Why not let them back (Macro teams)

I'm growing more and more frustrated with this game as is others I see here in these forums the action is so slow at night which is our guilds prime rvr time. << I see Midgard has some dedicated guys who macro that help there realm with things they need with items / pl's etc. EVEN seen him trapping a tower in mid to give us action / defend when no other mids would come. Who knows why but it was Fun to say the least fighting em. Im talking about that Olfura/Pve Guy and Other teams I see. I feel like if the action is this slow and u got guys like that who actually are on near 12 hours a day just sitting in relic town waiting for things to do they should be allowed in RVR at least since the game is dying or require them to only run visi's or something IDC. I guess what im trying to say is if this is what the game is coming to us staying up to find nothing but 1 guys on a team trying to defend his realm. U can count me and the rest of us out. Because I'm DONE!.
  1. Should macro teams be allowed back in RVR?37 votes
    1. Yes
      32.43%
    2. No
      54.05%
    3. You Dont Care.
      13.51%

Comments

• I don't care. Bring back the free RPs if you want. Doesn't make a difference, imo. We need more players, not more bots.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Lol All the team post they wont let us in for a reason my dude. Ppl Abused it Back in 2010 when it wasn't allowed but "When there was a grey area" I totally agree with you on that if teams were restricted to only be able to roam Whilst Visible that would be a big change from how it was back in 2010. And a lot more fair for ppl who are solo etc. Because they would have a chance to get away and or figure out a game plan on how they will deal with the situation. I talked to a lot of guys recently who said they wouldn't care for teams to be let back in rvr as long as theres action even I just sit in the middle on that one. I agree with em just would like to see specific changed as to what kind of team u can run and would also like to see DAOC try harder for the customers that are still playing. Good luck with your post. ;)
  • It is situational and wouldn't be good for RvR.

90% of macro teams would just camp making several playstyles unplayable. Players would start stacking these macro teams in 1 spot e.g. 2-3 macro teams camping Trelle (because it is suddenly allowed)

10% of macro teams are more than competent to destory nearly all the roaming pugs.

There was a skald bd bd bd? 4 man team that didn't even macro running around bled for some months that got all sorts of QQ's - make it allowable and this sort of behavior would exponentialize.

Allowing macro teams isn't the answer, if anything blanket remove them - Even the PvE content currently doesn't require a macro team at all - outside of those macro-teamer than do it for 8x the reward$$$$

• tald wrote: »
    It is situational and wouldn't be good for RvR.

90% of macro teams would just camp making several playstyles unplayable. Players would start stacking these macro teams in 1 spot e.g. 2-3 macro teams camping Trelle (because it is suddenly allowed)

10% of macro teams are more than competent to destory nearly all the roaming pugs.

There was a skald bd bd bd? 4 man team that didn't even macro running around bled for some months that got all sorts of QQ's - make it allowable and this sort of behavior would exponentialize.

Allowing macro teams isn't the answer, if anything blanket remove them - Even the PvE content currently doesn't require a macro team at all - outside of those macro-teamer than do it for 8x the reward$$$$
    Agreed But The hib zergs still roaming could easily wipe them Like that guy who camps the towers gets wiped all the time EZ and I never see anyone complaining in chat about them near as much as they did back then. But yes What u say is 100% true that's why I agree with @olfura there needs to be rules or something to regulate em but just need rps in NF this is getting bad. :(
  • tald wrote: »
    Even the PvE content currently doesn't require a macro team at all - outside of those macro-teamer than do it for 8x the reward$$$$

Summoner’s Hall, DF?

Keep macro team in PvE only imo. Just to keep prices low on certain items.

Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • No. One character per person at a time. Bots are bad enough. In fact, they are and always have been an unfair advantage. Pay to win, in other words and that is why I primarily play in a bg. Traps and bombs are stupid enough when used by a group(s) of players.
  • Nogvi go to tower. Me stick fingers in tower holes. If smells like alb piggies or dirty hibbies, nogvi cast big boom booms. If smell nice like pillagerrrr nogvi goes inside and helpses friends with naughty spells cause we so sneaky. Nogvi like pillagerrrr sweet smells. Nogvi like lots of friends in tower holes.
    Asatruar - Ronnie 10 "
    Corpseshovel - Oldstanky - Nogvi

The reason people hate to PvP is they are afraid of failure
  • Nogvi smell like mushrooms. Nogvi need b-a-t-h.. in water .. with soap.

p3xc0p1we5sg.jpg
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !