1.126 Pendragon Test-Server Patch Notes

Patch 1.126 and Endless Conquest are now on our Pendragon Test server!

Please hop on and test our latest changes and leave us your detailed feedback! Our live launch of patch 1.126 is just around the corner in November and the more testing and feedback we receive the better it will be!

Click here to check out the patch notes!

Highlights

• Dark Age of Camelot Endless Conquest features are now available for testing!
  • Been a long-time subscriber? Check out the new Veteran Rewards!
    • All "EU" accounts have been gifted +4 years of eligibilty!
  • Returning player rewards have been greatly improved!
  • Changes galore to RvR quest rewards, objectives, and Ruined Keeps!
  • Introducing Omni dyes that can be applied to any armor type or weapon!
  • New wares are available in the Mithril Shop!
  • Is the new King's gear better than your own? Maybe!
  • New quests have been added to the newly streamlined New User Journey!
  • Check out the new class changes including updates to AoE mezzes, Stealth mechanics, and the return of PBAoE bombs (and more)!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Battlefield potions have had their cost increased from 25,000 to 75,000 aurulite.
    - Will these be available for purchase with BPs after the patch?
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • How can we help officially spread the word of EC/ free to play?
    Now that its official,AKA November release. What ways can you as the player think to spread the word that DAOC is going free to play?
    Facebook, game sites, youtube channel, streamers, post your ideas.
  • So, Midgard power buff is removed but nobody else?
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • edited October 2019 PM
    woops
    Post edited by Dale_Perf on
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
  • Quick question. Since MoS is going back to an RA for assassins to train in, is it also going back to an RA for archers? Sorry if I missed it in the notes somewhere, didn’t see it though.
  • Not really sure now is the time to tweak classes or items but i guess BS wants to tone down classes so its a step in the right direction
  • Sorcerer mezz radius 450 way to mutch ... , 400 like other class please
  • Another question. If youre revamping kings gear, all templates will change again. Will the kings gear have a requirement such as curse items? As in you only get those extra stats when wearing all kings gear?
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Hello just a few thoughts. Can a higher up make an “official post” and explain what happened to the EU accounts that required them getting credited for four years. Communication to them is worth the effort so they know that they aren’t being shorted.

Also @beibhinn can you post a schedule of events for Pendragon. Everyone is extremely busy, so the best ROI would be to have this hosted officially, and posted ahead of time.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • I disagree with power shout removal from skalds, slowly goin throu the notes.
  • I disagree, that's a useful tool every realm has, give it to another mid class, or remove it from every realm.
    Sorc mez already has the crazy dext, and crazy range, combined with instant debuffs,why give it crazy radius too?
  • Regarding housing repossessions - there was no mention of the restarting of the repossession of personal houses for inactive accts.; as was previously stated in an older Note (or Grab Bag?) when 1.126 hit Live these repo timers would be re enabled. Would there be any clarification of this issue @beibhinn?
    I'm tryin' to clear up some tenements in our guild's 'hood ovah heah.

Agree that Skald's power shout should stay or be moved to another (Mid) class. This directly affects any maulers benefiting from a small yet quick power boost whilst grp'd w/a skald.

The Thank you quests are a nice touch and is a 'good look'. This patch looks generally, on paper, to be moving in the right direction!
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Mauler change why is this reducing the power pool of group mates by 50%? Especially when they are getting actively power leaked.
    Also why reduce the radius of power leeching to only 500 units. In the open field that’s a very small radius. Also isn’t this a 50 Aura Manipulaton spell?

One of the great things about this ability is that when your group gets AOE power leaked to 0 power it gave the group some power. This is helpful in Tower fights or close spaces like a CK.
  • edited October 2019 PM
    If the assasins are having to spec for Mastery of stealth again then its only fair to make Archers spec for Mastery of stealth?

If this a rollback of the Stealth buff patch then apply it across the board instead of favoring Archers who get free MOS9. They already get free Remedy?! Maybe it’s time to remove that as well and force Archers to spec for Remedy since they get free MOS.

