Best Solo'r class?

Hiya! Before I make my first toon I wanted to know which realm/class I should play? I like soloing but haz no real skillz, I am interested in the zerging but wont be doing it a lot...Thinking maybe a shield class? but not a pure tank because I dont want to have to 100% depend on a healer cause what if im soloing which i will be 85% of the time? Im thinking of doing Midgard cause its like a Viking feel?

Comments

• Thank you for answering
  • Thanes are fun
  • A heavy tank for solo is not dependent on a healer in any way. You are gonna love 9 sec slam on a warrior, if you tried one.

Thane look fun yea and valk too, but I play a warrior solo from time to time, and it's a great class to solo on.
  • With the population dwindling, all classes are solo now lol
  • Sadly, Burk is right
  • I would not recommend Thane for solo if starting from scratch. Thanes are very realm rank dependent to be successful. If you go Thane, zerg to rr5 or so before you solo hardcore otherwise you will get very frustrated and shelve it before it has a chance to shine.

I would say Warrior or Valk if going solo from rr1. Both will be tough at that low of a rr but easier than Thane IMO.
  • For tank types of solo classes I would say warrior, thane, or valk for Mid are all solid choices. Pally is also super good on Albion. Hero on Hib is pretty good if played well.
  • Dueling or Soloing? Dueling, I would go warrior. Soloing, fighting multiples etc. Valk, Shadowblade, Hunter or SM on mid imo.
  • Reaver for Alb as well. (although as with Thane...RR truly brings them into their sweet spot and being a hybrid they are tougher to template)
  • Hell, just go Nightshade and be happy!!!
  • Also, if ya wanna group that shade a lil bit I know a couple guilds that’ll take you!
  • Bring On The Stealth Zerg Hate!!!
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    Bring On The Stealth Zerg Hate!!!

He will, eventually, when trying to solo ;)
  • There’s also the Merc too if you wanna go Alb
  • I’m kinda partial to the Great Tree or Norse snow lands.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    For tank types of solo classes I would say warrior, thane, or valk for Mid are all solid choices. Pally is also super good on Albion. Hero on Hib is pretty good if played well.

that excludes herorius .. the few times i was able to follow him after he ran away after a wipe of his bg and i cought him far enough away from the fight to make it an effective solo fight and i had purge up to clear his shield slam, i killed him. far lower RR heroes have given me far more issues in one vs one situations.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Mace80 wrote: »
    Reaver for Alb as well. (although as with Thane...RR truly brings them into their sweet spot and being a hybrid they are tougher to template)

in my experience, reavers are a very solid solo class. their combination of very high defences and magic damage and life leaching makes it very hard for me to beat any of them.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • edited February 2019 PM
    I would agree with Muylae. Reavers are one tough cookie and for that matter Valks when built right are as well.

Stealth war is another story. Currently Highlander Infils are just funny and so are Sylvan Rangers. I personally love my short eye patch wearing SB but that's just me...if Highlanders had a eye patch I would have rolled that.
    Post edited by Kymatius on
  • I love my reaver. At rr1 they will be tough but not as tough as a RR1 Warrior or maybe even Merc IMO. by RR5 I'll take the reaver over either of those two in a 1v1.
  • I made a Dwarf SB named Chubbysneaker, haven’t played him much only level 14 atm