Scatobotalb

So how many people need to /appeal this guy who is a lvl 1 player that hops in and out of BGs all night to get numbers and locations on BG member before the account is banned? Just curious so I can keep living my life.

Comments

• Also same guy Scatobotmid does the same thing. It's one of the hibs feeding intel to their BG. Been having to private the BG as of late to keep em out. Pretty cheesy move considering all they have to do is defend keeps all night ;)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • We experience the same thing on Hib btw.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Well I stand corrected it's for an even dumber reason that I thought... Don't see the purpose of someone joining all three realms repeatedly to check location.
    I can't imagine an 8m going through that much trouble to keep tabs on the BGs.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • I recall a particular player asking for verification if this was allowed so I wouldn't put it passed people to do this.

Even so, I think it has little effect on BG play since none of the BG leaders appear to utilize this information to its potential. Hib has a lot of 8mans runnning around during US prime so keeping tabs on either Mid or Alb BGs isn't difficult. The occasional stealth zerg helps too.

/shrug

I don't let it bother me.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Easiest solution would be to add a ban command to BGs. However I think whatever we do, spies will exist, it's a 18 year old problem. It's even possible to spy on Voice chats, so just be careful who you tell wheres the BG at, better use PM for that.

To be fair, the best intel so far any realm gets all the time, is their stealthers reporting from various locations who happened to meet the BG, so reporting on loc and numbers is fairly accurate.
  • Appeals do get monitored, so please keep reporting in-game if you think someone is breaking the rules of conduct.
    Daoc Moderator
    Main Forums

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<
This discussion has been closed.