Will assasins now walk slower then an Archer with out the shadow seek ability?

Kinda a double nerf to their poisons (again)...disease was already nerfed by 50%
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Smeger wrote: »
    I disagree with power shout removal from skalds, slowly goin throu the notes.

As one of the few skalds left in the game, i completely agree with this statement. Skald is being slowly destroyed. First you gave other classes speed, meaning skalds weren't necessary in grp for speed, Now you've taken the power buff from us, meaning even fewer groups want skalds, and then you allow champs and reavers to keep this. Add this to the fact, that most classes on mid already out DPS a skald, and there are many classes with higher utility and rupt capability, just means that skald is a dying class, outside of soloing and maybe small man.

Also I think Crescendo is a fantastic ability, as well as the Group Crescendo, and personally I dont think any class should lose that, its such a useful tool in fights across the board.

Please reconsider the choice to remove our power dd and please consider improving the class in either its DPS or Utility to make it a more group-able class again.
    Post edited by Silenttspeed on
  • I don’t play a skald, but I know how useful that power was in a group, let alone free power for maulers. Thing that needs toned down is power leak from ML spam. 3-4 hits shouldn’t drain all 100% power.

MoS9 spec’d for archer/assassin please let archers spec back into old MoS so I will run at the same speed as assassins that have spec’d high, the movement speed should be even on both classes.

Sorc may have a tool kit, but crying about radius. Sorc has one instant mez at 1500 range spec’d like 48+ in mind. Other counterparts, get insta aoe and more than one instant mez. Hardly full spec’d into cc. 50 radius is better all around.
  • edited October 2019 PM
    So...I'm guessing longer lasting mezz...at longer range with a bigger radius is actually the Armsman love we desperately need as people may actually want them for cure cc shout?

:( I obviously kid, but really, I'm disappointed that I still have no reason to play my Arms over my reaver, merc or pali.
    Post edited by Mace80 on
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Sorcerer have the best mezz range , the best radius and the best duration , insta dex/quick debuff , so yes the radius need to drop to 400 like other cc class .
    Post edited by Hellblast on
  • I see no increase to range/duration/radius to minstrel mezzes. :D
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • The veteran rewards from the Royal Treasurer do not give you the BP scroll when completing the quest. (tried multiple years) Just the other gifts.@John_Broadsword
  • Maybe it was a typo in removing the power buff from only the skald but if it was not can you at least explain why you removed from only the skald and not the champ or reaver?
  • edited October 2019 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »
    If the assasins are having to spec for Mastery of stealth again then its only fair to make Archers spec for Mastery of stealth?

If this a rollback of the Stealth buff patch then apply it across the board instead of favoring Archers who get free MOS9. They already get free Remedy?! Maybe it’s time to remove that as well and force Archers to spec for Remedy since they get free MOS.

Will assasins now walk slower then an Archer with out the shadow seek ability?

Kinda a double nerf to their poisons (again)...disease was already nerfed by 50%

Its now going to take 33 rps to get MOS9 and 50 spec points to get blurr thats a whole lotta points to spend IMO and another poison nerf again so basically we are super light dps tanks that can vanish and with all the stealthlore out there right now its hard to hide.
    I only use vanish 1 I would rather be in it to win it. I dont know any stealthers that specs High envenom any more its usually around 20 because its just not worth it any more. I bet Vanish will get nerfed next.

Also to buy the rp pots off the mith merchants are only 2 hour timer aren't rp pots 3 hours now come on you want me to spend my money on that they should still be 3 hours.

Plus the Skald losing there group power regen UGH!! you guys are killing me here.

Plus why increase the mez because thats what this game really needs um no !! as a heavy tank I already have to spec high det to do any thing in rvr.
    And no Heretic nerf? Seriously? What they got was not a nerf.
    Post edited by Badgor on

• edited October 2019 PM
    Yeah, I think either assassins should get MOS automatically as archers do currently or archers should have to spec it as a RA. I vote we all get it automatically as archers do on current live. Specing in it is a huge nerf for all of us. otherwise it's a generalized major stealth nerf due to less RAs. MOS is one of those very necessary ones.
    Post edited by Practician on
  • I agree that the RP pots should be longer. Would like to see them last as long (6 hours) and function the same (timer counts down only when logged in) as Battlefield potions. Same for the Buggane potion: the timer is too short and there are too few charges. I suggest at least 3 hours for both potions and 30 charges for the Buggane potion.

