@Rescue

Thanks for coming out and fighting finals week for me this week. Hopefully, we can get some good fights this weekend. Ethel Rosenberg is back in Mid with his band of misfits good for you not good for us :(
Tagged:

Comments

• I'm here to stop you from cancelling! I'm not on my heretic making "tanks impossible to play"
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Funny how as soon as Alb Nation took a break the OP Heretic threads suddenly stopped. Correlation?

Eager to fight now lol
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• I think it has a lot more to do with the nerfing of the snare duration that occurred at the same time as “alb nation” leaving alb
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    I think it has a lot more to do with the nerfing of the snare duration that occurred at the same time as “alb nation” leaving alb

True, I forgot they put the timer back to pre-patch levels.
  • mids cried
    bs listened :/
  • Tics were over the top

Mids just observed and reported the obvious
  • I am

----------------------

Groot
    Tics were over the top

Welllll to be fair, according to the limited data that was available between 1.125 and re-nerfing the snare duration Heretics were actually nearly on par with RM's/Thanes (very slightly behind). Prior to 1.125 the gap was tremendous. What people saw as OP and FOTM in Heretics was actually them "catching up" to the position that Thanes and RM's were in.

Unfortunately the barking from the other side of the fence was potent enough to revert the snare duration back to pre-patch levels.

Following this reversal and Alb Nation's hiatus, Heretics aren't even mentioned anymore (mission accomplished).
  • Limited data based on rps does mean the snare wasn’t ridiculous. Perhaps more tanks decided to play their casters, as being perma locked down due to long duration snare and 100 st’s made playing a tank impossible. I know I stopped playing my melee and played my runie more to help combat tics
  • No worries- I'm here to save Midgard.

*no more relic abandonment allowed
    HERORIUS

• how long was/is the tic snare on a det9 tank ?
  • TOO LONG TO PLAY DAOC WITH !
    HERORIUS

• Clumsy please stop with these comments I’m nearly having a heart attack here because I’m laughing so much seriously Ethel Rosenberg OMG I need to sit down this is funny **** seriously stop David k ha ha lol stop
    Tics were over the top

Welllll to be fair, according to the limited data that was available between 1.125 and re-nerfing the snare duration Heretics were actually nearly on par with RM's/Thanes (very slightly behind). Prior to 1.125 the gap was tremendous. What people saw as OP and FOTM in Heretics was actually them "catching up" to the position that Thanes and RM's were in.

Unfortunately the barking from the other side of the fence was potent enough to revert the snare duration back to pre-patch levels.

Following this reversal and Alb Nation's hiatus, Heretics aren't even mentioned anymore (mission accomplished).

try dueling an equal RR heretic on your armsman (oh wait armsmen suck according to you) and see how bad they are ... they became way better than what they were even after the snare reduction.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • They could have tried a 5 or 4 second snare instead of just reverting the change.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Tics were over the top

try dueling an equal RR heretic on your armsman (oh wait armsmen suck according to you) and see how bad they are ... they became way better than what they were even after the snare reduction.

I've dueled plenty of heretics, of various skill and RA specs including PD9 heretanks, But dueling a heretic 1v1 has NOTHING to do with heretic capability in a zerg. Also I never once stated Armsmen suck, I stated, with support, that they are in a worse position now then 4 years ago and are the worst of the three heavy tanks, both of which are facts.

I could beat an equal RR heretic 50% of the time if you really care to know although it's irrelevant.

What you're stating has absolutely nothing to do with Heretics capabilities in a zerg, nor does it address the FACT that pre-1.125 Heretics accounted for 1/3rd the population of Runemasters and Thanes and post-1.125 Heretics were EQUAL to or near equal to the population of Runemasters and Thanes yet the MIDGARD population cried that they were OP based on no statistics and simply overwhelmed the boards with subjective opinion.
  • Abattoir wrote: »
    They could have tried a 5 or 4 second snare instead of just reverting the change.

This is something that should've been attempted, I agree.
  • Brut wrote: »
    Clumsy please stop with these comments I’m nearly having a heart attack here because I’m laughing so much seriously Ethel Rosenberg OMG I need to sit down this is funny **** seriously stop David k ha ha lol stop

Sir Brut your fix bayonet style and Sir Rescue calculating AJ style would be a great combo! Play together! **** the interloper "cheatin Nate". I know you folks play at different times :( do some kegals and play on a Saturday when Hero is on prime time FUN FUN! Bring it!
  • Yeh I’ve played with the lord rescue before jarl clumsy a good general and noble lord and I will again.
    I would lead his knights in a charge without hesitation the usurper lady Ethel is not of the same stock I fear.
  • Clumsy wrote: »
    Brut wrote: »
    Clumsy please stop with these comments I’m nearly having a heart attack here because I’m laughing so much seriously Ethel Rosenberg OMG I need to sit down this is funny **** seriously stop David k ha ha lol stop

Sir Brut your fix bayonet style and Sir Rescue calculating AJ style would be a great combo! Play together! **** the interloper "cheatin Nate". I know you folks play at different times :( do some kegals and play on a Saturday when Hero is on prime time FUN FUN! Bring it!

