Euro Hibs

2»

Comments

• People will cry if you defend keeps or log. It's like some expect Hero to feed you 5 or 6 times.

Like I always told rescu bg: "no need to feed"
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Agree with u Nate..

Today herorius numbers was under half of the mid bg. So openfield made no sence. If mid bg needs action, there is one of your relic in ail. Try for that and u will get instant action, :-) But when mid bg have the numbers they have to risk something (what mids do Us time) like herorius did when he had more peeps before eu bg. So the Word cowardly can easyli be turn arround and point the other way

boomling
  • Not talking about the times Anna is on. I wouldn't expect any BG to hit a camped keep

You bank off of Ails broken design. Can easily defend with 2 groups of braindead players, good try though :)
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • impounded

was just saying what mid bg cut do to get action when the crying about herorius logged, I do not promise you, it will go well :-) its risky and yeah easy to defend.. But the new patch made it alot more easy for defenders and alot harder for attackers. Herorius actually try attacking and its very risky and he will die alot specially with his tactic on the keep takes. But to be honest what should herorius do when he got half of the numbers of the mid bg out ? in Openfield he stands no chance, Tower fighs is out of question when mid have atleast 10 st in bg after patch, then u only have defends fight back or hit and run tactic. Hit and run tactic is impossible when not all of his bg is on teamspeak. And like you said we cant expect bg to hit a keep with other bg setup in it ? if you try put you self in herorius place, its hard to do much different than what he does :-)
    When no other bg on its his job to try get some action and he is offen attacking keeps. I see many mid and albs just sitting and wait for it to happen. Monday herorius killed mid bg twice openfield then he went for CK there was mid at the time, at got beaten badly so he tried it was risky and he lost. that is why i think its unfair for a mid to call him Coward etc, when they dont wanna fight on the same risky manners he does. But have to admit openfield fight are fun specially when the can go either way :-)

Boomling
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Just one question... did Anna quit at 9 p.m. when Hero rolled the Mid BG on monday evening? Then why does Hero log at 9 p.m. when exactly the same is happening to him?
    And it wasn't the first time this happened. Actually, people started to make fun of that in the Mid BG like "let him win the next fight, 'cause he will log early if he looses again" several weeks/months ago.
    There is a pattern in his behavior, which is logging early as i stated days/weeks ago in this thread when the odds are not on his side.
    Tbh... i don't know if Anna did the same in the past, but at least not in the last few months as far as i remember (but i wasn't always on when Anna is running his BG due to family and work obligations).
    Post edited by Cathul on
  • Cathul

no anna did not quit, but dont think he was looking for a openfield fight either, he went unto take some alb keeps and try get herorius to attack the keeps. with mids setup there. herorius attacked ck for a last fight before he logged
    If herorius did the same mid bg just wait for him to leave the keep,. so bloody Waste of time :-) i still dont blame anna its very risky and right tactical move to do. But as a write herorius take risk many times, when he is the big fish and dont see that on the mid part when table are turned. its not and attack post to anna but trying to explain why Things are the way they are

And i have a respect for anna playing alot more agreesive, than earlier openfield

Boomling
  • I’m just curious to one question if there’s no other realm bg on why run a bg.
  • Cathul wrote: »
    Daelin wrote: »
    Hibs win some fights and lose some but they keep coming back because they (like most in this game) want action. Albs and Mids during EU primetime for the most part won't roam even when they have numbers.

Reading this hurts my eyes as it cant be farther away from truth as the edge of the universe.
    If Heros BG gets rolled by Annamariede BG he usually logs one hour earlier than usual, if not more and after that the numbers in Annas BG skyrocket so much, that people in that BG tell the winning team joiners to log back to their hibs as they are not wanted in Mid BG anymore. Sometimes you can see jumps from 70 to 100-120 people within 10 minutes after Hero logs.

To get this straight... i like when Hero runs at EU prime time (i.e. starting from 8 p.m. german time) as there are some good fights against him, but that what you stated is simply not true as was proven over and over again.
    Second thing: i dislike the way both fight, avoiding each other if numbers don't match or trying to steamrolling the other BG if numbers of own BG are far higher than the other BG (or even worse, running behind 8mans/smallmans/solos over half of the map) instead of trying some new things as often suggested in the BG. Esp. Anna likes to ignore most proposals if they don't fit his playstyle.

But... let's be honest... if it wasn't for Anna or Hero, EU primetime would be dead already.

i think you hit so much nails on the head with that post ...

but i'm a bit in two minds about herorius running his BG when he is certain that there will be no enemy BG to fight. ok since patch, mid has actual been able to defend SOME keeps (bled and glenlock) some of the time against herorius when there was no mid BG to defend ...

some of the changes to keep sieges in the last patch made it certainly possible to defend keeps where in the past it wasn't possible ... but damn, the speed at which a port can be cut these days makes it very hard at times to make people port in to defend.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Cathul wrote: »

Reading this hurts my eyes as it cant be farther away from truth as the edge of the universe.
    If Heros BG gets rolled by Annamariede BG he usually logs one hour earlier than usual, if not more and after that the numbers in Annas BG skyrocket so much, that people in that BG tell the winning team joiners to log back to their hibs as they are not wanted in Mid BG anymore. Sometimes you can see jumps from 70 to 100-120 people within 10 minutes after Hero logs.

I hope you can seek medical attention for your eyes as soon as possible if they are hurting from your opinion. Your health is important. Never neglect it.

what part of what he was saying was incorrect in your opinion ? from my pov everything he said was spot on.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Cathul wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    I can remember the mids logging after they wiped 3 times because Xyorman got mad

Xyorman is not Anna and in addition a totally different time of the day. I guess most EU players aren't even online anymore when Xyorman starts his BG.

