My Exit Survey

1. Low Population (Active BGs are getting fewer and fewer to a point were you only have the large RvR 3 to 4 times a week)
2. Solo action has slowed down because of the new solo spots (Duel Towns need removed to make solos roam more in open field for all classes that solo can have more action)
3. Sins poisons need nerfed.
4. Hunters need old RR5 back or a more defensive one (how about the bubble that was first introduced on the PB shot that got nerfed at least.)
5. Heavy Tanks been overlooked for way to long and are falling behind now

Account closing Jan 2nd 2019...maybe they will do something in next patch to make me want to resub??????

Comments

• I agree with #5 i.e. Armsman are extremely lackluster when compared to say the Warrior who has gotten recent love. Also Sins poison has already been nerfed many times. Although it's lower population BS has down a semi-decent job of keep the ole gal afloat (not that I agree with the past 2-3.5 yrs of patches).

GL
  • The games old, let it die in peace.
  • Sorry to see you go man. You were always doing your best by Midgard. Shame it came to this.
  • null
    What did warriors get? I don’t recall anything? I was gone for 3 months and re sub right before the last patch. Did I miss something while I was gone?
  • Their Shield line got a snare and an AOE Grapple.
  • edited December 2018 PM
    Yea ok I recall that, both was useless. Rear style snare just as good with weapon and the spec point for a useless grapple was better used for parry points. Nothing that I would call loving or even worth mentioning.
    Post edited by Grot on
  • Yeah Heavies for sure need re-evaluated, I've had some really good comments in the thread I made titled for Armsmen but applicable to all Heavy tanks. I'm hoping John takes to heart the current position that Heavies are in.
  • I can see giving some minor love to armsman, but warriors and heros are fine as is imo. Not all classes have to be great at everything. Some classses are better for groups, some better for small man, and some better for solo.
    Heavy tanks need something more than what they have. Three of my biggest changes would be Rampage needs changed from it current use to more of a purge use and needs to purge debuff poisons vamps/maulers/champ debuffs. Timer lower to 10 minutes. Next would be a throw shield style with 800 range that has a snare effect. Than last would be more effective blocking rate with a shield. Maybe raise it up another 10%.
    Det should be a free passive RA for Heavy tanks also. Just like light tanks received charge for free.
    Post edited by Grot on
  • Grot wrote: »
    Heavy tanks need something more than what they have. Three of my biggest changes would be Rampage needs changed from it current use to more of a purge use and needs to purge debuff poisons vamps/maulers/champ debuffs. Timer lower to 10 minutes. Next would be a throw shield style with 800 range that has a snare effect. Than last would be more effective blocking rate with a shield. Maybe raise it up another 10%.

I've pushed for rampage to be altered as well. It's currently pretty much useless as you need to activate it prior to being debuffed for it to actually work. By the time you realize you need to use it you're already debuffed to begin with. It should function as a debuff purge for the heavy while giving immunity for the duration (the immunity will still apply to group mates but the purge would only effect the tank).

I also thought a good idea was increasing the effectiveness of memories of war to reduce poison/debuff effectiveness against tanks by 50%.
  • What needs a revamping is the environment. It looks like we're playing in an empty land with old out-dated everythings.
  • Rampage is simply timing. You get debuffed already? Don't use it until those debuff timers are about to drop. But I agree it should purge the debuffs off of you if. If you raised block rate nothing would get through besides dual wield so I couldn't see that happening. I would enjoy a throw weapon/shield for all heavies as a means to interupt at range. Or a range taunt similar to Sav/Pala.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Rampage is simply timing. You get debuffed already? Don't use it until those debuff timers are about to drop. But I agree it should purge the debuffs off of you if. If you raised block rate nothing would get through besides dual wield so I couldn't see that happening. I would enjoy a throw weapon/shield for all heavies as a means to interupt at range. Or a range taunt similar to Sav/Pala.

Throw shield for Heavy Tanks would be cool.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • They could turn their taunt into a ranged or cone interrupt. Free throw shield or throw weapon or free snapshot on an Armsman...

