Wardens Blunt wep line.

Does anyone else think the endo usage on Forest Protector and Executioner to high? @Broadsword can we get this line adjusted just a little to make it more attractive or have some new Blunt weps added to make it worth while?

Comments

• Endo usage on blade abs debuff is also too high basically as a warden youre boxed into a healer who can back stun and side blade snare
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Yes, they are to high. With self Endo 4, 3 Endo from myth, 30% redux you can only get one 4 style chain off I the blade line.

Blunt line needs the healing of target debuff changed to healing on target. Executioner style should have more damage.
  • People actually spec in a weapon line on a warden? When I've chosen to fight on mine I always used battlemaster styles. So I guess endo usage has always sucked for me.That first sentence was an actual question, not a snide remark.
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    Yes, they are to high. With self Endo 4, 3 Endo from myth, 30% redux you can only get one 4 style chain off I the blade line.

Blunt line needs the healing of target debuff changed to healing on target. Executioner style should have more damage.

I prefer Forest Protector and Forest Executioner the way they are. Mitigating the healing ability of your enemy is crucial as a Warden, as the Warden damage output is a bit low. My melee Warden does not usually have any issues with endo, unless I am being endo sapped.

I would not mind slightly higher dps from the Warden, but since it is a hybrid/heal class, I am mostly content with how it performs.
  • Only place where inhibiting healing of your target would be when you solo.

Out of the 2 wardens that might actually solo I highly doubt any are Spec blunt.

Having the ability to debuff healing on your target would be SOOOO much better for a warden on an assist train.

As far as Endo usage without any Endo Redux, stone breaker takes roughly 70% of your endurance.

With 42+ nurture this should be manageable, However anything less is only able to get 1 chain off. The question is, with a 4 style chain is this limitation really necessary?
  • My main concern is that currently Blunt wep line has absolutely nothing going for it. Blades offers superior styles and beyond superior weapons. Broadsword really needs to visit weapon itemization for a few classes... Warden being at the top of that list. This only becomes necessary when playing Battlewarden.

Currently no true reason to spec higher in blunt then 39 for the ASR and Blades only need to go to 40 for an amazing array of styles and off block bleed.
  • I do actually play a battle warden, blunt spec, mostly solo or duo with a bard. Even at RR5, I still do pretty good vs other solo's that are RR10+. The fights are never quick and easy, rather long and drawn out, but quite fun...even when I lose. BTW, I did spec 45 Nurture for the red bubble, and 39 Blunt.

The CL15 melee based hammer is decent, and has a wep skill buff. I would not mind seeing a better secondary hammer as I am just using the Azure Crusher, mostly for the heal proc on it, which is actually pretty nice when Forest Protector 50% heal bonus is up.
  • Seriously, wardens = sheer stupid long fights ffs
  • @Zadrie what heal proc on Azure Crusher? The heal buff from Blunt only affects casted heals unless it was ninja changed in the last 24 hours. I wish Him got a healer hammer similar to Goles Tooth.
  • Kymatius wrote: »
    @Zadrie what heal proc on Azure Crusher? The heal buff from Blunt only affects casted heals unless it was ninja changed in the last 24 hours. I wish Him got a healer hammer similar to Goles Tooth.

Sorry, it is an omni-drain, not an actual heal proc on Azure Crusher. I had to double check it, and the heal buff does not effect the weapon proc, but it does effect the casted offensive proc.

Been a minute since I last played the Warden >.<
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Try 40 blades, you won't go back to blunt.

Your BM/regular styles will hit for 350ish and if you can get a stone breaker off, it will hit for 450+ (after the debuff)

Hell I bet even your Bard buddy would hit for 150+ without any weapon spec lol

Who cares if your procs heals for an extra 50 if you can actually do damage

Not to mention the better weapon selection
    Post edited by Abattoir on
  • edited December 2018 PM
    I know it is not a direct apples to apples comparison, but I do have a 49 Warden in CV that is speced 40 Blades. I find I like the survivability of Blunt over Blades. I also don't really like the resist rate on the ABS debuff. When my 50 Warden was in CV, only a small number of toons could beat her. It seems I have more trouble now beating the same toon types. Both Wardens were wearing the identical templates in CV.

I do have to admit that I love the enemy player frustration in not being able to put me down in the 15-20 seconds of a fight...or even in the first minute, or five... :D

Oh, and my offensive heal proc heals for 2x with my heal buff up, and the omni-heal pots heal for over 500 hp.
    Post edited by Zadrie on