Potential 2019 DAOC changes

edited December 2018 in General Board
Hello everyone!

So as we head into 2019 i want to see what changes the players want to see next year

Personally i would like to see the following:

1. Updated ToA items. People love toa encounters.
2. 4 towers on all keeps.
3. Bigger bonus for capturing a relic and bringing it back to main land
4. Give more of a reason to go to the lower areas of the maps.
5. Scaling UI
6. Ability to add more crafted armor bonuses. For example give us the ability to add melee or casting bonuses.
7. Improve heavy tanks slightly. Right now the biggest af class in the game is a cloth wearer.
8. Boat rides faster!
9. Come back to camelot campaign in january.
10. When selecting a character race at creation i think if you select an race like elf for a melee class those intelligent points should be able to dispersed to other stats.
Post edited by Sepphiroth75 on

Comments

• 11. Place captured relics in temples
  • Hello everyone!

So as we head into 2019 i want to see what changes the players want to see next year

5. Scaling UI
    6. Ability to add more crafted armor bonuses. For example give us the ability to add melee or casting bonuses.
    7. Improve heavy tanks slightly. Right now the biggest af class in the game is a cloth wearer.
    8. Boat rides faster!
    10. When selecting a character race at creation i think if you select an race like elf for a melee class those intelligent points should be able to dispersed to other stats.

Thanks for listing #7 Seph. Trying to get the heavy tanks out of the dust cloud a bit and seems many are in agreement.

I agree with everything else you stated. Would be nice to have more incentives to capture relics, especially with the increased keep difficulty with 1.125.
  • It's ok to have super rare items exist in the game.

Something like ice shard but not nerf'd down like it was .
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Maybe boost existing named mobs in the classic zones and give them a chance to drop a super rare item
  • 11a. Make Relics more worth while to capture and hold
  • Allow relic carriers to use boats again, imo.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Remove free Charge didn't make the list?

Oo
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Allow relic carriers to use boats again, imo.

While I agree, I just wonder if relic captures are even important enough to warrant that small level of attention at this time. I would think relics have become so irrelevant as an RVR objective in terms of stirring up action that their time would be better spent somewhere else. Though since I haven't been playing for several months perhaps the action around relic captures has improved.
    Post edited by Sovereign on
    Keltorius wrote: »
    Maybe boost existing named mobs in the classic zones and give them a chance to drop a super rare item

I agree. Like an item that drops like once a month or something.
    And don't put it on merchants for sale later down the road.
    Post edited by Natebruner on
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • I agree with Nate on that. Damn, need to goto the doctor now. lol
  • Sovereign wrote: »

While I agree, I just wonder if relic captures are even important enough to warrant that small level of attention at this time. I would think relics have become so irrelevant as an RVR objective in terms of stirring up action that their time would be better spent somewhere else. Though since I haven't been playing for several months perhaps the action around relic captures has improved.

Unfortunately not and especially so with patch 1.125 and the keep difficulty adjustments. Much smaller forces are capable of putting up efficient defenses within relic keeps; they're very difficult to take now.
  • Sovereign wrote: »

Relic captures are good for generating defense action on Realms that have more than two. However, I suspect if Hero didn't capture them during EU prime, no one else would take the time to have more than two. The bonuses for capturing relics are weak at the moment. BS could increase the incentive by introducing relic capture missions that award RPs and BPs similar to the current Daily, Weekly, and Monthly missions.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    Hello everyone!

5. Scaling UI
    8. Boat rides faster!

I disagree with number 10 in the sense that I think it goes against the lore of the game and the actual race differentials; might as well place all races starting attributes at the same number and give them all the same points to spend. There should be some benefit of choosing a race over another, your recommendation would negate that. I think this recommendation is purely cosmetic based. Only one I disagree with though.
    Post edited by Lustmachine on
  • Like the most of these ideas especially like the idea of 4 towers.
    i am not sure what you mean with 4)

i am not sure about 7), i just think melee hybrids have become ... if you can do 1 thing, you expect it to be 100 %, but if you can do two different things, then would being able to do 50 % / 50 % at both be right or 90 % / 90 % at both ?

right now i think a lot of the hybrids are more to 90 % / 90 % than to 50 % / 50 % of their both lines of what they can do.

8) i don't know ... it should take a while to boat, but right now, some of the boating pathing seems just sily.

10) no ... what's the point in races when you have this ?

the points i didn't comment on, i agree with.
    Post edited by Muylae on
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Hello everyone!

5. Scaling UI
    8. Boat rides faster!

I would like to see a revamping of relic bonuses. Right now I believe damage output is high. I would like for relics to instead of giving a damage bonus give a defensive bonus instead. Instead of giving 5% bonus magic damage or healing for power relic I would like to see 5% magic second tier resists given. For the melee relics I would prefer to remove the 5% bonus melee damage and give all classes 5% more absorption. These would stack up to 10% if all relics were held and also stack with any and all resists/absorbs/RAs. If 5% is too much then maybe 2.5% per relics. Just a thought to slow down the damage currently.
  • I stopped reading at “People love toa encounters”.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    I stopped reading at “People love toa encounters”.

heh, true
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Yeah. I can’t think of many who enjoyed the encounters
  • Artifact revamp and the SI and POC dungeon retool for loot. They are already dropping scales possibly make the SI dungeons drop ROG gear with 99-100% quality.

Right now it’s droppng at 95% quality so no reason to farm there other then salvage.
  • 10. When selecting a character race at creation i think if you select an race like elf for a melee class those intelligent points should be able to dispersed to other stats.

I disagree with number 10 in the sense that I think it goes against the lore of the game and the actual race differentials; might as well place all races starting attributes at the same number and give them all the same points to spend. There should be some benefit of choosing a race over another, your recommendation would negate that. I think this recommendation is purely cosmetic based. Only one I disagree with though.

I think if you were able to relocate them you would lose the whole point of having an acuity race

I had suggested removing the individual acuity stats for races and just having 1, just as they did with item stats.

This way you still retain your acuity class, but a Sylvan healer could gain a benefit from acuity, avalonian healers, charisma classes, etc, etc.

As far as Toa items sure thing, doing encounters, not so much. Maybe if they were doable by less than a group.
  • Abattoir wrote: »

I disagree with number 10 in the sense that I think it goes against the lore of the game and the actual race differentials; might as well place all races starting attributes at the same number and give them all the same points to spend.

I think he was joking.

• Hello everyone!

5. Scaling UI
    8. Boat rides faster!

1. absolutly agree, revamp ToA advetures
    2. no, not necessary
    3. absolutly agree. Relics must become the focus of zergs
    4. Dunno, maybe with exp areas? what do you mean with lower areas?
    5. mmm
    6. no, not necessary, craft uses are enought, maybe a jewelery crafting with items with toa bonuses and 4 stats imbued
    7. absolutly agree, or fix up ALL armor factor of every classes... atm tic has more AF than every others...
    8. not necessary
    9. what is camelot campaign?
    10. omg no, anyway stats with +52 overcap make races stats useless
    11. nerf autoregen classes, like maulers etc... no senses I've to dance like a superstar to kill a rr1 mauler with an infiltrator...
    12. make all pve encounter with BG credit, but feasible with a full group of people with 4/8 fix classes like shielded, CCer, Healer, DPS dealer and 4 random classes
    Aureola BloodWalker - Shadowblade - RR11L1 - Lone Enforcer
  • Make Darkness Falls great again!