July newsletter - Endless Conquest update, and more.

13»

Comments

• How come nobody is addressing the real issue. Remove stealth zerging trash grps. I heard a certain other place has a cap on stealthers in an area, I'm sure that couldn't be too hard to code in. Not that I know since I stayed loyal to this server and kept my sub.

Also again, let's just all compromise, realm timers but make it 10 minutes. If you didn't get the outer down in 10 minutes or ST built then you were never going to take that keep anyway. I mean if someone swaps it's realistically going to be like 15 minutes before they actually get there to defend with a 10 minute timer. But also you zergers just understand that the whole realm that has been avoiding you will show up to farm you at a keep, it's not people swapping. Then again you can blame the harder to take keeps on the zergers that complained they were too hard to defend from a larger force. Qqqqqqqqqqqqqq

Make trebs work again while you're at it

#removestealthzergs2019
  • Shoke wrote: »
    The only players in this thread showing no sense of compromise are the zergers like @INACA @Fateboi @Snaillyn and @Brut."

Leave my name out of ya mouth I'm neutral like Switzerland just along for the ride and killing OTW
  • I don’t understand how all of the zergers are just telling the 8mans to “just stop whining, and being a baby, and pull up their diapers” when we are literally just giving our very honest feedback of the implications of this patch on our play style. Calling us names and complaining about our feedback isn’t going to do anything.

Of course you want us to shut up, y’all don’t 8man. In the end, we all also strongly believe it will affect you very negatively as well but we realize there’s no convincing we can do there.

And very minor sidebar worth mentioning to all the zergers asking for me to shut up, I have always supported DAOC through every single patch and looked forward to adapting in its new mechanics. Always been the most supportive. From light tank stances, to necros, to EV changes, to events, to new quest gear. This spans across every single pve or rvr patch. And I have never “complained” I.e. gave feedback on ign, vn or this forum about it. Never. For what it’s worth.

While on this, I am very much looking forward to EC, I really can’t wait! I really hope IF Broadsword implements realm timers they do it before or after EC so they can witness the implications it will have on our community. Maybe then they will react to real data instead if they won’t listen to feedback from an entire segment of their population.
  • So for 30 min i can't play a game i love to
    Play every night. I also pay to receive 200+ channels on my tv + netflix and prime. I can go watch that and never play this game again. While the zergs like @INACA will not care , it will be one less person for them to try to kill and 4 acconts closed. Then more will follow suit.

I dont know why yiu are worried, all yiu do is run 2-4 groups every night rolling single groups on the island than want timers when said groups switch to mow you down .

@STFU then dont add on fight and other group will not pull off.
  • I dont recall ever having timers but i always played one realm until someone opened my eyes to what i was missing. What i do remember is having multiple aervers and could only have one realm per server per account. So if i switched realms, i switched servers.

We cant do that anymore. We only have one server.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    So for 30 min i can't play a game i love to
    Play every night. I also pay to receive 200+ channels on my tv + netflix and prime. I can go watch that and never play this game again. While the zergs like @INACA will not care , it will be one less person for them to try to kill and 4 acconts closed. Then more will follow suit.

I dont know why yiu are worried, all yiu do is run 2-4 groups every night rolling single groups on the island than want timers when said groups switch to mow you down .

@STFU then dont add on fight and other group will not pull off.

I like how I'm a zerger only.... I've played this game since 2001. I've played every play style. I have over 10,000 solo kills, spent a good chunk of time soloing after my guild from Mid Bors dissolved. I have spent more time 8-man/solo than I ever have in a zerg. I happen to be in a guild with some dudes that I have a good time playing with. When we have 12 people on, we include everyone. If we have 16 on, we include them. I don't think that is a bad thing, and in DAOCs current state it is sometimes necessary.

Would I like to play SET 8 only? HELL YES. I'd love to go back to the old days, man!

I see your point about the realm timers, and maybe I'm wrong and you're right. There is that possibility, and I acknowledge it.

The problem is this. The past few nights we have 60-80 Albs online and roaming. So we group up, I think last night we had 2.5 groups(not all guild btw). We run around EV trying to avoid them, it's suicide to run into those kind of numbers. We get flak for running into EV with the numbers needed just to survive the Albs...... When we run across a group, we engage. A lot of times, you guys wipe us. @xuu and his group pulled 2.5-3 groups of Mids to their deaths last night perfectly. I respect that, good for them! This is every single night btw. I think Mids are just resigned to their doom. I know I'm getting there.

Long rant to say this, I'm not a zerger. I hope the game gets back to the days when there are enough people SKILLED enough to roam 8-man and have a respectful community. Mid isn't there atm.

CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • I admit and i am sure my group and @xuu group will agree i am far from the best. But 8man is my playstyle. And taking away the ability to switch realms is giving us, as subcribers, a time out. It doesnt matter if you are a. Solor, 8 man. Or zerger.

