Live Hot Fix Notes

We've got a few more fixes and notes for you on this fantastic friday! Once again, thank you all for the continued feedback and bug reports.

Developer's note:
  • We're currently aware of and plan to address the following issues during our next server downtime:
    • Death spam range unintentionally reduced.
    • Issues with Wardens applying the new pre-set helm patterns.
      • To alleviate any issues, Wardens are currently prevented from purchasing these helm patterns until then.
      • Normal or blank helm patterns will still work normally.
  • There's lots brewing for DAoC in 2019 and we can't wait to share the full details in the coming weeks!

Hot Fix Notes

World

Mithril Shop
  • Death Mask helm patterns are now for sale on the Mithril Merchant found in each realm’s capital city.

Items
  • The Glacial Shadowblade Axe now correctly procs the +Axe Weaponskill buff.

Molvik Dynamic Objectives
  • The Mercenary Captain, Quarrymaster, and Siegemaster can now only be attacked within melee range.
  • The duration in-between keep level upgrades and downgrades from owning the Quarry objective has been increased from 3 minutes to 5 minutes per keep level.
  • Mercenaries will now respawn as the appropriate realm.
  • The Siege Workshop's benefits have been improved as follows:
    • Ownership of this objective now also controls whether siege weapons can be placed inside the entire Molvik keep.
      • Whichever realm owns the keep will need to maintain ownership of the Siege Workshop objective if they wish to use siege anywhere within the keep.
        • For example: If Albion owns the keep and Midgard or Hibernia owns the Siege Workshop objective, siege weapons will not be able to be placed inside Molvik keep and any existing siege will be removed.
      • If the Siege Workshop is inactive, siege weapons can be placed normally.
      • The workshop still controls the sturdiness of Molvik keep's outer and inner gates in addition to this new siege-placement benefit.

Quests and Encounters
  • Albion's quest, A New Threat (Epic 7), step 2 now properly awards completion credit.
  • Midgard's quest, Tomte Dawn (Epic 3), step 3 now shows the correct [keyword] when speaking with Vidarl to progress the step.
  • Hibernia's quest, Finding the Keeper, now properly progresses when returning to Seneschal Desmond.
  • The quest, Unraveling: Infernal Investigation, now properly progesses on steps involving the Teleportation Stone.
  • The Belt of the Moon and Belt of the Sun encounters once again spawn properly.
  • The Belt of the Moon encounter now correctly awards the level 10 artifact turn-in quest upon completion.
  • The Winged Helm encounter now correctly awards the level 10 artifact turn-in quest upon completion.
  • The Staff of the Gods encounter can once again be completed.

Client
  • Fixed some recipe names and typos in the Spellcrafting tradeskill window.
    • Please note players currently in-game will need to log out and run their patcher to see this update.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• What about the Molvik quests not awarding credit since it went live?
  • Fateboi wrote: »
    What about the Molvik quests not awarding credit since it went live?

I'll check on that. Thanks Fateboi!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Taking about masks to purchase is putting a bandaid on a game (cadaver) this is in full on a rigor mortis.
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    Taking about masks to purchase is putting a bandaid on a game (cadaver) this is in full on a rigor mortis.

Don't worry Clumsy- we shouldn't run into anything that would make you post your gonna quit tonight.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • New alchemy recipe. Draught of embalming fluid
  • the cheater throws her two cents in why?
    the cheater throws her two cents in why?

No competition tonight.. just the way you like it :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• As soon as the db reduction went live there where numerous posts about it both on PC and here. That's the point to start looking for what caused it. Why are we just announcing that NOW it's being 'looked at' meaning exactly what, who, like what's the deal.
    As soon as the db reduction went live there where numerous posts about it both on PC and here. That's the point to start looking for what caused it. Why are we just announcing that NOW it's being 'looked at' meaning exactly what, who, like what's the deal.

I posted previously that it we were aware of the issue and it would be addressed, however it requires downtime which we try keep to a minimum.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Well Carol, it might help your transparacy issue if you guys use this official board with a sticky post on what actually beeing worked on and status.
    Much like https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bRDqMP5ie9x90yirT383mxZSAt58kDXX1smfqQOZshM/edit#gid=891052568 once were used.
    users can report in same post and when its added to sticky by mod just delete post to keep thread alive.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Yeah I'd like to do something like that, been looking into various ways to make it easy report/test/track and such. Never thought of doing a simple thread for it, sometimes the easiest ways are never thought of :D
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Nice to see a few repairs, now and then. Thanks.
    What about the Molvik quests not awarding credit since it went live?

Yeah these should be ok also @Fateboi but if anyone notices anything please do ding me on it, thanks!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Clumsy wrote: »

call someone a cheater and they raise there hand nice job
    Natebruner wrote: »

Weren't you going to quit because you couldn't handle the repeated losses from Albion?

Weren't you going to quit because you couldn't handle the repeated losses from Albion?

I was going to quit but after that keyboard turn was soo entertaining ill stick around a little longer :P #AMPKEYBOARD
  • Also a lastname!! lol
  • Lol Clumsy...it was pretty sad but the last name is just awesome.
  • We've got a few more fixes and notes for you on this fantastic friday! Once again, thank you all for the continued feedback and bug reports.

Developer's note:
    • We're currently aware of and plan to address the following issues during our next server downtime:
      • Death spam range unintentionally reduced.
      • Issues with Wardens applying the new pre-set helm patterns.
        • To alleviate any issues, Wardens are currently prevented from purchasing these helm patterns until then.
        • Normal or blank helm patterns will still work normally.
    • There's lots brewing for DAoC in 2019 and we can't wait to share the full details in the coming weeks!

