PLAT---POPULATION-- IRC------- Need some quick changes.

edited January 2019 in General Board
Plat, Population and IRC- I'm seeing less of all 3 in the game currently on live.

The guy who spams about plat in relic towns- if you look closely is now spamming the opposite of what he used to.
It's gotten to where he doesn't spam at all anymore here lately.

The IRC groups who used to defend CKs.. I don't see them anymore.

The population is becoming lower.

The things that we ban people for you will wish you had people willing to do. We need to open the door for macro groups not because I run a professional 8 man team b/c I don't. We need more people to rvr and kill.

Macro teams make the game fun- and bs makes money off this. People like macro teams when asked and most of the time they are free rps.

You are running out of time............and people

Post edited by Natebruner on
"I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781

Comments

• I suppose you feel that drop since Jan 12?
  • There is a reason for this...
  • wow who would have thought.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    I suppose you feel that drop since Jan 12?

we need to offer something that this other place does not.
    They don't allow macro groups- which is a lot of fun. There is aspect of macro groups that any solo player feels he can kill no matter the odds or what bg is on. It makes for a lot of fun !
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Natebruner wrote: »
    Shoke wrote: »
    I suppose you feel that drop since Jan 12?

we need to offer something that this other place does not.
    They don't allow macro groups- which is a lot of fun. There is aspect of macro groups that any solo player feels he can kill no matter the odds or what bg is on. It makes for a lot of fun !

I 100% agree that something needs to be done. I'm not sure macro teams are the answer, but if it brought people back then....

Also, the plat situation is absolutely ridiculous. Sell plat tokens ffs.

What happened to the pop? Seems like a mass exodus in the past week. I logged on at 11PM cst last night and there were about 60 on mid!
    CATACUSX/Einherjarl - ASATRUAR
  • I’m going with Broadsword need to make this a RVR game again instead of this PVE for BP and RPs. They say the competition won’t last but if they drag even 1/4 of our population away this will send DAOC Live into a downward spiral that they may not recover from. But if the competition fails and people get the taste for real RVR it may help the population. It is a slippery slope in which Broadsword finds itself.
  • The plat problem has existed for years now and no fix, even let alone a mention from BS to remedy this, all they have to do is let them stack and be added to house vaults. The 'Venerable Elder' title only given to US accounts and the promise that EU accounts would be 'fixed to show this' is 8 years old show what a mess BS make of things. Capital city crash bugs still exist, random LD crash still exist, realm imbalances still exist but heck we can vote on three new masks weeeeeeeeee.
    Demmpsey - Animist
    Demmps - Vampiir
    Mimins - Bard
    Dempseas - Warden
    Dempsee - Hero
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Nope ya can't catdogchicken that got closed [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited January 2019 PM
    Boduke wrote: »
    Nope ya can't catdogchicken that got closed [ToS]

Lol punishing the playerbase, WTG BS
    Post edited by Midithir on
    Demmpsey - Animist
    Demmps - Vampiir
    Mimins - Bard
    Dempseas - Warden
    Dempsee - Hero
  • I've offered a solution that just might help with numbers. As I've stated this brings much excitement to the game.
    The days of such and such macro team is inside that ck/tower.... were fun times !

HERORIUS

• That does nothing for population
  • You mean like someone grabbing the relic and holding it hostage so no one can get credit and then people saying bump this game if they don’t do anything to those kinda people help?
  • Sorry nate I disagree and you shouldn't want to increase their income at all without doing positive changes to the game that bring real players back. Allowing macro groups in rvr give the illusion of a healthier game shows 400 online but is same 50 people as before just all running macro groups.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited January 2019 PM
    I’ll be back when ghost keeps comes back or caeladonia or something that sparks my interest. I am closing 10 accounts today until something other than “skin” changes happen

Why keep my macro group going if it’s almost pointless to farm. Bring back the merchants ffs
    Post edited by Quickcheck on
  • The merchants been missing and why?
  • Helgha wrote: »
    You mean like someone grabbing the relic and holding it hostage so no one can get credit and then people saying bump this game if they don’t do anything to those kinda people help?

What do you consider giving the relic to enemy realms ?
    HERORIUS

I've offered a solution that just might help with numbers. As I've stated this brings much excitement to the game.
    The days of such and such macro team is inside that ck/tower.... were fun times !

I don't see how you arrive to the conclusion that allowing macro groups in RVR will better the population. I don't ever recall a mass exodus of players when they banned macro groups from participating in open RVR areas. In fact I recall quite the opposite where many players expressed extreme dissatisfaction with macro groups in RVR, after all that is what lead to them being banned in the first place.

