Elitist Jerx - Mid Guild Recruiting

Comments

• Solo zone was the intention, if you as a full group have to resort to going to those places, then something has gone wrong.

Still no "solo zone". Its all rvr. I would follow @Jenini suggestion. If the duelers want to head to Lab, so be it. I can't tell you the last time i went down there. Solo, duo, duelers etc should be pretty safe down there. Even DF to an extent. The so called "solo zones" are non existent. BS chose to put boxes in those locations. I wont go out there on a solo visi. I'll go out there and gather on my stealther(s). You're more likely to get a resonse from BS if you ask them to move the boxes to a "safer" place. You can't ask people not to kill in an rvr zone.... well, until you pay for their sub.... even then you might ask, and get ignored :wink:
  • I love the go to lab comments well let's be honest even if all solos moved to laby, bad groups that get rolled by even numbers would than just run lab...
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • edited December 2018 PM
    The only solo area is the loading screen
    Post edited by Creaper on
  • Boduke wrote: »
    I love the go to lab comments well let's be honest even if all solos moved to laby, bad groups that get rolled by even numbers would than just run lab...

I'm too lazy to go to Lab... as are most. Trelle/Moy/Folley are too close to prime rvr zones to expect to be left alone. BS recognized this and stopped dropping Oby buff when groups ran through. I do go out there solo (on my stealther) as i mentioned. I dont waste my time hitting that zone solo/visi though. Too many times ive been jumped my other stealthers/groups of stealther/groups, etc. I would not expect anyone to leave me alone on my stealther either. Some people are so so nice and take the time to look at names, maybe look them up on excidio... think back to years ago when the player may not have killed them and could have....thats too complicated. Tab/target/kill...look at names when you're dead or running away from the dueler who dropped weapons and is now chasing you because you interrupted their duel :-)
  • roam and fight for real quit bowing and holding hands as you prepare to think about every button In a row your about to push

go win on the fly, pull rabbits out of hats, strive for winning 1vmuliutples, I don't know how anyone is excited to win a 1v1 anyway after playing this game for more then like 1 month

go try to do **** other people on your class aren't, shoot for the impossible, always

leave them solo zones and roam the isle and near safe paths, go near main docks, go in areas there will be a flow of people and see how many you can kill in a row, its a hell of a lot of fun, everyone wins 1v1's...boring^^
  • I love how my recruitment page went to solo areas.. lol.. Total change of topic
  • Laby would solve alot of problems i think.. Or create an area that u can only zone to if solo..
  • Make Nethuni South Great Again!!!
    Daniellson - Healer
  • I think boxes should be moved away from Trelle/Moy/Folley since players can port in/out with ease. It shouldn't be convenient to gank players gathering boxes for the supplies quest when rubble is placed outside these areas. Place boxes along the coasts in the maze zones where the turkey legs were. Essences are fine where they are since they can be obtained in non-RvR zones.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Solo zone was the intention, if you as a full group have to resort to going to those places, then something has gone wrong.

They were changed in the last patch, from the notes.
    While these areas still maintain the Lone Wolf buff and obelisks, they are no longer considered protected “solo” areas.
  • As far as i know there are no and never have been, distinct solo areas. Sounds too much like WOW and arenas. I'll pass.
    Sleepwell wrote: »
    As far as i know there are no and never have been, distinct solo areas. Sounds too much like WOW and arenas. I'll pass.

Mythic put a poll out many years ago asking if players wanted arenas (solo, 8v8, etc.). I distinctly remember a slight majority (52% or something) in favor of arenas; however, this was not enough to convince the developers at the time to implement them. I can't for the life of me find the response to the results, but I think it was in an old Grab Bag.

Eidt: old IGN forum post regarding instanced RvR login-in poll. No results but clearly was not popular at the time.
    https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/mythic-is-finally-trying-to-communicate-with-its-customers.250444325/
    Post edited by Tyrantanic on
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Yeah i been away for like 4 years so still getting used to alot of changes. I do agree that boxes should be moved but thats my opinion. As to solos i respect some duels and my guys will vouch that if i know the person dueling or know alb/hib and they've never ganked me i say let them be.. If its someone trash talking us or Alb/Hib that has ganked us before i will hit evertime.
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    As far as i know there are no and never have been, distinct solo areas. Sounds too much like WOW and arenas. I'll pass.

Mythic put a poll out many years ago asking if players wanted arenas (solo, 8v8, etc.). I distinctly remember a slight majority (52% or something) in favor of arenas; however, this was not enough to convince the developers at the time to implement them. I can't for the life of me find the response to the results, but I think it was in an old Grab Bag.