The Skald losing its group power heal on the instant DD seems out of place. I've heard this may be an attempt to prevent Skalds using the instant power heal in conjunction with the Crown of Zahur mana tether as a means of healing. If this is indeed the reason, then one of two things needs to happen: 1.) remove the mana tether /use for Skalds OR 2.) put the instant power heal on another class. At face value, this seems to be a direct nerf to Mid as a realm considering both Champions and Reavers retained their instant power heal.

Having mained primary CC classes throughout my years of playing DAoC, I have never considered needing longer mezzes nor a larger CC radius to deal with zergs. Hell, I'm even against the bolt range AoE roots currently implemented. You don't get coverage by spamming AoE CC on a single target. Coverage has always been accomplished by rotating through targets to spread out the CC (i.e. requires skill). I don't see what purpose this change serves other than to cater to those who struggle with CC management.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
  • Just a question but why are we addressing class balance AND launching EC in the same patch?!

Haven’t we learned about balance patches many many times before? This is essentially a straight to Live patch and yet again no time to test it or anything from “leadership” to justify what’s happening from a balance perspective.

Again it’s 2020 why not take the literal 5-10 minutes to explain what the thought process is for some of the changes?
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    Just a question but why are we addressing class balance AND launching EC in the same patch?!

Haven’t we learned about balance patches many many times before? This is essentially a straight to Live patch and yet again no time to test it or anything from “leadership” to justify what’s happening from a balance perspective.

Again it’s 2020 why not take the literal 5-10 minutes to explain what the thought process is for some of the changes?

Changes for the most part look good. Why do they have to explain their thought process? A lot of the changes are in response to past gripes from the community. Looks like they tried to meet the community in the middle as it pertains to assassins.

Now @John_Broadsword @beibhinn Could you please explain your thought process on the Skald Battle Shout change!? :D
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • They should have brought back old viper 5 being a 100% and have old lifebane.
  • Not a single change I am excited about or thought was necessary.
  • Most of them are reactions to people who don't understand the game.
  • edited November 2019 PM
    It’s obvious from the patch that the class changes are being driven from the same narrow group of so called leet players on the internal boards.
    The comment above totally explains what they think of you the masses we don’t understand the game so we can’t have an opinion.
    It’s why people left the game in droves due to stupid patches like the ruined keeps a very small minority play the game like the main instigators of these patches but they are the ones who are listened to.
    Think this the 6 th time in last 2 or 3 years that tics reavers and necros have been nerfed all so they can fit in with the leet 8 man view of the world.
    It’s like they see the game totally in game mechanics and nothing else it’s why the game has had such bad feedback on patch days.
    If your gonna put in class tweaks explain the reasoning ffs at least then we have some idea where your thinking is.
    Also where’s the armsman love extensive threads on these boards soundly debated calling for help for armsman and what do we get mezzes extended and most of alb fun classes nerfed.
    [not needed]
    I’m going to have a lie down in a dark room.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • @Brut

Tics got a relatively small nerf to their ae ramp range, which was totally necessary. Not sure what you are crying about.

Necros got their WS nerfed because it's currently at the same level as heavy tanks on a hybrid? Makes sense too.

Is your definition of fun = OP?
  • We'll have a Grab Bag out later today addressing and answering questions asked about various parts of the patch and Endless Conquest :)

DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I REALLY like that so much work was put in here. Absolutely not one to complain about a large patch vs many small ones. I like to know what I'm getting for the next six months or so, off the bat! Also they put it on pendragon so we can absolutely test things out/and or leave feedback here (or not really complain).