Likely your suggestion is motivated by a personal agenda you wish to have fulfilled regardless of the health or damage it might inflict upon the current player population. If the concern is BS' income, there are plenty of other things they could do besides allowing macro groups back into open area RVR zones.
  • Sovereign wrote: »
    Natebruner wrote: »
    I've offered a solution that just might help with numbers. As I've stated this brings much excitement to the game.

I don't see how you arrive to the conclusion that allowing macro groups in RVR will better the population. I don't ever recall a mass exodus of players when they banned macro groups from participating in open RVR areas. In fact I recall quite the opposite where many players expressed extreme dissatisfaction with macro groups in RVR, after all that is what lead to them being banned in the first place.

Likely your suggestion is motivated by a personal agenda you wish to have fulfilled regardless of the health or damage it might inflict upon the current player population. If the concern is BS' income, there are plenty of other things they could do besides allowing macro groups back into open area RVR zones.

Or we could follow your path and quit the game.
    HERORIUS

• BS had their chance, it wasn’t taken, reap what you sow.
    Sovereign wrote: »

I'm sure if you chose that path you'd find little resistance. However, not going down the road of derailment you can't help to lay, I await further elaboration to your assertion that allowing macro groups into RVR will help the current state of the game.

I'm sure if you chose that path you'd find little resistance. However, not going down the road of derailment you can't help to lay, I await further elaboration to your assertion that allowing macro groups into RVR will help the current state of the game.

You quit the game and want to give advice?
    HERORIUS

I'm not giving advice, I'm engaging in a conversation. I'm not sure what you are doing other than attempting to have the last word.

I'm not giving advice, I'm engaging in a conversation. I'm not sure what you are doing other than attempting to have the last word.

I'm not interested in a conversation of quitting the game like you have. I'm offering ideas to save it.
    HERORIUS

I'm not interested in a conversation of quitting the game like you have. I'm offering ideas to save it.

Again, I'm not advising anyone of anything you're simply trying to obfuscate my request for you to explain your position mostly likely because my assertion of your motives behind your suggestion ring true. Again, other than personal benefit/motive what logical reason do you have for concluding allowing macro groups back into RVR will benefit the current player base especially when their harm to a, at the time, larger player base was the reason for their removal from RVR?

Again, I'm not advising anyone of anything you're simply trying to obfuscate my request for you to explain your position mostly likely because my assertion of your motives behind your suggestion ring true. Again, other than personal benefit/motive what logical reason do you have for concluding allowing macro groups back into RVR will benefit the current player base especially when their harm to a, at the time, larger player base was the reason for their removal from RVR?

So you quit the game and claim my idea will not work. That's cool but besides quitting like yourself, do you have better idea ?
    HERORIUS

So you quit the game and claim my idea will not work. That's cool but besides quitting like yourself, do you have better idea ?

My having quit the game and your idea not working aren't mutually exclusive. Even if I was actively playing, I still doubt your idea would provide any benefit. I'm giving you ample opportunity to fully flush out your idea yet you're actively avoiding it which leads me to believe it's nothing more than you wanting to play a macro group in RVR.

My having quit the game and your idea not working aren't mutually exclusive. Even if I was actively playing, I still doubt your idea would provide any benefit. I'm giving you ample opportunity to fully flush out your idea yet you're actively avoiding it which leads me to believe it's nothing more than you wanting to play a macro group in RVR.

So instead of quitting what idea would you suggest to those still wanting to play Daoc ?
    HERORIUS

• That's a cute PM Nate but I have no interest in carrying on a private conversation with you. I'm satisfied with the public discourse as it is.
  • edited January 2019 PM
    That's a cute PM Nate but I have no interest in carrying on a private conversation with you. I'm satisfied with the public discourse as it is.

I believe they fixed the rogue that made you quit. Do you not offer any ideas ? Or do you suggest everyone go the route of quitting ?

kOZ3umW.jpg
    HERORIUS

So instead of quitting what idea would you suggest to those still wanting to play Daoc ?

Realm timers in the form of a realm loyalty program seems a place where there's room to work. Of course since BS is focusing on it's free account model it would have to wait until after that since the free model is undoubtedly going have to be adjusted based off of feedback.

Realm timers in the form of a realm loyalty program seems a place where there's room to work. Of course since BS is focusing on it's free account model it would have to wait until after that since the free model is undoubtedly going have to be adjusted based off of feedback.

BS wants to stay away from REALM Timers. They want no part of this.
    HERORIUS

• edited January 2019 PM
    That's a cute PM Nate but I have no interest in carrying on a private conversation with you. I'm satisfied with the public discourse as it is.