Eidt: old IGN forum post regarding instanced RvR login-in poll. No results but clearly was not popular at the time.
    https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/mythic-is-finally-trying-to-communicate-with-its-customers.250444325/

I'm not opposed to that for people who want that kind of atmosphere, but it should work like df used to (and rvr zone leveling still does to an extent). Risk = reward. What is the risk of going 1v1 against a player. One of you will die unless you end the duel (lets call it what it is... most even /bow). There is no inherent risk. No one to interrupt you. No random healer type driving by to help their realm-mate. No random dps rolling by to help their realm-mate That turns into WoW imo. The meta there was specific. If you played in the arenas, then you could attain arena gear that was good to fight with in the arena, but not really group specific that you could use in a group/zerg environment. Or make it even better. Award no rps if they want to solo in the arena areas. Again.. no real risk, so why should there be a reward. If people want to farm their rps it has become fairly apparent that they are free to do so.
  • Hmm...I got a heal lock I've been itching to play.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Awesome.. We love locks. Heal locks are nutts
    Sleepwell, sure that's a great idea soon as people get 0 rps for killing solos because no risk no reward? See how that works there is a risk you lose that 1v1 what risk is there in 8v1 or zerg vs 1..

I'll never understand people's idea that mindless zerging of someone is somehow better than people who enjoy fair fights?
    Post edited by Boduke on
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
    Sleepwell, sure that's a great idea soon as people get 0 rps for killing solos because no risk no reward? See how that works there is a risk you lose that 1v1 what risk is there in 8v1 or zerg vs 1..

I'll never understand people's idea that mindless zerging of someone is somehow better than people who enjoy fair fights?

As much as I agree with you. I also feel that big fish eats little fish is what makes this game thrive. It has and always will be like that. Even in the glory days of labby... hero ran his zergs to kill smaller numbers. I primarily play the game solo as of late and have had some of the best fights because of these small groups that roll through. As a soloer you need to constantly keep moving from town to town and zone to zone. There is no more /bow camping in trelle/moy/folley you need to move and avoid the bigger fish.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
    Boduke wrote: »

You're wrong about an 8 man killing a solo in an rvr zone. The chance is always there to get hit by 2fg, 3fg, the zerg while cleaning up trelle/moy/folley. Thats the difference. If you want solo only... 1v1 only, then it becomes WoW'esque and the zone is locked down to two people who can enjoy a nice candle lit dinner together with no interruptions (aka no risk for adds/assist etc.)

1v1 was never the nature of the game. It was defined early on and for most has carried on just like that. Its a realm vs realm vs realm war. If you're in the warzone.. you kill the enemy. The meta changed and people started making their own subset of "alternative playstyles". It is completely fine if you want to play like that.... until you try to force that playstyle on others who still play the game like it was designed and advertised. There are no longer thousands of players. Fewer to fight. That causes a two fold problem. Less people to kill means that people are scavengers. You're asking for the larger subset of people to play the way you and the minority play. It's not mindless zerging as much as looking for action. Groups go to those zones now too (trelle/folley/moy). Thats unfortunate for solo players who chose not to group up. Several people have offered the solo's an alternative. Go have your duels in Lab. I promise i will not go there. I would expect less than a handful would. There are of course those who would come grief people in there, but again.. .until i start paying for those subs, i guess they get to play the way they choose to.
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Natebruner wrote: »
    Solo zone was the intention, if you as a full group have to resort to going to those places, then something has gone wrong.

as long as you /bow after rolling solo's - all is good.

You must ALWAYS /bow, this is the unspoken unbreakable rule.

Also the "solo" zones were redacted as "solo" zones with the recent patch and expansion. BS specifically stated they were attempting to remove that idea by expanding the zones and removing the bugganes loss penalty. These are no longer "solo" zones (in fact I see more smalls/groups there than duels anymore).
  • I'm bitter at most times I'll admit it, and sadly don't think anything will solve it but more population spreading action away from the only 3 points in game where you can find a fight in a reasonable time.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
    I'm bitter at most times I'll admit it, and sadly don't think anything will solve it but more population spreading action away from the only 3 points in game where you can find a fight in a reasonable time.

Yeah I took advantage of the solo spots when they were first introduced and was able to get a ton of good fights but I can also understand why BS made the changes they made. If anything it offers nice RP's when I run with my guild trio in there and flank the groups that're trying to grief ;).
  • Aye I see you flex and system? Out and About at times and I appreciate that you guys are not out to roll over solos. As you guys have never that I can recall rolled me in the solo spots or otherwise.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
    Aye I see you flex and system? Out and About at times and I appreciate that you guys are not out to roll over solos. As you guys have never that I can recall rolled me in the solo spots or otherwise.

Yup that's us! System is my brother and Flex is my cousin. They're generally 'less' lenient regarding solo's if they're running together but will generally not hit anyone who's already fighting but they've def. made a few enemies in those areas lol. But if I'm running I'll exclusively leave solo's alone unless it's someone that is trying to solo who also likes to run groups through the area, then they'll drop >:)
  • We try not to hit most solos dueling but like i said before if its some1 that has repeatedly rolled me for box questing I will roll them everytime not caring if I'm solo or grouped. Same with small man roaming. You wont ever see me sit down or stray away from a fight. We might win we might die its all about playing the game and hoping you have the better hand.
  • Jenini wrote: »
    We try not to hit most solos dueling but like i said before if its some1 that has repeatedly rolled me for box questing I will roll them everytime not caring if I'm solo or grouped. Same with small man roaming. You wont ever see me sit down or stray away from a fight. We might win we might die its all about playing the game and hoping you have the better hand.

