Your survey is horrid so here's why I cancelled.

1. This patch was horrid for rvr balance. I know it's hard to test things in an environment that has so few testers but come on...

2. One thing I was personally looking forward to was changing my race after so many years. But...that price point really does scream "lets gouge our customers!". I fully understand the need to make money but we are already paying a monthly fee. I suppose that doesn't count for anything anymore. Pretty sad in my opinion.

Sadly I have cancelled for now. Hopefully things will change for the better soon. Best of luck Broadsword and all of the player base. Lets hope it doesn't all disappear.

Comments

• Another cancel post. Good job BS
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Sorry, but almost everything BS delivered in this patch was in direct response to the community. If you don't like it then get mad at your fellow players. Race respec is like $25 I believe. I don't think that is asking too much to change your race. If you are low RR then just remake it.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • No, it was a small bunch if people giving feedback that was listened to.

Most of this patch was sh$t, but seriously who is going to listen to that feeback that goes directly opposite to your plans??
  • No @Jak, you're wrong. It was alot of people. At one point I even posted and said I hoped BS knew who to listen to and who not to because everyone was asking for everything when they realized BS was listening.
  • JakJak
    edited November 2018 PM
    You are entitled to your opinion, does not make it right.

Who asked for st on rms? I believe I read it in someones post...as a joke!

In my opinion, bs has very rarely listened to their community and the feedback that has been given...but i am pretty disgusted as a whole with them. I continue to play this game only for the people that I run with. Those people are now canceling, nothing left for this game once they are gone. Like the op. Their exit questions are pretty sad.
    Post edited by Jak on
  • main thing wrong with this game is the cheaters/abusers---which was why i sent in feedback against name changes.
    i still send feedback on the region trolls--lol--specially when they have 513 deaths and only 5 kills. and are guildless.

• guess the peeps that bought accounts didnt like the names of their rr12 toons lol
  • Or the races... :p
  • and i thought if someone cancelled they could not post here
    thought you had to be an active paying player :)
  • Think once the sub ends. Not too sure
  • You don't need an active account to post here.
  • Daelin wrote: »
    You don't need an active account to post here.

You should. This change would probably make these boards 100x better.
  • No. Your boy Nate is what makes these boards terrible
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Sorry, but almost everything BS delivered in this patch was in direct response to the community. If you don't like it then get mad at your fellow players. Race respec is like $25 I believe. I don't think that is asking too much to change your race. If you are low RR then just remake it.

$25 would be fine if there weren't also a monthly fee to play. It is way overpriced otherwise.
  • 47el wrote: »
    guess the peeps that bought accounts didnt like the names of their rr12 toons lol

I have never purchased an account. I did however want to change my characters race.
    I’ll agree when you are already paying them 32$ USD I can see how people on a fixed income can become upset. You get rubbed the wrong way over multiple months/years, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion of what is Value added or not.

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • Hey, I pay for 2 accounts and really outta get at least 1 freebie. lol
    Why were heretics buffed by the way? Saw some ppl totally rip on them, it didn’t seem like the class needed buffs? I guess it is a case of « people don’t know how to play it so let’s make it stupid »?

That’s the issue when you listen tl the community too much, you make dradtic changes, buff classes over the top, then nerf it back...
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • They need to figure out a way to be able to have surveys on login where you need to have an active subscription to participate, a very low percentage of players look at the "forums".
  • Mentalburn wrote: »
    They need to figure out a way to be able to have surveys on login where you need to have an active subscription to participate, a very low percentage of players look at the "forums".

This has been done before. I wish they would do it more often.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Oh noes, ST on a class, Christ this playerbase is full of children.
  • It’s not only the st, that’s just part of the heretic anthem
  • BTA wrote: »
    1. This patch was horrid for rvr balance. I know it's hard to test things in an environment that has so few testers but come on.../quote]

Just curious as to what you feel is unbalanced from this patch? No joke, real question.
  • well as far as unbalanced..its just more of the same. Lets nerf sneaks some more. op mids some more..kiss the casters backside some more. Generally fill game with more bugs some more.. lets not fix the important things. lets FORCE folks to play the way we want them to. No wonder folks keep leaving this game. So far all i have seen is more corporate greed.
  • Mentalburn wrote: »
    They need to figure out a way to be able to have surveys on login where you need to have an active subscription to participate, a very low percentage of players look at the "forums".