I believe they fixed the rogue that made you quit. Do you not offer any ideas ? Or do you suggest everyone go the route of quitting ?

If only the lottery numbers were as predictable as you. I can log my toon back in at any time, can you say the same?
    Post edited by Sovereign on

If only the lottery numbers were as predictable as you. I can log my toon back in at any time, can you say the same?

I thought you quit ? You pay to not play ?
    HERORIUS

Hence why I said, "in the form of a realm loyalty program". There are ways to accomplish what realm timers would do without resorting to an actual realm timer.
  • edited January 2019 PM

Hence why I said, "in the form of a realm loyalty program". There are ways to accomplish what realm timers would do without resorting to an actual realm timer.

We already have bonus rps… more rps are not the issue. WE NEED MORE PLAYERS
    REALM LOYALTY does not CREATE MORE PLAYERS

Macro teams are exciting and make for great videos. It's attracting vs the other place that is pulling #"s away
    HERORIUS

See players whose accounts aren't banned have the option to resubscribe. I know this isn't an option for most of your accounts but you've purchased enough to know how the system works.

See players whose accounts aren't banned have the option to resubscribe. I know this isn't an option for most of your accounts but you've purchased enough to know how the system works.

Well if I can get you to subscribe I've done some good. Nobody wins by quitting
    HERORIUS

Macro teams are exciting and make for great videos. It's attracting vs the other place that is pulling #"s away

You do realize that the way the current bonuses work aren't set in stone, they can be changed?

You do realize that the way the current bonuses work aren't set in stone, they can be changed?

And this brings back players how ?
    HERORIUS

• Somebody bring some ideas to the table. Don't like macros- that's cool.

But those out there who haven't quit.. do you have ideas?
    HERORIUS

Well now let's think, the overall idea is to use bonuses and realm loyalty to stabilize the realm populations. When there's more tri-realm participation, that leads to a healthier community. Community is what increases overall population. How exactly is that achieve, that is open to discussion as I'm sure other players have thoughts on the details.

Anyways, this was just an off the cuff answer to your question you posed to me in an effort to shy away from your lack of explanation on your stance. As you are correct in your parroting that I indeed have quit, it's not incumbent on me to solve this game's population crisis. However, if ever, it gets addressed I'm confident macro groups are not the answer.

Hopefully this discussion will cease your love-tells to me because quite frankly it sickens me.
  • Fairly easy to figure out where the pop is currently playing myself included.

GL

Well now let's think, the overall idea is to use bonuses and realm loyalty to stabilize the realm populations. When there's more tri-realm participation, that leads to a healthier community. Community is what increases overall population. How exactly is that achieve, that is open to discussion as I'm sure other players have thoughts on the details.

Anyways, this was just an off the cuff answer to your question you posed to me in an effort to shy away from your lack of explanation on your stance. As you are correct in your parroting that I indeed have quit, it's not incumbent on me to solve this game's population crisis. However, if ever, it gets addressed I'm confident macro groups are not the answer.

Hopefully this discussion will cease your love-tells to me because quite frankly it sickens me.

Thanks for your opinion. But I prefer opinions of those who haven't quit now. Carry on
    HERORIUS

• edited January 2019 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »
    Fairly easy to figure out where the pop is currently playing myself included.

GL

I know .. I know.. $32 a month is mostly what you are talking about. Money is not a concern to many of us who love the game.
    HERORIUS

Thanks for your opinion. But I prefer opinions of those who haven't quit now. Carry on

To each their own. For example, I personally don't put much stock in the opinions or requests of individuals constantly banned for violations. In the end BS get's to decide. B)

To each their own. For example, I personally don't put much stock in the opinions or requests of individuals constantly banned for violations. In the end BS get's to decide. B)

Yes I didn't put my stock in your opinion either. But it's not for your following Rescu into death at the bold spire over and over till you quit that scares me... it's that there is very very few albs left for him to do this to.

This is a problem
    HERORIUS

• I see a problem and it certainly is not what is decribed in the above post.
  • Jak wrote: »
    I see a problem and it certainly is not what is decribed in the above post.

There were no problems in Albion when I lead the bg... well maybe in mid but not in albion.
    HERORIUS

Jak wrote: »

There were no problems in Albion when I lead the bg... well maybe in mid but not in albion.

Please stay on topic. Your failure as a zerg leader due to your own ego is not the subject of this thread.
    Jak wrote: »

Please stay on topic. Your failure as a zerg leader due to your own ego is not the subject of this thread.

Actually every week that goes by proves my point even further. I left because Rescu thought he could do what I was doing. It's not going very well..... But you wouldn't know that because you quit right :)
    HERORIUS

This discussion has been closed.