I do think Sorc radius mez should be 400 as the others. The issue is being able to interrupt a huge swath of the field from out of range (2100+).

My speculation is that EU accounts were given extra 4 years credit because the transfer can't go back and look at records (EU account records are protected by EU laws which require that the data remain in the EU, there's more to it than that, but likely when Mythic/Broadsword consolidated to US servers they were legally unable to track older account usage details for EU accounts). I think 4 years is fairly generous (and good). It should allow most EU players to get most of the higher rewards out there!

Was expecting new class/race options. Is that coming at a later date?

Also, what's up with the rubble/siege tents spread around the RVR frontier? Very curious on that one.

I do have to say with the assassin nerf (They were really strong) maybe assassins should be playable by EC accounts. I agree with the parity between archer/assassin though; previously sins could see better (unless archers were standing still with casted 30 sec buff up) AND move much quicker. ie can't get away, and often close the gap before an archer could get off a root shot, especially if blur was used.
  • @Shoke Brut has made it very clear in the past that he believes there should be OP classes for casuals to compete with. Of course this completely ignores the fact that not so casual players also play OP classes.

@Brut Melee Necros needed the nerf. They're better than most heavy tanks with all the toys and damage output they have. This nerf is actually quite soft. Pretty sure most melee Necros who know how to play their class will still wreck face. But hey, you've probably never fought against one or even played one to know their potential is insane.

The Heretic nerf to their AoE snare is short from what it should be: 1500 range. It always seems like nearly half of any Alb zerg consists of Heretics just spamming snares. While by itself it's not terrible, in conjunction with many other Heretics, everyone moves at a snail's pace and dies before reaching their target. This nerf is also soft.

But hey. Mids got stripped of their power heal, so I guess that's ok. /s
  • After testing, three more questions:

Will Illustrious Bracer be usable by EC accounts (throne room, left side merchant). Gives a 20 minute buff 20 uses rechargeable, 2500bps. With 25 BB (pop a stardrop in), it's 146 to str con dex 88 to quick and 62 to caster acuity stat.

Illustrious weapons are now inferior to the free epic weapons (not shields). Any interest in upgrading at least those procs to be comparable?

Will accounts be able to choose one additional reward on every date that they get an additional year of active account status? (For example. Let's say a player is a 5 year veteran (maybe 4 months off of 6) account but want's the pendragon's bracer. Would they have to save at least one of their choices and wait for the 4 months, or when the account updated would they be granted an additional reward (and could then chose a level 6 reward).
  • Assassins complaining is humorous. The stealth game is so broken I don't even know where to begin. The problem is, stealthers will group/zerg which is bad for the health of the game whether they are OP or gimped so that aspect doesn't really matter. Amongst all of their complaints they always seem to ignore the fact that they have the single most powerful ability in the game.... stealth.

Assassins have always been designed to be opportunistic killers... picking off weaker, solo players that fall behind or are caught unaware. NOT to stand toe to toe with tanks and multiples.
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    Assassins complaining is humorous. The stealth game is so broken I don't even know where to begin. The problem is, stealthers will group/zerg which is bad for the health of the game whether they are OP or gimped so that aspect doesn't really matter. Amongst all of their complaints they always seem to ignore the fact that they have the single most powerful ability in the game.... stealth.

Assassins have always been designed to be opportunistic killers... picking off weaker, solo players that fall behind or are caught unaware. NOT to stand toe to toe with tanks and multiples.

Very few of them can go toe to toes with tanks I would say a script player could (no skill in scripting). You dont see 8 assassins grouping up there might be 2 in a group and the rest archers . With all the stealth lore out there stealthing isnt as easy as it seems. Once again the poison line is crud all ready! yes lets nerf it again!! Any one with MOC and a life tap can easily kill them. Look at the make up of the Alb stealth groups they run 2 group deep with scouts but yet you complain about Assassins. BS has done every thing possible to give groups a way to see stealth you dont run it thats bad on your group. BS has now killed the Assassin class with this patch but I think thats what they want to do any ways. I would say the most loyal community of players in the game is the stealthers we get ran over by groups and zergs all the time and we dont boohoo we say Oh well and get back out there. But when I run in a visi groups they get crushed more then twice every one logs and that goes across the board to all the realms. So maybe BS should stop nerfing Assassins and let people learn to set groups up properly and not do a run whata brung. Groups in general would do much better

• KoeKoe
    edited November 2019 PM
    I left feedback on this topic but I'd love players to comment on this as well. I think the PBAOE change will make a very very large imbalance in favor of alb and hib for large scale warfare.

