what is the reasoning behind the mezz increase duration ?

2»

Comments

• @Rescu the increase to cc radius & duration will have zero effect on 8v8 fights.

The only change it could make is have the chance to maybe kill 1-2 extra targets when smaller numbers are hitting a zerg.

In any chance zergers will still blow all their cooldowns when they see someone hit them, regardless of the numbers.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    Rescu wrote: »

The field on CC is not equal in any stance. Honestly I'm not for increasing the CC duration at all, if anything I think it should be shortened greatly. I see this mez increase honestly trying to cater to a very few people that are worried about 8v8. Don't get me wrong, I'm for all play styles, one on one, 8v8, or BG, making this change for a few, that will effect so many more, I just don't see the reason here. Just putting in my thoughts.

I don't think there needs to be any changes to CC, especially since the inside of towers are about 495-500 units. @John_Broadsword if spell range effects spell radius, you will have Sorcerer's locking down entire floors of towers with MoC5, especially with the radius decrease to power leak.
    This is an RvR/PvP game. There should always be rewards for strategy, skill, positioning, preparation, and general game experience/knowledge over simply having more people.

100% agree. So why should we change our game mechanics for those that cannot do this properly? Long gone are the days of 8mans kiting zergs across islands, and those zergs were much bigger.

You guys are wasting your time. Ole Johhny boy will defend his decision to the very end, or right up to the point they start to slowly revert their decision over the course of a few patches just like the stealth upgrade. Just gotta let it go.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Just let it play out. Pendragon testing has never been reliable as not enough testers to see how things really work out.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Rescu the increase to cc radius & duration will have zero effect on 8v8 fights.

The only change it could make is have the chance to maybe kill 1-2 extra targets when smaller numbers are hitting a zerg.

In any chance zergers will still blow all their cooldowns when they see someone hit them, regardless of the numbers.

Why bother with it in the first place if the net gain is only an extra kill or two? This change just feels thrown in for the sake of change. Almost as bad as nerfing power heals without providing a rationale. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they provided their reason on this particular change so we understand what they're trying to accomplish. However, I doubt there will be a noticeable impact. The extra PBAOE damage will definitely make bomb groups more attractive and probably do more for zerg busting than the increased mez duration + radius.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Tyrantanic wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    @Rescu the increase to cc radius & duration will have zero effect on 8v8 fights.

Why bother with it in the first place if the net gain is only an extra kill or two? This change just feels thrown in for the sake of change. Almost as bad as nerfing power heals without providing a rationale. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they provided their reason on this particular change so we understand what they're trying to accomplish. However, I doubt there will be a noticeable impact. The extra PBAOE damage will definitely make bomb groups more attractive and probably do more for zerg busting than the increased mez duration + radius.

I agree with you that I fail to see the big reason for that change, but like you said it looks like they want to make bomb groups "viable" again.

However, the average zerger is R10 and not afraid to blow a cooldown, so I don't think it will change anything.

All in all I think that change isn't a big deal, so I don't really care.
  • tald wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    I don't think there needs to be any changes to CC, especially since the inside of towers are about 495-500 units. @John_Broadsword if spell range effects spell radius, you will have Sorcerer's locking down entire floors of towers with MoC5, especially with the radius decrease to power leak.

Whats the difference between aoe hammers/heretic aoe/aoe dots/aoe disease, aoe roots.

All of these abilities on various classes have similar radius, similar range and essentially "interrupt" in exactly the same way.

Heretic AOE also snares and the range is what 1750 (plus 10% range) before it was reduced in patch that's sitting on Pendragon.
  • tald wrote: »
    Dale_Perf wrote: »

Whats the difference between aoe hammers/heretic aoe/aoe dots/aoe disease, aoe roots.

All of these abilities on various classes have similar radius, similar range and essentially "interupt" in exactly teh same way.

bards and healer have been pushing and moc mezzing for 15 years with phaseshift/rr5 as a get out of jail free card.

The differences, at least on mid:

Hammer: 400 units
    BD AoE DoT: 350 units
    Shaman AE Disease: 400 units
    Shaman AE DoT: 350

None of these are "similar" in the scenario that was provided, sorc AOE mez can now blanket rupt the entire floor of a tower lol.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet