Broadsword : Give me the power of the Grantcredit

Hello guys,
Two days ago I lead a Curse raid in Albion

We had ~60 folks inside the BG

Again, Carol saved us at least 10 times thanks to her

When she did, it was because we needed to redo some steps because of LDs (or some people who didn't had credit)

It is very frustrating

Back in the days, we had the ability to credit for a step with /Grantcredit

It was something like /Bg grantcredit Fugo 6.1
I had to be close to 75% of the BG, to be the BG lead and it was avalaible only for 10 min

Why don't you add such a thing to the Curse set ?

/beg

Tagged:

Comments

• I second this. Curse on Albion is so horribly bugged I have not yet seen one clean bug-free run. Every single time some portion of the BG won't receive credit for an encounter (I'm not even talking LDs but people who are in the BG and participating don't get credit). Most of the mobs have a slow respawn and you end up redoing a step 2 or 3 times before everyone gets credit (or are forced to just leave the unlucky ones behind).
  • That would be great to add this.
  • I totally agree grantcredit system needs to be put in place. On Hib tonight we've had a lot of LD's and bugs for some players where we had to do encounters twice.
  • Completely agree with this.
  • To put in the ability to grant credit is sort of embarrassing though, isn't it?

It's like "hey, we can't get our PvE quest triggers to work reliably so here you go".
  • Budikah wrote: »
    To put in the ability to grant credit is sort of embarrassing though, isn't it?

It's like "hey, we can't get our PvE quest triggers to work reliably so here you go".

I don't see it as embarrassing at all. I look it as a QOL adjustment to the PVE side that would be a sound and popular decision.
  • Make it happen!
    Carol saved me tho yesterday. Chapter 10 Cursed boss was on ~7% and Daoc client went down. Couldnt go back to group after i logged in and my groupmates made the effort to search for Carol in every way they could. And she teleported me when the boss was at 2% left. If i wouldnt have got that credit i would prob just hit the coffin in the nail and closed all my accounts. Never ever have i went LD so many times then on a Cursed raid. And to bad they are "must have" items for me when i solo.

Never have problem outside Curse either!

So implement Grantcredit for GOD sake!
  • edited May 2018 PM
    If I was responsible, I'd be embarrassed.

Giving players the ability to grant quest credit to other players because...

- triggers aren't clear

- people for some reason LD constantly during PvE content

- when they LD the systems are setup in a way that might necessitate everybody dying or restarting the fight, rather than them being able to log in and rejoin and get credit - note, this also sucks when you DC during a siege defense and get insta ported out.

Maybe we have differing standards, but to me, that's all sort of sad. If you've got an old game with rough systems that can't be easily fixed then perhaps don't design things in such a way that you'll need to grant raid leaders the ability to pass out credit or have Carol have to come and save people over and over again on a seemingly regular basis?

I feel like DAoC is bizzaro world when it comes to designing things. It's like a strange Stockholm syndrome where things are accepted that largely wouldn't fly elsewhere... particularly since the game has a monthly fee and still has a price to buy, as of writing this at least.

I do work for people and construct things in my own real life work, and this wouldn't be something I'd be happy shipping out to a horde of paying customers. Don't get me wrong, do what needs to be done to smooth it over if it can't be fixed but you'd think somebody would have caught some of these issues in the design/planning phase or realizing that they're working with an old and finicky game, they'd come up with a list of "best practices" for working with what they've got.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • Budikah wrote: »
    I feel like DAoC is bizzaro world when it comes to designing things. It's like a strange Stockholm syndrome where things are accepted that largely wouldn't fly elsewhere... particularly since the game has a monthly fee and still has a price to buy, as of writing this at least.

The DAOC client has been free for years.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    It's been awhile and I'd previously owned them - do you not need to buy into DAoC anymore? Just the monthly sub?

I know the client itself was downloadable for free, but I had thought you still needed to buy and activate the game to your account.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • No, you can download the complete client including all expansion packs for free, and there is no need to activate the game to an account.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • No, you can download the complete client including all expansion packs for free, and there is no need to activate the game to an account.

Awesome, it's been quite a long time since I had to do any of that - when I reactivated years ago I remember needing to get Catacombs etc... been awhile. Sorry!

Hello Lea,
    Glad to see you on this thread,
    Do you think such an addition could be useful ? (I know you are not a dev but ... :P)

Fugo
  • Do I think /bg grantcredit would be useful? My opinion is yes, it would be useful in all kinds of encounters; but as you said yourself, I'm not a dev, so my opinion is just that - an opinion.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Yeah i know ! =)
  • I attended 3 curse raids so far. All in the last 7-8 days, all on hib. Not all were led by Solic..

The amount of lds was ok i Think...given it was 60- 120 in a Single Zone and the Raid takin a few hours. But its still annoying to have all others wait up for a single Person Crashing without any obvious reason.
    I had a few ctd's myself, about 1 per raid. Mostly during breaks or runs so i was lucky, others were not.

Some steps must be done twice bc ppl just cant get credit for no obvious reasons. having Salle up, wp equipped and even actively taking part in the enc (and getting flamed for being AFK still), while others even get credit as long as they are in the same Zone and being in their way. Certainly good for some, but still weird id say..

GMs helped a lot across these raids and im grateful for that, but this is no way working as intended and i believe they have other things to do than to monitor (call it babysit if u want) a few hours of Raid every week.

If i remember correctly there was a /grant credit or similar for ML-raids back in the day, so why not just give it a Revival?

• Agree give back the grantcredit. Buged one more time on alb this night for 20 people and leader left ......
  • /grantcredit would be very helpful for BG leaders. I fully support this.
  • This is pretty much needed for the curse raids. It's already time consuming enough, and if you miss out on credit on one of the last steps, good luck trying to catch a BG on that step without going through the whole raid with them .
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Not only would grant credit help but it would help us know if they completed it or not. Half of the time especially new and returning players have completed the encounter but don't know it or don't understand the format of the campaign. so that's another help if grant credit is added in and also less time consuming :)
    Post edited by Solicfear1 on
  • A lot of the important encounters do not even drop anyhting. So a way to re-pop / re-start them instant would be a move in the right direction. It would also help to be able to reset them when they are bugged (recently read about an Alb Grp at ch 9.2 that had to stop / Or an OW Group that had to stop at OW 6 cause it was bugged).
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • It resets though. OW6 isn't bugged the NPC gets aggro, kill the aggro and she'll return to normal for now. 9.2 also resets if you move out of the way, this is the same for ch8 and any of the ch9 encounters.

Not down playing the issues, working on them.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games