Frontier's Update: Manx on the Move

The Frontier Generals Kogis, Bruki, and Vegda have delivered another urgent report of some elite Manx scouts spotted near the realms' coastal keeps! Manannan mac Lir must be making his move.

• The [Manx] [Small Group] Loyalty Rewarded quest is now active and will remain available until Tuesday, June 18th!
    • Level 50s should visit their realm's General to obtain the quest!
      • Speak to General Kogis in Catterick Hamlet
      • Speak to General Bruki in Godrborg
      • Speak to General Vegda in Crair Treflan
    • Players are encouraged to find 1 or 2 friends for help completing this quest!
    • A Manx Vanguard or Manx Tunneler can be found in 4 locations around each coastal keep!
      • Search around Caer Bersktead, Caer Erasleigh, or Caer Sursbrooke in Albion.
      • Search around Nottmoor Faste, Blendrake Faste, or Hlidskialf Faste in Midgard.
      • Search around Dun Crimthainn, Dun Bolg, or Dun da Behnn in Hibernia.

• Your loyalty will be handsomely rewarded!
    • Receive a realm-unique Gem of Swift Travels for your efforts and cruise around your realm in style with 204% movement speed!
    • Choose between an instant level 35 character token or a level 50-restricted 50,000 bounty point scroll!
    • All rewards are tradable.
The generals eagerly await more information on what the Manx and Manannan mac Lir are up to...

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2019 PM
    Nvm. Just saw it.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Nice, instant 35s again.
  • Woot Small man quest! Bringing small mans to other areas of map. Like this!
  • Once per toon :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Tough little mobs to kill. Vanguards hit kinda hard on my BM even with all resists up. They have a lot of hit points.
  • edited May 2019 PM
    I got two /level 35 tokens in Mid free for any of the Hib stealthers who want to stop zerging.

DM me on Discord
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • For some reason I can't get the quest on a few of my level 50s.
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • @Carol_Broadsword How is this quest a loyalty to your realm? Realm timers ( I know BS doesn't want them back, but players do) do keep the folks from realm hopping in certain instances. Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else and I've not seen it. Just want a clarification that if we are calling something "Loyalty" that it actually is being "Loyal" to that realm. Can I go to all 3 realms and get it done also? That doesn't seem "Loyal". I have characters on all 3 realms, enjoy a change of pace once in a while, but folks have abused this realm hopping every few minutes depending on what a BG may be doing. The bonuses are a joke, one minute hibs have a 50%, mids have a 85% and albs have a 10%, folks start logging around because of a relic take and bam you have 100% mid bonus, 10% hib bonus and 10% alb bonus. Maybe just my rant, still have an active account for now. Thanks for reading my long post.
    Leoj line of characters Alb
    Follytrolly line of characters Hib
    Sitruc line of characters Mid
  • Leoj wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword How is this quest a loyalty to your realm? Realm timers ( I know BS doesn't want them back, but players do) do keep the folks from realm hopping in certain instances. Maybe this has been discussed somewhere else and I've not seen it. Just want a clarification that if we are calling something "Loyalty" that it actually is being "Loyal" to that realm. Can I go to all 3 realms and get it done also? That doesn't seem "Loyal". I have characters on all 3 realms, enjoy a change of pace once in a while, but folks have abused this realm hopping every few minutes depending on what a BG may be doing. The bonuses are a joke, one minute hibs have a 50%, mids have a 85% and albs have a 10%, folks start logging around because of a relic take and bam you have 100% mid bonus, 10% hib bonus and 10% alb bonus. Maybe just my rant, still have an active account for now. Thanks for reading my long post.

Too bad they couldn't put in a system where when you earn RPs on X realm you will receive a debuff in RP earning when you log over to the other realms. Maybe make the RP debuff last for about an hour or so.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Dont punish if someone is jumping on an different realm and enjoy playing on several realms. Maybe just reward staying on one realm (loyality bonus, climbing up and climbing down (not dropping to zero if you jump to an different realm))

• Take away their ability to receive kill credits for the daily RvR quests for an hour.
  • Wow this thread derailed to a realm timer, player hopping thread fast
  • I haven't met 1 person in the game that doesn't want realm timers back in . Make it 30 minutes that's pretty simple enough.

• Amen Badgor!!!
  • @Badgor well 100% of the players I play with are against it, I guess it is your opinion.
  • edited May 2019 PM
    66% of public stats are made up see what I did there
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Kelt fate was talking about you and all the other no skill stealth zergin trash. #removestealth2019
  • Whatever. lol
  • If you remove stealth I’ll just play my BM. Soloed some casters thinking I’m a NS. But, stealth still exists so we’ll keep zergin!!
  • Realm timer 1hr at least and you will see at least the pop climb back up. I still have my bot account open for now.
  • I’m okay with a realm timer 15 mins maybe 30 tops. During the weekdays only get a few hrs per day to play
  • edited May 2019 PM
    I think you should get bonus RPs for switching to the underpop realm.

I think you shouldn't get bonus RPs for staying on the same realm, you'll just end up with totally one sided zergs.

I think stealthers should lose RPs when they join a group that have other stealthers in it.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • 30 minute realm timer and I’ll CONSIDER not to stealth zerg!!
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    30 minute realm timer and I’ll CONSIDER not to stealth zerg!!

rvr realm timer imo .. go pve / housing all ya like
  • Shoke wrote: »

I think you shouldn't get bonus RPs for staying on the same realm, you'll just end up with totally one sided zergs.

I think stealthers should lose RPs when they join a group that have other stealthers in it.

I think you should lose 1 realm rank for leaving one realm during a relic take to join the other.
  • Shoke wrote: »

I think you should lose your privilege to post.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • On topic the quest is pretty useful. I was able to level up an alt and get then to CL15 with the 35 lesson and 50,000 BPS
  • You pretty much can get CL15 and ML10 on that scroll.
  • edited May 2019 PM
    @Impounded

How is that a logical answer? If I don't agree with you I shouldn't be posting?

I think switching to the underpop realm should give bonus RPs because in US prime (example), the population is so low that one group switching over to the underpop realm can rebalance action a lot. Zergs are mainly 2-3 fg now, so 1 fg switching has a big influence. Right now, there is no incentive to switch, other than to balance action. I can't tell for Euro time, but I'm pretty sure Hero faces no opposition at all.

If you have a bonus to RPs for not switching, then you aggravate that problem. People will stay on the top performing realm (to get their daily quests done) and eventually totally kill what's left of the game.

Not my problem if your zerg was never able to take relics. You had the numbers game night after night for a while (for like 2 years when there was no hib zerg and rescu wasn't leading). And relics are pretty much irrelevant now, as Hero will always recapture them by PVEing a couple keeps the next day.

This is off topic relative to the new daily quest.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • Reminder bump - this quest and rewards go away on the 18th! So get your toons done :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games