Agree'd. Most should (and do) understand that although there are a few that will respect the aspect of these locations as "solo" or "duel" zones, that doesn't imply that they are and shouldn't be treated as such. Prior to the recent patch that was less true; however, that concept has shifted away from "solo-friendly locations". There are some toons that will simultaneously gank those three areas, and later on attempt to solo and be "respected" for their solo attempts. It get's too confusing at times trying to remember who's one of the good guys and who're the bads lol.

But same @Jenini. Generally I'll completely avoid the area but if actions slow I'll definitely take a stroll through to see what's going on (if I'm running my trio). If a groups there they're for sure free game and if it's someone that likes to play both sides of the card, they're free game as well, but generally 90% of the population there I wouldn't hit as they treated me well during my solo ventures.
  • Im honestly against most solos due to the fact the always add on archers trying to kill someone solo not dueling lol..
    Yep yep.. Now if any you guys are returning/old/new players and looking for a fun guild with no rules let me know or any1 in the guild and we would love to have ya. We are accepting all classes and levels. We run discord and rvr nightly as a roaming group or groups in which at times assist with the bg. We try to do pve raids on weekends and sometimes during the week. Hope to see you guys on the battlefield. ;)
    Post edited by Jenini on
  • I was having everyone wear all black but now that seems to have gone out the window. They pretty much wear whatever. I think all black looks evil when u see a crap ton coming your way.
  • who gonna be the big ugly ass guy in all orange if you redye ! <3
  • Sorry for helping Jack your guild thread btw jenini as I said I can be quite bitter at times but I wish all fun in there chosen playstyle unless you zerg me than I want you all to die in a fire =)

Faatkid and my pet cat
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • Nah hun your fine. I dont mind the thread changing just gives me a reason to repost..lol.. It's nice discussing topics when people are actually talking about it and not belittling some1.
    Sorry for helping Jack your guild thread btw jenini as I said I can be quite bitter at times but I wish all fun in there chosen playstyle unless you zerg me than I want you all to die in a fire =)

Faatkid and my pet cat

Very good druid, we know of you and respect you ;). When we ran up to hib safe zone over the weekend I started smacking on you and Flex was like - Hey that's Faatkid back off.
  • Amp.. sure go crazy with bright orange..lol. better you to b a target then me.lol
    Amp.. sure go crazy with bright orange..lol. better you to b a target then me.lol

Haha I'll be roaming in the Royal Purple/Black to rep Resident Evil for a bit, may swap back to the bright orange again at some point ;)
  • Ya I remember as I said i don't recall you guys ever running me over. But I am glad when they see me with even numbers they also don't hesitate to engage. me and buddy who recently returned and I been helping get templated was fighting flex and system other day near bled. Than like 4 or 5 mids added we turned on them collected their rps and went our separate ways. Respecting the fact that the fight had been interrupted and knowing them 4 mids would be flying back with friends. So tell your family for me if they don't read it's appreciated that some people still enjoy good fights over rps .
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

Grumblejr-hero
    Faatkid-druid
  • Join and get in discord today ! :)
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
  • Im honestly against most solos due to the fact the always add on archers trying to kill someone solo not dueling lol..

Miss you Jolly :smile:
    Daniellson - Healer
  • If any you guys looking for a new guild thats active just hit any1 in elitist jerx up in game. Anyone can invite to guild. Were super active and rvr everyday. We usually have 20 to 26 members on at a time with 82 active accounts and growing. We look forward to seeing you on the battlefield.
    ^^ was great being able to invite my bd to the guild w/no issues. Can we put bonuses up? Not that they usually aren’t, but another thing I have yet to test.
    Post edited by Snaillyn on
  • Not sure if u guys can or not. We usually always have them up. Try /gc buff rps. If not then i can put up in hour when i break
    I forgot to check the buff last night. I was so tired. Will update ranks when i get home so u guys can do the command if not.
    Post edited by Jenini on

Taking applications lol

Daniellson - Healer
  • Lol.. I know right. After application theres a alliance approval questionnaire..lmao.
  • Well at least we didn't have to make the effort to be jerks the people just treat us like we are LOL!
  • "follow me to freedom"
    "I think what he is doing is good. For a long time Albs not have very good leaders. Natebruner is perfect, his accuracy, his pushing"
    HERORIUS

"Nate calling out fights in the Alb public bg has been a recent source of entertainment for me, most of those folks have never heard anyone call targets during US prime." Teddie

"First off I am pretty sure most Mids agree that Albs previous leaders were weak and Nate is actually bringing out action." Impounded

Discord me: Natebruner#3781
This discussion has been closed.