur from assassins.
    You know what will happen? They`ll group even more or they don`t even play at all....great deal. :)

Bixbieflys or whatever had 2 fg with him. FACT. hell tonight, mids formed a stealth zerg ffs. I mean really, how lame is this crap? This **** needs to stop.
  • Badnagen wrote: »
    No different than the warloc bomb groups with a shadowblade to stealth them. Died to them at a mile gate twice this week. Release and go again. If you can't beat them then get some friends/realmmates to help. Make a big freaking battle out of it. Join an eight man on an assassin and go pop these stealthers so the visis can smoke em. Stop thinking there are rules, go full beast mode, KILL EM ALL!.........and have fun :smile:

visi groups is 100x different than stealth groups. Having the ability to pick and choose your targets is a huge bonus. Not to mention a plethera of phase shifts, zephyrs, and speed boosts if need.
  • Let’s call a spade a spade guilds like Stealth Legends are garbage and ruin the overall gameplay of RVR. That said get some friends and do something about it and stop making forums whine posts. (This is what gets stealthers going seeing you post)

GL
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Direct result of how BS transformed RvR and classes over the last years. :)

@Budikah

Bixbieflys or whatever had 2 fg with him. FACT. hell tonight, mids formed a stealth zerg ffs. I mean really, how lame is this crap? This **** needs to stop.

I don`t know what the Albs are/were doing, but yes, but yes i know the name.
    Saw him/her yesterday running with a visible group, checking the `solo´ spots several times.
    Could be a reason for the mid stealth zerg if they were running a 16 slot on alb side.

Not much you can do, sry.
    You can blame Mythic that they gave stealth to a speed class, but not for the current state of RvR.
    Don`t think that running stealthlore the whole time or a stealth class within a visible group will make it better.

• edited May 2018 PM
    Actually, running a stealther group amd running stealth lore does make it better. One of my good friends runs with the mid stealth zerg and has told me their groups broke up on nights because other stealther groups killed them too many times or that visi groups run with stealthers and kill them. Also, ask Westies how good stealth lore does for him finding stealthers. I think it works fine.

Visi's have many ways to find and mess up these stealther groups. Is it lame that they kill solo's and small mans with 8-16 stealthers? Yes. Is it also lame when zergs, 8 mans, and small man visi groups kill solo's? Yes. The result is the same. /Release with very little to no chance of getting a kill and/or surviving.

The only idea that has made some sense to me is to possibly remove the ability to see stealthers in group so far away, but I don't think removing that will stop anyone from grouping up on stealthers. It will just make it a bit more difficult to move around with so many stealthers together.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Stealth lore works very good against sneaks, no doubt. Keep it going if you want a 8-16 slot stealthzerg to be the standard, killing each solo and smalescale action.
  • I mean I dislike stealth zergs and find it extremely frustrating running into them, however they are players doing what the game is designed to do, group up and have fun together. It's not really fair to punish players for grouping. What BS should avoid doing is strengthening stealth classes with the idea that this will drive them to break up the zergs because it won't, it will only lead to more powerful stealth zergs/groups. Perhaps BS should give more classes stealth detecting abilities or reduce/tweak the escape tools stealthers have access to.
  • I'd be all for that soveriegn
  • Biggest problem with stealth groups is the lack of RvR supply lines. It's either camp MGs, solo areas, or main portal keep (Bled,Beno,Crauch). Back in the day it wasn't that much of an issue as there were RvR objectives/action all over the map, not so much now. It's easier to just camp the obvious routes people with take. There needs to be something that draws out RvR action to the unused areas of the map and give stealth groups a reason to move around instead of just staying put.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • edited May 2018 PM
    I agree to a degree @Sovereign. I just don't know what else they would add. Stealth lore, prescience nodes, and spamable aoe spells already gets me popped as a solo stealther fairly often. If you added even more options for stealth detection then it really reduces stealthing overall, even for players who don't group/zerg.