Light tanks got free charge RA why nothing for the heavies?
  • Pretty bored of the game myself. (2 of 3 accounts currently down). Always fun playing with you Grot. /salute

#remove bow towns
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 444 445 447
    Ywain 1. Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Heavies need a debuff on the target when hit by a 2h style that stacks but has a timer of 10seconds each consecutive hit adds to the debuff but not the timer. The debuff should be either a effectiveness debuff/snare or a defense debuff of some description.
  • DaRedANT wrote: »
    #remove bow towns

I second this. Remove bow towns and bring back Ruined Keeps <3

Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Don't worry- I'm here to save Midgard from heretics and Sts
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
    my friend grot nooo !
    Post edited by Huehuaehue on
  • Runied keeps were fun.
  • Sins poison never needed nerf.. Other classes just dont know or care to learn how to counter it. Sins are the most nerfed toons in game. Warriors never needed anything other than few days in rvr school. Just use yer macroed movent on yer razor mouse like everyone else :)
  • Onidakken wrote: »
    Sins poison never needed nerf.. Other classes just dont know or care to learn how to counter it. Sins are the most nerfed toons in game. Warriors never needed anything other than few days in rvr school. Just use yer macroed movent on yer razor mouse like everyone else :)

Lol, sins are the most nerfed toons in the game because they're constantly the most powerful toons in the game as well.

When, exactly, were assassins underpowered? - Spoiler: Never

They're still top of the food chain and can beat every single class in the game.
  • I was about to say the same thing @Amp_Phetamine!! Even after all of their nerfs they are still consistently at the very top of the food chain.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    I was about to say the same thing @Amp_Phetamine!! Even after all of their nerfs they are still consistently at the very top of the food chain.

Lol, sometimes I wonder about some of the players. It's like: "Man, now it's slightly more difficult for me to kill all of my targets than it was before" is considered a "nerf" >.<.
    Sins are the most nerfed toons in game.

Not as much as archers ;)
    Can't believe people still think it's a nerf when clearly oped things are toned down, I'm sure this guy also thought the removal of essence blades and called shots weren't needed and every1 else should to learn to play their toons.
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Rampage is simply timing. You get debuffed already? Don't use it until those debuff timers are about to drop. But I agree it should purge the debuffs off of you if. If you raised block rate nothing would get through besides dual wield so I couldn't see that happening. I would enjoy a throw weapon/shield for all heavies as a means to interupt at range. Or a range taunt similar to Sav/Pala.

savage ranged taunt does not interupt, only good for breaking speed on the target. and there is such a thing as throw weapon in battle master ML line..
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Sins poison never needed nerf.. Other classes just dont know or care to learn how to counter it. Sins are the most nerfed toons in game. Warriors never needed anything other than few days in rvr school. Just use yer macroed movent on yer razor mouse like everyone else :)

enlighten us pls how to counter sin poisons.
    and for your info, not everyone uses or is willing to use macroed movement which is probably technically not allowed within the rules.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Onidakken wrote: »

enlighten us pls how to counter sin poisons.
    and for your info, not everyone uses or is willing to use macroed movement which is probably technically not allowed within the rules.

I could be wrong on this Muylae, but I believe they came out not that long ago and said it was perfectly legal to use macro'd movements/attacks on programmable keyboards as long as you were not using it on multiple toons/boxes in RvR. I could be wrong on that. I remember it being something they addressed after Nate was banned for multi-boxing.
  • It was never clear hence why I got to bomb folks for like 3 months.
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

• Natebruner wrote: »
    It was never clear hence why I got to bomb folks for like 3 months.

True. I believe that was why they came out and made their statement about it. I could be wrong, but from what I remember it basically said it was fine to program a mouse or keyboard but not ok to do it on multiple toons/boxes in RvR.
    Natebruner wrote: »

True. I believe that was why they came out and made their statement about it. I could be wrong, but from what I remember it basically said it was fine to program a mouse or keyboard but not ok to do it on multiple toons/boxes in RvR.

Correct - but in my house 3 keyboards were being used for 3 reavers. So I should not have eaten a ban
    HERORIUS

• Natebruner wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »

Correct - but in my house 3 keyboards were being used for 3 reavers. So I should not have eaten a ban

Yah, I wasn't saying whether or not you deserved a ban or not, just pointing out that I remember them touching on what was allowed around that time. I remember there being alot of confusion as to what brought on the ban. As far as I'm concerned that is between you and BS. None of my business whatsoever. :)
    RonELuvv wrote: »

Yah, I wasn't saying whether or not you deserved a ban or not, just pointing out that I remember them touching on what was allowed around that time. I remember there being alot of confusion as to what brought on the ban. As far as I'm concerned that is between you and BS. None of my business whatsoever. :)

They are still confused as well
    HERORIUS

• still doesn't answer the question about how to deal with poisons as one person suggested. and if it's ok to macro movement to get of positional skills, please, someone give me a tutorial. :D
    Warlord ability or poison remedy pot and Archers get remedy...
    Post edited by Fateboi on
    Muylae
    December 7 PMFlag
    if it's ok to macro movement to get of positional skills, please, someone give me a tutorial.

Me too !
    Post edited by Abattoir on
    Impounded wrote: »

Savage taunt does not rupt. It should tho.
    Post edited by Lustmachine on