Pbaoe classes with 425 pbaoes:
    Alb 2- Matter Cab + Ice Wiz Comments: Both of these specs have TONS of zerg utility and lots of active players
    Hib 2- Mana Eld + Mana Chanter Both of these specs have tons of utility and lots of active players
    Mid 1- Sup SM The class only has its pbaoe, an aoe str/con debuff, a single target mez, and a single target dehaste. Nobody plays it as it is only good for situational zerg play (defending a chokepoint and has zero open field or normal keep defense utility).

Pbaoe classes with 325 pbaoe + UI + 35% snare
    Hib- Bain (great class, can keep this UI up all the time and cast other spells at the same time).
    Alb- Necro (lots of utility, can keep the UI up for 30 seconds, long enough for a zerg push)
    Mid- Warlock (at 50 spec which is required for the 35% snare can only cast 3x at 60% damage until out of power even with hexcraft set). That's hardly "UI". As such its an unplayable spec and nobody will do it.

My suggestion was to give locks the 35% snare component on their 45 pbaoe (Locks will still be out of power within 9ish seconds, and will likely wipe if its a tanks first push as OOP for the caster push) and or look at actually making Sup sm's a playable large scale warfare spec. Or if you want to get crazy give Mids a 2nd main pbaoe class for "parity". As is, especially with returning players, any of them interested in playing a pbaoe class are going to stay away from Mid and will play a bain,cab, wiz, eld chant or possibly necro unless they are a glutton for punishment.

I would add that the skald only power reduction and the ML powerleak will further exacerbate the differences here as Mid and Locks are heavily reliant on power to even maintain parity with what Hib gets for free.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword Why did we dodge the skald questions in the grab bag? It's really baffling, at least give us something to replace it on another class. F Midgard?
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword Why did we dodge the skald questions in the grab bag? It's really baffling, at least give us something to replace it on another class. F Midgard?
    The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do.

Class changes are ALWAYS done because we think the changes are needed or are desired by players to make the game more fun and/or balanced. That doesn't mean they are always perfect but nothing is ever changed to spite a realm.

If something seems off with a given class change, the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical) it's to give us feedback (here, on discord, or via the feedback form) on why you think it's not the right decision or why it doesn't fully account for other aspects of gameplay and how it should be tweaked to be better. We do listen and your feedback does matter. Doesn't mean something is always going to be changed in the exact way requested, but more often than not change does happen.

We've been listening to feedback (on the Skald changes as well as on the rest of the patch) and stated in this grab bag that we'll have some more adjustments coming next week. Stay tuned.
    Post edited by John_Broadsword on
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword Why did we dodge the skald questions in the grab bag? It's really baffling, at least give us something to replace it on another class. F Midgard?
    The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do.

Class changes are ALWAYS done because we think the changes are needed or desired to make the game more fun and/or balanced. That doesn't mean they are always perfect but nothing is ever changed to spite a realm.

If something seems off with a given class change, the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical) it's to give us feedback (here, on discord, or via the feedback form) on why you think it's not the right decision or why it doesn't fully account for other aspects of gameplay and how it should be tweaked to be better. We do listen and your feedback does matter. Doesn't mean something is always going to be changed in the exact way requested, but more often than not change does happen.

We've been listening to feedback (on the Skald changes as well as on the rest of the patch) and stated in this grab bag that we'll have some more adjustments coming next week. Stay tuned.