Once again, I also think these groups/zergs of stealthers suck as well and they kill me alot as well, but as @Sovereign stated, it's part of the game and you can't punish some for grouping because they play stealth but not punish visi for doing the same thing.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • Open up the second route down EV safe, would keep them from camping the funnel currently from the safe port.
  • I occasionally join in those zergs because it's fun to play with other people while on my main and I've finished the daily solos and the group quests are massive amounts of rps.
  • To my knowledge, besides stealth classes, only Hib (Vamp) has stealth detection and *maybe* minstrels? So adding a buff to a class in mid shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, remove free Vanish and speed boost completely. Shouldn't have a free get out of jail card if you are picking the fight.
  • Vanish isn't free... and I don't know what speed boost you're talking about. Roll a stealther get popped a bunch and figure out how to get away then you'll find them easier.
    To my knowledge, besides stealth classes, only Hib (Vamp) has stealth detection and *maybe* minstrels? So adding a buff to a class in mid shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, remove free Vanish and speed boost completely. Shouldn't have a free get out of jail card if you are picking the fight.

Midgard has it on the Savage Class Cloak, Vanish isn`t free, Vanish5= 30 Points, and Speedburst breaks on damage. Seems you don`t know much.
  • They should make is so ...the more of the same realm sneaks in an area the less effective their stealth should be. For instance.. If there are 6 hib sneaks in the same 4000 unit range.. they should have lvl 1 effective stealth as far as detection goes.
    ~Westies
  • Westies wrote: »
    They should make is so ...the more of the same realm sneaks in an area the less effective their stealth should be. For instance.. If there are 6 hib sneaks in the same 4000 unit range.. they should have lvl 1 effective stealth as far as detection goes.

Something like that was suggested 10-12y ago as Mythic had the menpower. And? Did it happen?
    And you think that will happen with such a small team? Really? :D
    They should make is so ...the more of the same realm sneaks in an area the less effective their stealth should be. For instance.. If there are 6 hib sneaks in the same 4000 unit range.. they should have lvl 1 effective stealth as far as detection goes.

Something like that was suggested 10-12y ago as Mythic had the menpower. And? Did it happen?
    And you think that will happen with such a small team? Really? :D

That isn't fair to the duo/trios that are running through a high traffic area. Besides, there is no way they would be able to code something like that without breaking many more things.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
    To my knowledge, besides stealth classes, only Hib (Vamp) has stealth detection and *maybe* minstrels? So adding a buff to a class in mid shouldn't be an issue. Furthermore, remove free Vanish and speed boost completely. Shouldn't have a free get out of jail card if you are picking the fight.

Midgard has it on the Savage Class Cloak, Vanish isn`t free, Vanish5= 30 Points, and Speedburst breaks on damage. Seems you don`t know much.

I just returned after 2 year haitus, and I was told a recent stealther patch they go tit. OK, so I'm wrong on that. Doesn't change the facts here that stealth zerging needs to die a horrible death. Secondly, having a cloak with that ability is no different than an artifact...it's not an ability that comes with the class like Vamps get.
    Tanky wrote: »

I just returned after 2 year haitus, and I was told a recent stealther patch they go tit. OK, so I'm wrong on that. Doesn't change the facts here that stealth zerging needs to die a horrible death. Secondly, having a cloak with that ability is no different than an artifact...it's not an ability that comes with the class like Vamps get.

I returned end of january after a ~9y break (think i left Gareth in 09), played a bit on a freeshard last year.
    What do you think were my first impressions? WTF isn`t nearly close.... :D
    It`s the current game/rvr design that encourage grouping for sneaks, so don`t blame the players. Your recent stealth patch was a recent stealth nerf, and nearly all rvr-action is centered around EV, Beno/Bled/DC. Not to mention that everybody and his dog wants this daily-bonus rp`s. I don`t think that will change in the near future.

Yep, you can`t compare a /use on a cloak with an ability where you have to put in some skillpoints.
    On Alb it`s the necromancer with stealthlore, on Hib the Vampiir, and Midgard has the Savage Class Cloak.
    I don`t know much about Necros, but if you take a look on common vampiir specs you may notice that a vampiir has to sacrifice some other stuff if he goes for high/med Stealthlore.
    And the Savage class cloak has what? From what i know (correct me if i`m wrong).. 40% Stealthlore, 10 min duration, as a /use2, not as a charge.
    I´d prefer the class cloak for stealth detection, and you?
  • Savage cloak have been nerfed . Stealth duration 5 min .
  • Ah ok, but still better as investing specpoints and running a mediocre spec.

For detecting sneaks, may not be the best cloeak in a common savage template, don`t know.
    Thx for the info. :)
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Just a symptom, because people don’t wanna get railroaded by Vizzy groups so they stealth. Game is centered around rvr and grouping so they group up.

Wait until it’s f2p and stealth will be everywhere. Open up the second path down EV and this will help to prevent camping the safe ports “funnel”.