I agree reacue and his followers have turned into a monster. I remember a wile back Astruatar was going to try to run 8 man on mondays. What happen with that. If you have 16 why not run 2 aeparate groups until needed to group up? I really do get the guild think. Way back in the day Empire could fill 2 groups and we did just what you do. But today its a different game. Back then we could run heal bots. Really cant today
  • You guys looking real cute when your "8" and refuse to hit one another (hibs running next to alb) and running w/Nexxron side cart that "adds" anything you hit.

laughable af
  • I never ran with nexxron.. Never, just ask him.
  • How in the F did my name get mixed with some zergers! Crap straight blows my mind..
  • Meh, no matter what they do the piss off 50% and receive praise from the other 50%. No matter what, they can't keep everyone happy. You just got to roll with the punches until they forget to feed the hamsters.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Lol lol lol look at alll the supposed 8 manners getting accused of being zergers and getting but hurt.
    I repeat everyone one of the so called 8 man players on these boards are zergers no one exclusively 8 mans.
    I play all play styles but the difference is I admit I Zerg and I really don’t give a toss but what does bug me is the hypocrisy of the alleged 8 men on these boards none of you are pure 8 mans you all Zerg in some form or other.
    As for shoke jeez your in product development and you don’t listen to your customer lol are you for real wtf happened to the customer being allways right.
    The trouble is for too long the game devs have listened to the people who allegedly know what’s best for the general population and look where that’s got us people voted with there feet.
    Bring on the timers and I will drink a glass of 8 man tears like I do when I Zerg your sorry asses down on agramon .
    Fun thread ain’t laughed so much for a long time
  • Wont be my tears. I will be unsubbed laughing each month at the bank when you have nothing to kill.
  • edited August 2019 PM
    You’re not the only people playing, may want to just take a break, even stop speaking for your people and just leave? I am sure not everyone you play with feels the same way, if you don’t like it and you can’t find people to play with then just leave. Your money does not run this game.

Edit: @Minibard
    Post edited by Snaillyn on
  • edited August 2019 PM
    @Snaillyn You are right I am not talking about the people I run with. I am talking about ME. But you are wrong when you say my money doesn't run this game. If all the subs quit tomorrow, there would be no game. Your money, my money and other peoples' money pay for this game. Don't worry if timers make it to live, I will just leave. Its not the the game that keeps me, its the friends I have made.
    Post edited by Minibard on
  • @Snaillyn actually you’re wrong. @Minibard’s comments are every 8man player’s sentiments regarding realm timers.
  • Let's not go down that route please - everyone's opinion is valid and welcome and telling someone to leave if they don't like it is not on.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited August 2019 PM
    Minibard wrote: »
    Don't worry if timers make it to live, I will just leave. Its not the the game that keeps me, its the friends I have made.

So timers are introduced - and you will bail on your friends? I find myself good at maths, but something doesn't quite add up. Lets face it - If Asatraur runs 8 and dies every run, they slowly leave the game - Leaving you to only fight IRC. How long will you last fighting IRC and Rescu.

Everything revolves year to year, season to season. There are alot of very good players / groups just waiting to return for some 8v8 for the next big thing - Will you still be preaching 8v8 when they all return ? I don't think so.

Nothing against you, and it's great to see you and creeper finally doing some 8v8 in the middle of 2k19. Maybe after you leave we will see Asatraur preaching exactly what you guys are today.

It's not the patches that killed 8v8 it is our own 8v8 playerbase.

We have seen snipets of the passion and success of 8v8 over the past few years when Jimmly, Obe, Beeyawnsay and Deamo have stepped up to lead the drafts.
    Post edited by tald on
  • Fateboi
    You guys looking real cute when your "8" and refuse to hit one another (hibs running next to alb) and running w/Nexxron side cart that "adds" anything you ) Totally agreed with you , yesterday we was 5 man , not 8 , 12 or 16 , 5 on hibs , we was fighting against irc at berk and your group minibard was waiting on top of the castle and avoid to fight irc , waiting for us to die , what affect all realm in general more then realm timer ? Its this kinds of things .
  • @xuu do we need the quit card from everyone who says its going to ruin their game? They have gotten so use to not liking the action on one realm, they just hop onto another? Cant believe 30min is so long for people to wait. Its a bathroom break/smoke/drink run, then onto any realm you choose.

The game does not revolve around 8v8 its a small population in a game with a small population. Most 8 are even more. The island is so small it takes 1 kill and 30sec to run over an find action. This timer does not effect me, and the amount of time it is, shouldn’t be a problem for any average to daily player. The realm hopper it will, but thats the point right? @Minibard
  • You are not going to change my mind, and i am not going to Change yours. So i guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. Its not that i even change realms that often. Its an option being taken from me for 30 min. I usually change maybe once a night and yes 30 min is a long time. We are adults here with family and rl. You know things come up and with idol time things will come up even more.
  • lets be real
    no one is chasing population ---- you are chasing rp kill quests

100k rps in 30 minutes when there is nothing to fight

you all play by your own rules and subsets of rules lol----i watched the action at the flaming tower last night

and was wondering why neither "leet" group killed the others healers lol. Sure was a lot of rezzing goin on :)
  • Inter working with the other “8” and cross teaming it’s pretty laughable as they whine and cry about a timer here. @beibhinn says you guys are are g2g though so no worries.

I’m just along for the ride with my bro dogs as long as this will last. I was there at the end of Bors then b/g/p, Mordred, and the classic cluster. Looking forward to the new Meta.

GL