What exactly is Broadswords reach of power

Ok this may seem bashing but i want to know. Does BS just change names..monitor chat. I really havent seen any bans.. other than name violations. As a subscriber i would like to see the the charter they are given . (btw this is an actual request for a list of the powers broadsword is granted)
Tagged:

Answers

• Honestly, if I were them, even if they do not want to make a wall of shame (listing banned players), I would communicate more that x number of players been banned because cheating/breaking x rule etc.

That would help people to see they doing something about it.

I mean look at that guy:
    https://www.granks.com/daoc/characters/aorkeig

It's pretty obvious hes RP farming, is he gonna be banned? No clue. People just not sure if they ever bann anyone these days. All we need really is to make sure they do banns, and they actively telling that. That would also encourage other people to cheat less.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    i was given a 3 day ban in game for posting a video of killing someone 1v1 that zerged me down 8v1 prob atleast 100x because I "personaly attacked" them

as the other forums is SPAMMED with posts and videos of people speedhacking, rp farming and cheating who get to go run around playing all day everyday

its a fking joke
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
    mythic banned 75% of the population for radar and realized no one came back, and sold the failing company to some schmucks and now we sit here flopping around like a fish out of water with no clue what its doing ;\ lol

got to love ole daoc lol ;)
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • I am sure to at least a fair extend, that they bann cheaters if they can prove. If that's true, I would just advertise this more, since rumors that this not happening definitely hurts fair players willingness to play. I am sure they loose more people by not banning a few, so I hope they communicate on this matter ASAP. That would be nice.
  • I agree @Gavner and @Huehuaehue. I understand why they don't want to publish who they ban, but at least posting how many people they have banned would help to deter some cheaters (hopefully). As it stands, even when you get caught cheating and get banned its a slap on the wrist as they don't want to lose another account. As I have said in another post on PC, until the punishment outweighs the reward people will cheat like crazy.
    Personally i dont think there is much point in using dev time on gathering and posting numbers, that players have no way to verify if is true numbers or just grabbed out of thin air anyway.
    Post edited by Vrisslar on
  • @Vrisslar Yeah, maybe that's right, I think all people need some confirmation "looking into things", and "don't tolerate" cheating. It might be self evident tbh, but when letting rumors run wild doesn't help for sure.
  • @Gavner Yeah agree to a point, problem i just seen on other games that started postin numbers, then the rumors just switched to being, the company posting fake numbers to make them look good cause they are doing nothing and try to hide it.
  • Wall of shame or nothing, what’s the point of banning someone if you can’t rub it in?
    Well the reason of banning isn't to rub it in, but to make people know cheating's risks.
    Post edited by Gavner on
  • Please understand that we cannot go into much detail, but I can give you some general information regarding appeals:

Any reported violation is actively investigated, and if warranted, appropriate actions are being taken. Due to our privacy policy, the reporting player will never be informed about the outcome of these investigations (and we do not publicly post about any specific appeal). If you appealed someone and then see them again, this does not mean that nothing was done. There can be a variety of reasons for that: For many offences, an escalating sanctioning system is used; this means that not every violation results in an immediate termination of the account, so the player could have already served their sentence. In other cases, it might be worth it to investigate and observe a bit longer, or it could simply be that no violations happened, despite it looking like it from the outside. The escalating sanctioning system also means that if someone does not stop their violations after they received the mentioned 'slap on the wrist', they risk to receive a long-term suspension or possibly termination of the account, depending on the severity of the violation.

All appeals are handled by our CSR in the Customer Support department, which is a different department than the Development Team. There is also the Quality Assurance Team which takes care of Bug Reports, but no regular appeals (which is why you will usually not get a reply if you open a Bug Report - if you need assistance ingame, always make sure not to open a Bug Report - use Emergency Appeal when in doubt!). If you need help with any account or billing related issue, our Account Support Team is there for you, and for technical issues, it is the Technical Support Team! You can contact them via email at support@darkageofcamelot.com with a brief description of the issue and your account name.

