Items that exist in-game that do not work, and Broadsword's way of handling it (Edited)

edited December 2018 in General Board
Recently bought a RoG shield with bonus level of 51. For those who are wondering, nobody in this game can ever use the stats on this shield. I understand that it's my mistake, I should have looked at the bonus level (I guess? Even thought lvl 50 is end game I should trust a company to not have things available that are not usable, but whatever lets continue...). So why does it exist in the first place? I've appealed it and given a generic response via email (aka no in-game response) saying that they can't help me.

Bottom line, it's pathetic that @Broadsword is unable to handle their own mistakes. All I asked was for the shield to be fixed to lvl 50 usable, or to be reimbursed for the plat spent (10p, not breaking the bank, but it's the principle of the matter). So far no attempt has been made to make things right.

As a business owner, and from a business perspective, you do everything you can to make things right with a customer. Sometimes it's not your fault, but you do it anyways because it might give you a good review or help you down the line... Other times, it's because you f*ck up, and you own up to it and make it right to the customer.

This example, albeit very small, is a perfect example of a company who takes your money, and gives your horrible service in return

I just wanted to share with everyone...

Customer service 1/10 would not recommend

@Carol_Broadsword @John_Broadsword
Post edited by Amadeus on

Comments

• There is a "invisible" Level 51 which is achieved upon reaching Realm Rank 5.

This just for info =)
  • @Igluna I am rr5+ and this lvl 51 shield still does not give the stats/bonuses. I wouldn't be upset if they resolved the issue, but the fact that they ignore it is what makes this sad
  • Take a look if it is from another realm... there were items in the game with some random awesome stats from the time where the realms had access to the other realms dungeons... or from a battle in Marfach...

I once had an Item that was aweseome but not working... well it was a small shield I got in Hib, but it was for Mid.
    I think I picked it up in Marfach on a raid once... really high buff bonus, nice for a switch in.
  • This shield does not say specific realm. Even if it did, @Broadsword should have made that a point when they addressed me so poorly via email
  • Well reimbursing was even while in europe Mythic was the DAoC company not done, because a gm would need to watch you destroy the item etcpp...

I would really say "tough luck" ... and sorry for that.

But I certainly wouldn't make a wind like this for such a small problem...

If my char was naked at login or porting, and then they would say "shrug" yes I think then I would hoot out as well... but for one unusable item...

You could try to contact the seller... which surely had known it is unusable but would try to sell it.
  • Igluna wrote: »
    Well reimbursing was even while in europe Mythic was the DAoC company not done, because a gm would need to watch you destroy the item etcpp...

I would really say "tough luck" ... and sorry for that.

But I certainly wouldn't make a wind like this for such a small problem...

If my char was naked at login or porting, and then they would say "shrug" yes I think then I would hoot out as well... but for one unusable item...

You could try to contact the seller... which surely had known it is unusable but would try to sell it.

None of those scenarios should even exist though... Tell me why a level 51 unusable item should even exist in this game? And on top of that have customer support not even acknowledge the issue, but rather give you a generic email in which they handle every situation? It's terrible business
  • edited December 2018 PM
    The Epic armor always was level 51. you would get the full bonus only at reaching rr5.

So this is not a point...

Dragon Loot also 51, etcpp...

You would need to ask someone from Mythic who developed that around 17 years ago...
    Post edited by Igluna on
  • edited January 2019 PM
    [ToS]
    Post edited by Midithir on