News at 11 live population has been down trending for awhile now
  • Onidakken wrote: »
    well as far as unbalanced..its just more of the same. Lets nerf sneaks some more. op mids some more..kiss the casters backside some more. Generally fill game with more bugs some more.. lets not fix the important things. lets FORCE folks to play the way we want them to. No wonder folks keep leaving this game. So far all i have seen is more corporate greed.

Sins needed to be toned down.
    Please tell me how this patch has made mids more OP.
    Casters got love and hate on all sides.
    And as for bugs/crashes I have noticed the exact same problems that were occurring before patch. (Nothing got fixed) so I almost agree.
    Impounded - Warrior__________Gimpound - Champion
    Chantsy - Paladin____________Shaquilleoatmeal - Berserker
    Cowtastrophe - Hero__________Shrimpsticks - Infiltrator

Feel free to add me on Discord: Impounded#5743

>Daoc Videos<
  • Yeah. Crash bugs are still there, nothing hanged except maybe the disappearing npc’s. I don’t really see how mids got massively boosted. Tics snare is incredibly amazing now. Unfortunately a majority of the ones playing don’t have a clue, thank god.
  • seems like Albs (Tics) and Mids (Thane) got love while Hibs got nothing.
    Maybe that is saying something.
    Population doesn't = class buffs.

PS: I don't think Thanes or Ticks needed love. So I can also see your frustration.
    Post edited by Impounded on

>Daoc Videos<
    If you think for one minute Mid is OP from "this" patch or Mid got loven, you need your head checked stat! Fact is, Alb got seriously loved to hell and back with a reach around included. Tics are now FOTM.
    Post edited by Tanky on
  • Thanes did get a boost. I play one and can’t deny the insta range buff and high spec dd
  • @Tanky Ummmm, did you not get a boost on thane? Did you not get a 2nd class with ST? Did you not get a third wall climber? Those are all boosts for your realm. Albion also got some love as well.
  • I think Thanks are FOTM also.

But what did Hibs get? A nerf on Animist 2.0s ae root.
  • Once again.. That is saying something.
    Clearly they didn't get any change because BS didn't feel they needed any change.
    and already have 2 STs so your realm was excluded from that disaster of an idea as well.
    Hibs have always had really strong classes.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Impounded wrote: »
    Once again.. That is saying something.
    Clearly they didn't get any change because BS didn't feel they needed any change.
    and already have 2 STs so your realm was excluded from that disaster of an idea as well.

I agree. but really, did TICS need to be reworked? Did Thanes need to now become more OPed than Maulers?

I am sure in time, once people come up with new tactics, and some adjusting by BS, things will be ok.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Impounded wrote: »

I agree. but really, did TICS need to be reworked? Did Thanes need to now become more OPed than Maulers?

I am sure in time, once people come up with new tactics, and some adjusting by BS, things will be ok.

Oh I am on board with you there. I don't think either of those classes needed to be touched. Those are mistakes, hopefully to be corrected soon.

>Daoc Videos<
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    @Tanky Ummmm, A) did you not get a boost on thane? B) Did you not get a 2nd class with ST? C) Did you not get a third wall climber? Those are all boosts for your realm. d) Albion also got some love as well.

a) yes, thanes got a higher delve nuke, not a biggy since thanes didn't nuke for much damage anyway. it's nice, but not a game changer.

b) hibs should have lost a ST class, mids and albs shouldn't have received a ST class... shrug.

c) in theory, yes. practically, no. so far i've seen one savage climb a wall. no savage is prepared to ruin his spec to get climb walls except for a few that just want to check it and then revert to 50 h2h //// 40/39 savagery //// 15/18 parry because the price to pay for climb walls is horrible.

d) tics effectively received the equivalent of more spec points AND ST
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Minibard wrote: »
    Impounded wrote: »

thanes more OP than maulers ? rofl. see how well a thane does against a mauler one vs one.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • The game isn't supposed to be balanced around 1v1.

>Daoc Videos<
  • Thane does not equal a mauler. Thane new nuke is good if you are purely caster templated. My frosty with dragon crest has over 300 pie, so that’s a low range pure caster. Obviously not effective for much besides Zerg battles though
  • Every class is unique :)