Appeals are either replied to directly ingame, or via email so if your ticket has been closed, but no one contacted you ingame (or you did not notice), make sure to check your inbox including the spam folder. Emails will always go to the email address that you registered on your account, so make sure to keep it up to date all the time and not use an email that you do not have access to anymore (you can contact our Account Support Team if that is the case for you, and you are unable to change it yourself via the EA Origins account management site). Also, in many cases it is not necessary for you to be online with the character that you need assistance with, as long as your ticket contains all the relevant information that is needed to resolve your issue. As a rule of thumb, make sure your appeal contains the WWW info - WHAT is the issue, WHO needs help, and WHEN did the issue occur. If a CSR chats you up ingame, it will appear in your regular chat window (no additional chat window pops up), and with standard chat settings, their /sends will be in yellow colour.

As for suspected RP farmers, please keep in mind that a character's statistics on the Camelot Herald are not updated if the character does not log in again. A proven and sanctioned RP farmer may therefore still show the obscure statistics when checking it out on the Herald or similar pages despite the account having been actioned.

Last but not least, while the game is of course actively monitored, all reports are always welcome and help us keeping Dark Age of Camelot a fair environment. If you happen to take screenshots or videos of a suspected violation, you can email them with a brief description of the issue, time and date and the name of the player to support@broadsword.com. Please use English or German for emails and ingame tickets.

I hope this helped!
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • @Lea_Broadsword so more specifically, can we ask what happens when you DO receive video evidence of a cheater? Are you able to act with that kind of evidence, or do you need to further monitor their activity afterward? I'm asking because I hope the answer is yes. Otherwise probably delete this comment so that any cheaters who read this won't get more bold knowing that even after video evidence of them cheating is reviewed by Broadsword's customer support, they still won't get repercussions until further investigation.

I just want to hear about a little justice
  • Last but not least, while the game is of course actively monitored, all reports are always welcome and help us keeping Dark Age of Camelot a fair environment. If you happen to take screenshots or videos of a suspected violation, you can email them with a brief description of the issue, time and date and the name of the player to support@broadsword.com. Please use English or German for emails and ingame tickets.

Many folks have spent their very precious IRL time recording/editing/posting vids to unofficial forums and guess what happened notta.
    On PC the guy said he literally appealed himself from a bot account for over 1 month as he was actively using a 'program' and yet again nothing...
  • they should just remove all realm points from the cheaters account----
    let them explain to their "friends" how they went to rr1.
  • @Armagedden It depends on various factors that I cannot disclose, but there are cases where submitted evidence has been enough to take action.

Evidence needs to be submitted to the email address mentioned in my previous posting. It is not enough to post it on a forum, even more so an inofficial one. Please also keep in mind that while people might state that they appealed someone, it does not mean they actually did. It is also possible that their appeals did not contain enough, or misleading information. It's difficult to say without knowing the actual case. I'll be happy to make sure additional investigations are being done if anyone knows of a specific case - please send me a message with the information you have! Keep in mind though that our privacy policy still applies, so I will not be able to disclose any information about the case in point.
    DAoC German Community Admin
    Broadsword Online Games

Shileahs Camelot-Kompendium - DAoC-Infos auf Deutsch
    Shileah of House Dara, the First of Her name, the Unressed, Master of Stickloss, Queen of Inc-Screams, Purge-Fails and lost Line of Sight, Breaker of Mezz, Mother of Doggos
  • Thank you :)
    Bumblebunny to the rescue !
  • They reviewed my bombing but are still mistaken on how it was done. One program didn't control all 3 reavers.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Not our job to monitor active gameplay isn’t that why most of pay 32$ USD...

Anyone else surprised geezus
  • The pve farming has gotten way out of hand and needs to be seriously cracked down on.
    @Armagedden It depends on various factors that I cannot disclose, but there are cases where submitted evidence has been enough to take action.

Evidence needs to be submitted to the email address mentioned in my previous posting. It is not enough to post it on a forum, even more so an inofficial one. Please also keep in mind that while people might state that they appealed someone, it does not mean they actually did. It is also possible that their appeals did not contain enough, or misleading information. It's difficult to say without knowing the actual case. I'll be happy to make sure additional investigations are being done if anyone knows of a specific case - please send me a message with the information you have! Keep in mind though that our privacy policy still applies, so I will not be able to disclose any information about the case in point.