Hot Fix Notes

World

Mithril Shop
    • Death Mask helm patterns are now for sale on the Mithril Merchant found in each realm’s capital city.

Items
    • The Glacial Shadowblade Axe now correctly procs the +Axe Weaponskill buff.

Molvik Dynamic Objectives
    • The Mercenary Captain, Quarrymaster, and Siegemaster can now only be attacked within melee range.
    • The duration in-between keep level upgrades and downgrades from owning the Quarry objective has been increased from 3 minutes to 5 minutes per keep level.
    • Mercenaries will now respawn as the appropriate realm.
    • The Siege Workshop's benefits have been improved as follows:
      • Ownership of this objective now also controls whether siege weapons can be placed inside the entire Molvik keep.
        • Whichever realm owns the keep will need to maintain ownership of the Siege Workshop objective if they wish to use siege anywhere within the keep.
          • For example: If Albion owns the keep and Midgard or Hibernia owns the Siege Workshop objective, siege weapons will not be able to be placed inside Molvik keep and any existing siege will be removed.
        • If the Siege Workshop is inactive, siege weapons can be placed normally.
        • The workshop still controls the sturdiness of Molvik keep's outer and inner gates in addition to this new siege-placement benefit.

Quests and Encounters
    • Albion's quest, A New Threat (Epic 7), step 2 now properly awards completion credit.
    • Midgard's quest, Tomte Dawn (Epic 3), step 3 now shows the correct [keyword] when speaking with Vidarl to progress the step.
    • Hibernia's quest, Finding the Keeper, now properly progresses when returning to Seneschal Desmond.
    • The quest, Unraveling: Infernal Investigation, now properly progesses on steps involving the Teleportation Stone.
    • The Belt of the Moon and Belt of the Sun encounters once again spawn properly.
    • The Belt of the Moon encounter now correctly awards the level 10 artifact turn-in quest upon completion.
    • The Winged Helm encounter now correctly awards the level 10 artifact turn-in quest upon completion.
    • The Staff of the Gods encounter can once again be completed.

Client
    • Fixed some recipe names and typos in the Spellcrafting tradeskill window.
      • Please note players currently in-game will need to log out and run their patcher to see this update.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!

have the molvik dynamic siege pieces actually been tested? I'd hate to re-up just to post another bug report and get moderated for frustration.

the clumsy video has surfaced Amp ! lol
    HERORIUS

• Total awesome patch notes!!! Wait.. a minute nothing I repeat nothing that's worth reupping for and nothing said about future worth looking forward to.

This seriously is the best you can give us?
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • I just cancelled again myself. 6 month sub renews in 2 weeks and it’s just not worth it. I’d rather play nothing or dabble on a free game to get my fix
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Boduke wrote: »
    Total awesome patch notes!!! Wait.. a minute nothing I repeat nothing that's worth reupping for and nothing said about future worth looking forward to.

Because you already know their future plans as they have stated them numerous times in previous posts. These are just what they are ready to push out as of now. Quit expecting the game to be fixed in a single patch. That's not how it will ever work. You are just b*tching to do it at this point.

Everyone wants the game to be in a better state. But slapping them as soon as they publicly say they are going to make some slight adjustments and bug fixes (Which you dorks always ask for) is NOT how you help improve the game.
    Post edited by Impounded on
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • @impounded yadda yadda white knight, you can patiently wait til they decide to do something with the population of 300.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • If that makes me a white knight I guess I will have to bear that title.

Either way my point stands and is true. You and I both want the same thing. Why not go about it the proper way and have better results. If you feel a way and want to show it by leaving feel free, I won't try and stop you. But don't hound them for posting upcoming changes. Transparency is what we want..

>Daoc Videos<
  • edited January 2019 PM
    The game is playable. Whether or not it's worth $15 per month is up to you.

I welcome the bug fixes, especially ahead of EC. While Broadsword appears to be moving slow, I don't know how much of a time sink it is to work through the game code.

I still would like to see announcements regarding the status of upcoming content more frequently.

Edit: A community spreadsheet or post for bugs would be great.
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • If they were transparent, I wouldn't need to hound them would I? And proper way for results would be? Because nice or nasty posts they aren't giving anymore or less info due to either option. But I do feel a bit better with 2nd option. I have left my sub is down and will remain so til they offer something that is worth a sub fee.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • Boduke wrote: »
    If they were transparent, I wouldn't need to hound them would I? And proper way for results would be? Because nice or nasty posts they aren't giving anymore or less info due to either option. But I do feel a bit better with 2nd option. I have left my sub is down and will remain so til they offer something that is worth a sub fee.

Except they are by telling you the changes they have ready to be implemented. Whether you agree with that or not.

If you want the future plans for upcoming Patches they have shared those in previous posts/grab bags. I agree the info is very spread out and disorganized. But it's out there none the less.

I don't see why you would expect them to tell future plans in a Hot Fix post... Look I get it you're irritated and done with the games current state. But you are in the wrong and know it.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Boduke wrote: »
    Total awesome patch notes!!! Wait.. a minute nothing I repeat nothing that's worth reupping for and nothing said about future worth looking forward to.

Because you already know their future plans as they have stated them numerous times in previous posts. These are just what they are ready to push out as of now. Quit expecting the game to be fixed in a single patch. That's not how it will ever work. You are just b*tching to do it at this point.

Everyone wants the game to be in a better state. But slapping them as soon as they publicly say they are going to make some slight adjustments and bug fixes (Which you dorks always ask for) is NOT how you help improve the game.

I like both @Impounded and @Boduke but I have to agree with Impounded on this one. This is a quick fix patch note. It is not meant to be something game changing. I understand Boduke's complaints, but it will take time to make the changes that he is referring to (the kind that are game changing).