US prime time starts at 01 00 o clock CET (the time zone that has the most players in it of all time zones) and i can join that maybe one a week, during a weekend. so i guess most of the other euros are not there for US prime time.
  • I see where you're coming from boomling. When he runs his BG with no opposing BG up and logs because he got beat at a keep. Then logs back on a short while after just to hit the same keep, that is what I am calling cowardly. I am not saying the way he plays all the time is cowardly just when he uses that strategy.

I would also call anna cowardly as well. Not just hero if that makes you feel a bit better. Anna is also known for dodging fights with greater numbers open field. Chooses to hide at MMG or a different choke point when he out numbers Hero.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Magistere wrote: »
    For the past 2 years I have consistently been playing Mid running with Cathul in Anna's BG. When I first started we would roll Hero time and again because of population. Last 6 months or so (mostly) the rolls have been reversed. Hero and the EU Hibs have time and again ripped right thru Anna's bg when we are outnumbered 2-1 and we loose but we come right back and try again. It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs. It is poor form when you don't have the numbers but lead the game with overall rps and rage quit. I have personally run with the Hibs and it is fun to run with Hero, he's a fun leader to run with. This is not a Hero bashing session but please don't rage quit because you loose fights. Just change tactics.

while i agree that hero logs prematurely after 2-3 wipes and even sometimes doesn't even show up, anna ALSO tends to go 'ok we don't fight herorius anymore, speedwarps and run away' which drives me just crazy as a strategy.

running around with a 50 - 75 people BG and only chasing down fg's and smaller and running away from herorius...

there is no honour in that and i consider it a waste of time, horrible rp and in the last few weeks it even made me leave my battle group and just go stand AFK in godrborg because i didn't want to be part of that.
  • Brut wrote: »
    To be honest the Albs who play eu time don’t need a Zerg most of the time we can see off both zergs with a collection of 8 men there’s no need for a Zerg To be be honest since the changes to the keep doors and oil level doors keep defence has been a lot of fun.
    We had a great fight against the Anna Zerg yesterday at eras and we had no organised Zerg we lost the fight but we made good rps and had a lot of fun.

i wish that from 2000 CET to 2300 CET there would be consistent battle groups in all 3 realms. before that, it's just herorius who runs a BG and occasional gets wiped on one of the keeps people can port in. after that, there is a lul in time before the US prime time BG starts. but for at least 3 days a week (when anna runs) there should be a good chance for 'balanced' BG vs BG fights during CET prime time, i wish there would be more days that there was a good chance for BG against BG fights during CET.
  • Solicfear1 wrote: »
    Cathul wrote: »
    Solicfear1 wrote: »
    I can remember the mids logging after they wiped 3 times because Xyorman got mad

Xyorman is not Anna and in addition a totally different time of the day. I guess most EU players aren't even online anymore when Xyorman starts his BG.

Just saying that Hero isn't the only zerg leader that does it in this game.

The reasons maybe zerg leaders do it is 1) They don't have enough players 2) Zerg leader doesn't like dying and finds stats more important than fighting 3) Players mentality of quitting after 1 wipe and runs over to the other realm to get better realm points.

This is allowed by realm hopping and ever since it was introduced it's created a bee hive of realm hoppers!

Not saying i defend Hero's tactics in RvR but a lot is to do with players as well as the zerg leader.

agree. i don't think i've ever left a zerg or logged due to wiping though.... i've left zergs due to no fighting though.
  • tald wrote: »
    Magistere wrote: »
    It gets really old when after 3 times Hero looses a fight and he logs. Albs and Mids do not do that just the Hibs.

Everyone does this in both 8man and Zerg playstyles - you see it happening around the clock, not just limited to EU PT.

It is an advanced tactic/strategy of starving the perceived stronger enemy of action - its a rather selfish act really.

the BG that has the advantage (in numbers) should take the offence and take risks. i understand retreating into a defensive position when you don't stand a chance open field, i can understand being careful in the case of the more powerful bg (to some lesser degree), but the both combined is just boredom.
  • Impounded wrote: »
    I see where you're coming from boomling. When he runs his BG with no opposing BG up and logs because he got beat at a keep. Then logs back on a short while after just to hit the same keep, that is what I am calling cowardly. I am not saying the way he plays all the time is cowardly just when he uses that strategy.

I would also call anna cowardly as well. Not just hero if that makes you feel a bit better. Anna is also known for dodging fights with greater numbers open field. Chooses to hide at MMG or a different choke point when he out numbers Hero.

Impounded

I have never seen herorius log because he got beaten in a keep to random groups. He sometimes take a eatbreak on 30- 45 mins++ . But when he Loose in a keep he normslly will run a little to ev, before he will try again and this time he cut ports fast. When u win u ofc learn him a leasson, that you are strong defenders. But to your luck he forgets very fast :-)
    Brut wrote: »
    I’m just curious to one question if there’s no other realm bg on why run a bg.

After patch u need a zerg to take a keep :-) semi j/k. Many in hibzerg enjoys running together, and talk in TS, that is why many day after day log on, they like zergfighting.and see what the day brings and hope for some good fights. U can have a point u also can get good fights fg vs fg , but there u need to get to teamspeak and cordinate alot more, and not all like to do that. Some of us dont have the skills to compete with really good Groups in a 8 man, and some are really low rr trying to get some points on new toons. Honest think that it some of the reasons

To Muylae

I agree with u Towers go Down way to fast, and in some situations its great and in other its very bad :-) But i will like a change to that.
    I also know u never run for a fight, also when odds are low:-) So respect for that .and cant disagree with u comments here. They seems fair to me.

• If people cared less about dying and more about killing and fighting then this game wouldn’t be a graveyard.