I understand not answering every little question, but it was seemingly a move direction to screw skalds over. Nobody will play the class without the power buff, as its the only reason we bring a skald to my curse/ow/hallowed raids. Other mid classes out-DPS skald easily. My suggestion would be to just not remove the skald buff unless we're removing it from everybody. Surely you understand, targeting a random class and taking away an ability all realms already get, would not be received well.
  • Dale_Perf wrote: »

Class changes are ALWAYS done because we think the changes are needed or desired to make the game more fun and/or balanced. That doesn't mean they are always perfect but nothing is ever changed to spite a realm.

I can't imagine you'd make a change without some rationale or thinking. The way you make it sound is that one day you wake up and say, "Hey, this class feels wrong. Let's just remove / change something and see what happens because I think it'll be fun / good." I strongly doubt that's your thought process but it sure appears that way with how you present changes. Even Blizzard attempts to make justifications for changes / additions they make so it's not unprecedented for developers to do this. At least then the player base knows what ground you stand on as opposed to being completely in the dark. This community is already small. Don't isolate it.
  • Does the removal of Shadow Seek from assassins mean they will have the same stealthed walk speed as archers?
    Yes they will have the same potential for in-stealth movement speed now with the level of Mastery of Stealth trained determining their in-stealth movement speed.

We are also looking into changing Mastery of Stealth into a realm ability for archers in 1.126 too.

The problem with these 2 items is it leaves out newbie players. they must spec high levels of mos just to keep up with other veteran stealthers in group. This should be a base stealth ability as it is for all archers now. This will keep it fair for newbie and veteran players.

A major issue in stealth groups now and always has been stelathers keeping up with each other in the group due to varying speeds due to varying levels of MOS. It would be best to keep MOS as a base innate skill as it is with archers now. IE all assassins and archers get it free to make it much more stealth group friendly and not a huge disadvantage for newer players or low rr players starting out.
    Hey it’s 2020 and these class balance patches really have been proven to be “not popular”. Meaning they make players stop playing Live in response. I think “asking why” is a direct reflection of the sheer lack of active open communication @John_Broadsword.

I get it the vocal minority make posts and someone reads them and probably deposits them some where for further vetting (internal boards).

I haven’t seen a schedule of events for Pendragon, are we supposed to login and leave feedback based on what?
  • Koe wrote: »
    pbaoes.
    I agree with everything you said, even more mana chanters can debuff their own heat baseline dd or enter the energy debuff train with their baseline dd in mana, while supp sm needs another dark sm to debuff spirit, having to put two sm in a group for that. Ice wiz already has a spec dd with -10% debuff.
    Interesting patch notes so far. I'm interested to see if the pbaoe changes will go live. I also really like update to the free kings armor. This gives new/returning players a chance to get into rvr quickly and have a halfway decent chance. Bringing back composite stealth is a step in the right direction for assassins. I personally would like to see the whole class reverted back to what it was prior to the assassin class change. There are a lot of benefits to having 50 stealth, but I feel the negatives outweigh the positives. For one, you are pretty much forced to spec high stealth in order to be competitive. This means gimping either envenom, duel wield, or critical strike. I was a little annoyed to see the envenom line nerfed yet again.

I would also like the team to potentially look at archer bow damage. I tried rvring today on my archer and lack of ranged dps really shocked me. The damage on both critical shot and elemental shots were really low. I know many people on these boards complain about stealther/archers in general, but after my experience today I can totally see why they group in large numbers. The class does not have the burst to bring targets down quickly.

The patch though does not address a few of the core issues with rvr in my opinion. I know I'm probably one of the minorities, but I love keep battles. I don't know if things have changed, but when I was actively playing healing was out of control. Heavy tanks could completely shut down a courtyard simply because you could not out dps the amount of healing the classes were getting. Single target heals are not the issue as the healer in question needs to actively see the player they are healing. This gives the opposing team an opportunity to shut the healer down.The main issue lies with area of effect spell, such as spread heal.