Bring back ruined keeps and some of the stealth will go back to their visibles because they have a chance at DC/Bled/Beno
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Just a symptom, because people don’t wanna get railroaded by Vizzy groups so they stealth. Game is centered around rvr and grouping so they group up.

Wait until it’s f2p and stealth will be everywhere. Open up the second path down EV and this will help to prevent camping the safe ports “funnel”.

Bring back ruined keeps and some of the stealth will go back to their visibles because they have a chance at DC/Bled/Beno

That is to easy, the complete system is in a very bad shape and i don`t think that Broadsword can imagine what will happen once F2P hit the road without releasing a new server where all players start at zero.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=b5SSy6KV9-k
  • They won’t sink Ywain for a new server lets be real...
  • Stealther groups have existed since the game started. It only seems worse now because of the lower populations overall. Also, I really don't think it had much to do with the stealth changes because once again, stealther groups/zergs existed when I played during SI/ToA. Hell, most of the stealther changes made it easier on stealthers, not harder. Those that want to group will no matter what. Its easier to group up and you have potential to earn more rps in a shorter time while grouped.
    They won’t sink Ywain for a new server lets be real...

Thats for sure, but it would be the right way.

@RonELuvv

It has a much to do with the stealth changes, with the rvr centered around ev, with the bonus rp via daily quest etcetc, and with the players today and how they play the game.
    I played 4y on the eu servers, and 5y on Gareth, and i never ran into a 8 or 16 slot stealthgroup...never.

What changes made it easier? I know what i had and even with grouping it feels not easier. :)

I returned end of january after a ~9y break (think i left Gareth in 09), played a bit on a freeshard last year.
    It`s the current game/rvr design that encourage grouping for sneaks, so don`t blame the players. Your recent stealth patch was a recent stealth nerf, and nearly all rvr-action is centered around EV, Beno/Bled/DC. Not to mention that everybody and his dog wants this daily-bonus rp`s. I don`t think that will change in the near future.

Yep, you can`t compare a /use on a cloak with an ability where you have to put in some skillpoints.
    On Alb it`s the necromancer with stealthlore, on Hib the Vampiir, and Midgard has the Savage Class Cloak.
    I don`t know much about Necros, but if you take a look on common vampiir specs you may notice that a vampiir has to sacrifice some other stuff if he goes for high/med Stealthlore.
    And the Savage class cloak has what? From what i know (correct me if i`m wrong).. 40% Stealthlore, 10 min duration, as a /use2, not as a charge.

So...you're telling me Necro's have stealthlore now? Cause I didn't see it in the character builder.
    They won’t sink Ywain for a new server lets be real...

Thats for sure, but it would be the right way.

@RonELuvv

It has a much to do with the stealth changes, with the rvr centered around ev, with the bonus rp via daily quest etcetc, and with the players today and how they play the game.
    I played 4y on the eu servers, and 5y on Gareth, and i never ran into a 8 or 16 slot stealthgroup...never.

What changes made it easier? I know what i had and even with grouping it feels not easier. :)

I do agree that the tasks have amplified the stealther groups 100%. Its way easier now to join up w/ a group or zerg of stealthers and knock out 2-3 missions than it is to solo or small man. Same applies to visi's. I played on Iseult back in the day and I was in a guild that ran a daily fg of stealthers and we would occasionally run 1 fg + if the action at AMG or DF called for it. I remember many fights of 2-3 fg's of stealthers from each realm fighting in DF and AMG. Sure, it wasn't quite like it is today because action in the non-hot areas is dead. So as a solo/smallman you either run around in dead areas and see almost nothing, run in the hot areas and get ganked by fg's/zergs of visi's and stealthers, or you try and farm some areas like the new ruined areas or docks.

As far as the changes that made it easier.... Applying poisons no longer requires weapon swapping, blur/faster movement speed while stealthed, heal procs/charges, and stealth detection for group members at clip range all come to mind as changes that have made stealthers easier overall. I know many say they wish they had old poisons, and if you were a really good player at swapping weapons it was more powerful, but the new system is easier for casual and mid range players.

So...you're telling me Necro's have stealthlore now? Cause I didn't see it in the character builder.