You mean the same Nate thats banned.......AGAIN!
  • Also I never once stated Armsmen suck, I stated, with support, that they are in a worse position now then 4 years ago and are the worst of the three heavy tanks, both of which are facts.

Neither are facts, purely an opinion from an RR12 Armsmen.
  • I think that the Polearm being a unique weapon should have a built in parry bonus as well as a damage bonus. Nothing extravagant, maybe 5% parry, 3% damage. If not the damage bonus, at least parry since you give a lot of that up when you have to spec another weapon line as well as shield.
    Tics were over the top

I've dueled plenty of heretics, of various skill and RA specs including PD9 heretanks, But dueling a heretic 1v1 has NOTHING to do with heretic capability in a zerg. Also I never once stated Armsmen suck, I stated, with support, that they are in a worse position now then 4 years ago and are the worst of the three heavy tanks, both of which are facts.

I could beat an equal RR heretic 50% of the time if you really care to know although it's irrelevant.

What you're stating has absolutely nothing to do with Heretics capabilities in a zerg, nor does it address the FACT that pre-1.125 Heretics accounted for 1/3rd the population of Runemasters and Thanes and post-1.125 Heretics were EQUAL to or near equal to the population of Runemasters and Thanes yet the MIDGARD population cried that they were OP based on no statistics and simply overwhelmed the boards with subjective opinion.

i have no idea what you are trying to say..
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Keltorius wrote: »
    I think that the Polearm being a unique weapon should have a built in parry bonus as well as a damage bonus. Nothing extravagant, maybe 5% parry, 3% damage. If not the damage bonus, at least parry since you give a lot of that up when you have to spec another weapon line as well as shield.

polearm has the greatest damage in the game, you want more ?
  • edited December 2018 PM
    tald wrote: »
    Also I never once stated Armsmen suck, I stated, with support, that they are in a worse position now then 4 years ago and are the worst of the three heavy tanks, both of which are facts.

and a bad one :D if i was him, i would cry for help too.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Tics were over the top

nothing you said has relevance about heritics in general.

sure, heretics solo, small man, fg, zerg.

i have fought them all.

i sure don't want to fight vulcym again on his heretic again (i'll trying though :D only one way to get better is to keep trying) one vs one on his heritic..he made a video about it. and with this patch, the heretics became even better.
  • I agree the heretic snare carrots were over the top and needed to be toned down. But you can't compare a solo melee tic.... with a caster tic. That's not how balance works.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    Muylae wrote: »
    Tics were over the top

i have no idea what you are trying to say..

Somehow I'm not surprised
    tald wrote: »
    Also I never once stated Armsmen suck, I stated, with support, that they are in a worse position now then 4 years ago and are the worst of the three heavy tanks, both of which are facts.

and a bad one :D if i was him, i would cry for help too.

Lmao oh man, coming from you? Sheesh I can't even handle the hilarity of that comment.
    Muylae wrote: »
    Tics were over the top

nothing you said has relevance about heritics in general.

sure, heretics solo, small man, fg, zerg.

i have fought them all.

i sure don't want to fight vulcym again on his heretic again (i'll trying though :D only one way to get better is to keep trying) one vs one on his heritic..he made a video about it. and with this patch, the heretics became even better.

Muy you seriously must have retrograde amnesia or acute memory loss. Did you completely forget your initial response to my post? <please re-read comments prior to commenting again>
  • Keep it civil please. Also there is an ongoing thread re Arms and heavy tanks, no need to spill over into others.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • tald wrote: »

Okay so when data supports opinion what does that make it? Theory? Sure you can suggest that what I stated is an observational hypothesis; however, do you disagree with my assessment or are you simply trying to jab me through my syntax.
  • Keep it civil please. Also there is an ongoing thread re Arms and heavy tanks, no need to spill over into others.

True, thanks Beibs, I'll keep comments pertaining to heavy tanks status there.
  • tald wrote: »

Realm rank does not necessarily mean the opinions expressed are informed, relevant, factual, or even good. Many will/would cite me as an example to that end.