The keeps are also poorly designed as they give the defending realm no advantage at all. Most of the time it's a waste of time to even defend a keep because for the most part the attacking realm has the advantage. I noticed this pattern this afternoon while defending bold as very few albs showed up to defend. Xyorman in a podcast I watched a few years ago that dealt with rvr as a whole brought up a very interested point. The introduction of EV shifted the focus of rvr from keep warfare to the island itself which has had an adverse affect on the game as a whole. There really is no logic to rvr or objectives anymore.
    Post edited by Thalia on
  • Just reroll game pre ruined keep revert class changes.
    If your gonna do em do one at a time then small changes,
    The best production engineers make small changes then see how they go the ones who get fired are the ones who make big changes because they think it will make them look good and they will get promoted they either work or they end up getting fired because everyone can see what a **** up they made true story from the world of engineering!
    If ain’t broke don’t fix it !
    Thalia wrote:
    The keeps are also poorly designed as they give the defending realm no advantage at all. Most of the time it's a waste of time to even defend a keep because for the most part the attacking realm has the advantage. I noticed this pattern this afternoon while defending bold as very few albs showed up to defend. Xyorman in a podcast I watched a few years ago that dealt with rvr as a whole brought up a very interested point. The introduction of EV shifted the focus of rvr from keep warfare to the island itself which has had an adverse affect on the game as a whole. There really is no logic to rvr or objectives anymore.

I enjoy keep fights as well, but I dont agree the defending realm has no advantage. More people need to learn how to use siege and IMO @John_Broadsword , we need better siege tutorials and a revamp of Infernal Engineering. It's almost impossible atm to take keeps during prime time, Mid is usually underpopulated in the early US prime hours so sieging is near impossible, we just find defensive positions to enjoy our keep fights. But siege needs to be brought back to relevance, because it's an instrumental part to fun keep sieges, hence keep sieges.

As for your point on EV -- Yes IMO EV will slowly destroy DAOC, and this patch has taken the right steps to reverse that. There is nothing on EV you cannot do in NF besides buggane. So now there is no reason to be off the island. The removal of the RP quests does help, although this might not have been the best choice. They should return the gold keys from taking high level keeps and put decent rewards in the chests downstairs (bps/ml tokens/loyalty cloak leveling tokens), and give zergs a reason to be off the island.

The other zerg leaders also know how hard it is to siege. Hero will only pve keeps if there are no defenders, and relic raids are pretty much PvE raids these days because there is no chance for a 4-5fg zerg to take a relic with a good 2fg defending, and thats most of the action today. @John_Broadsword no zerg leader will try to take a keep outright from a realm that has any formed zerg on, this is why we don't have anymore good keep fights. My suggestion would be to make it easier to get into the courtyard of keeps, weakening outer walls/gates, remove outer oil doors, and do not let enemy realms repair keeps with enemies inside. The best keep fights are usually inside keeps, and if you cant find a way to break down the door or wall before too many defenders get there (which these days can be a good 2fg caster assist train) there are no fun keep fights, its an entire waste of time (the amount of time PvEing the keep before defenders get there, ie killing guards, getting ram down, all with no defenders), and you can wipe after 1 hour of "work" (pve part of the siege) and get maybe 500 rps? Nobody wants to do this. Make keep fights fun again @John_Broadsword

Post edited by Dale_Perf on
  • They already made adjustments to get inside court yards easier in 1.125 @Dale_Perf. Only change I would make regarding keeps would be to allow siege chants / warlord buffs to reduce the time it takes to build siege towers. Taking or defending keeps requires coordination regardless of numbers. It's typically easier to defend a keep than take one but again that is very dependent on coordination between players. Zergs, as you know, are difficult to coordinate. Hence why there's always a noticeable improvement when 1-2FGs that communicate well side cars a zerg.
    My guess is you haven’t played an archer much @Thalia ? Critical shot damage is very powerful and the reason that your elemental shots aren’t doing as much damage is because everyone has 36% resists due to champ resists buff.
    The Archer is probably the most powerful it has ever been since OF becuase they get free Remedy and free Mastery of stealth 9.
    Poisons take another 50% hard nerf now it’s time to revert free Remedy from Archers and remove free MOS9.