Is this this case @John_Broadsword and @Carol_Broadsword dismissed because they took the time to capture/edit/upload for viewing and it's not on the 'official' threads I can't even...
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • So far i have seen nothing done to cheaters. And my question/request still not answered. Seem to me like its pretty much BS doesnt have to follow the tos but we do. And as such if i state anything thats doesnt shine light on BS or devs or whoever..my post seems to get deleted. Do we have a recourse?.
    Use or distribute unauthorized software programs or tools, such as "auto" software programs, "macro" software programs, "cheat utility" software program or applications, exploits, cheats, or any other game hacking, altering or cheating software or tool. This has been completely ignored, so many folks with programmed moves these days.
  • Please understand that we cannot go into much detail, but I can give you some general information regarding appeals:

Any reported violation is actively investigated, and if warranted, appropriate actions are being taken. Due to our privacy policy, the reporting player will never be informed about the outcome of these investigations (and we do not publicly post about any specific appeal). If you appealed someone and then see them again, this does not mean that nothing was done. There can be a variety of reasons for that: For many offences, an escalating sanctioning system is used; this means that not every violation results in an immediate termination of the account, so the player could have already served their sentence. In other cases, it might be worth it to investigate and observe a bit longer, or it could simply be that no violations happened, despite it looking like it from the outside. The escalating sanctioning system also means that if someone does not stop their violations after they received the mentioned 'slap on the wrist', they risk to receive a long-term suspension or possibly termination of the account, depending on the severity of the violation.

All appeals are handled by our CSR in the Customer Support department, which is a different department than the Development Team. There is also the Quality Assurance Team which takes care of Bug Reports, but no regular appeals (which is why you will usually not get a reply if you open a Bug Report - if you need assistance ingame, always make sure not to open a Bug Report - use Emergency Appeal when in doubt!). If you need help with any account or billing related issue, our Account Support Team is there for you, and for technical issues, it is the Technical Support Team! You can contact them via email at support@darkageofcamelot.com with a brief description of the issue and your account name.

Appeals are either replied to directly ingame, or via email so if your ticket has been closed, but no one contacted you ingame (or you did not notice), make sure to check your inbox including the spam folder. Emails will always go to the email address that you registered on your account, so make sure to keep it up to date all the time and not use an email that you do not have access to anymore (you can contact our Account Support Team if that is the case for you, and you are unable to change it yourself via the EA Origins account management site). Also, in many cases it is not necessary for you to be online with the character that you need assistance with, as long as your ticket contains all the relevant information that is needed to resolve your issue. As a rule of thumb, make sure your appeal contains the WWW info - WHAT is the issue, WHO needs help, and WHEN did the issue occur. If a CSR chats you up ingame, it will appear in your regular chat window (no additional chat window pops up), and with standard chat settings, their /sends will be in yellow colour.

As for suspected RP farmers, please keep in mind that a character's statistics on the Camelot Herald are not updated if the character does not log in again. A proven and sanctioned RP farmer may therefore still show the obscure statistics when checking it out on the Herald or similar pages despite the account having been actioned.

Last but not least, while the game is of course actively monitored, all reports are always welcome and help us keeping Dark Age of Camelot a fair environment. If you happen to take screenshots or videos of a suspected violation, you can email them with a brief description of the issue, time and date and the name of the player to support@broadsword.com. Please use English or German for emails and ingame tickets.

I hope this helped!

• While i appreciate the fine typing and legal tap dancing.Still questioned not answered, just evaded
  • What if @Broadsword updated their ToS to make people waive the right to privacy if their account is caught cheating. You have to agree to the ToS to play, so if they are caught cheating then we can broadcast it for shaming purposes. Either that or update the ToS some other way to combat cheating... At this point in this game's life I don't understand why people are even given a "slap on the wrists" for their "first" violation... It should be a zero tolerance policy aka perma-ban first offence. Why is this not utilized already?
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    What if @Broadsword updated their ToS to make people waive the right to privacy if their account is caught cheating. You have to agree to the ToS to play, so if they are caught cheating then we can broadcast it for shaming purposes. Either that or update the ToS some other way to combat cheating... At this point in this game's life I don't understand why people are even given a "slap on the wrists" for their "first" violation... It should be a zero tolerance policy aka perma-ban first offence. Why is this not utilized already?

Money