Yep. It´s the level 30 Spirit Form from the Death Servant Line. Baseline 20% increased stealth detection while in shade form, radius and such affected by death servant specialisation. (from the description at excidio.net)
    And it works (from my own experience) fairly good. :#
    So you have the baseline stealthlore on the necro, the savage has stealthlore with 5min duration on his class cloak and the vampiir can press a key every minute and needs power to keep it up.
    Last but not least, every class can run stealthlore with the otherworldly resilent cloak. (35% chance, 1,5min duration, 10min reuse).
    Think there are enough tools for stealth detection already, no need for more. :)
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    As far as the changes that made it easier.... Applying poisons no longer requires weapon swapping, blur/faster movement speed while stealthed, heal procs/charges, and stealth detection for group members at clip range all come to mind as changes that have made stealthers easier overall. I know many say they wish they had old poisons, and if you were a really good player at swapping weapons it was more powerful, but the new system is easier for casual and mid range players.

That affects mostly sb, ns and infi. My ranger caster is still walking slow while stealthed, and i was fairly good with weapon swapping on her.
    Running a group of 4-8, roaming around and not sticking to a tower, searching for halfway even fights without getting steamrolled by a fg visibles isn`t that easy.

Yep. It´s the level 30 Spirit Form from the Death Servant Line. Baseline 20% increased stealth detection while in shade form, radius and such affected by death servant specialisation. (from the description at excidio.net)
    So you have the baseline stealthlore on the necro, the savage has stealthlore with 5min duration on his class cloak and the vampiir can press a key every minute and needs power to keep it up.
    Last but not least, every class can run stealthlore with the otherworldly resilent cloak. (35% chance, 1,5min duration, 10min reuse).
    Think there are enough tools for stealth detection already, no need for more. :)

The necro must be in spirit form to get it and while in spirit form they have little to no AF which means if they are looking for assassins, they typically eat a perf right to the face for extreme amounts of damage, but yes they have access to a type of stealthlore.
  • Great! So everyone gets stealthlore bonus but Mid (unless you count a cloak lol). Typical....
    Great! So everyone gets stealthlore bonus but Mid (unless you count a cloak lol). Typical....

But you do get 2H perfs, aoe casted/insta stuns, vendo..shall we go on?
    Great! So everyone gets stealthlore bonus but Mid (unless you count a cloak lol). Typical....

Don't be selfish an put SL in your temp... All realms have access to that and problem solved ....

P.S. I would trade the current Cleric /use on the class cloak for the Sav version.
    ~Westies
  • Sovereign wrote: »

The necro must be in spirit form to get it and while in spirit form they have little to no AF which means if they are looking for assassins, they typically eat a perf right to the face for extreme amounts of damage, but yes they have access to a type of stealthlore.

I`ve never seen a necro in shadeform running solo, there was always a group around him.
    And it seems that all alb smalescale and stealthgroups have the undocumented *summon Westies* ability.

So NO, YOU don`t get a class cloak with 5 min stealthlore! :p

And Tanky still didn`t get that a free 5min stealthlore on a class cloak is better as running in shadeform or running a mediocre spec.

I`ve never seen a necro in shadeform running solo, there was always a group around him.
    And it seems that all alb smalescale and stealthgroups have the undocumented *summon Westies* ability.

And Tanky still didn`t get that a free 5min stealthlore on a class cloak is better as running in shadeform or running a mediocre spec.

I get it just fine...but here again, you're missing the point...whether its a **** spec or not, Albs and Hibs at least have a class that has it....whereas Mids do not. We're not talking item uses, artifacts, or any other thing...just the fact as always, Mid gets the shaft with an ability other realms get (ahem, 3rd wall climber anyone?)
  • It doesn`t matter how, it only matters that the tools for stealthlore are already there, and with 5 min duration in a much better form.
    What do you want? Stealthlore as a skald song?

How about stealth for bard or warden? Or removing stealth from minstrels?
  • It doesn`t matter how, it only matters that the tools for stealthlore are already there, and with 5 min duration in a much better form.
    What do you want? Stealthlore as a skald song?

How about stealth for bard or warden? Or removing stealth from minstrels?

No stealth. It's dishonorable. Ban it to the Labyrinth! Down with sneaks!
  • Wait. Stealth GROUPS. Sure, if a group-stealthed group can MOVE.

Oh well I guess simply because you've never seen a solo necro in shade form that it must not exist.
  • Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.
    ~Westies
    Give Mid a /use2 : summon Westies to fight for Mid and Westies grants a 500 unit radius SL for all of Odin for 2 min.

I`d vote for it, but you would be a healer then. Hurray, no lightnings for 10xx damage on 40% resists in the back ! :D