Icon Improvements: i dont like/need/wanted/asked it

Is there / could you make it an optional thing , like the tooltip thing?

I just think it is horrible to see this useless numbers blinking and taking 33% of my icon bar for no reason, who asked that?

Tooltips are designed for that, right?

Also make the new mithril mask an option or disable it on classic model, because it looks horrible.

Tagged:

Comments

• uhm, i think it's the greatest improvement in the UI in 17 years. and i don't think it goes far enough.

i wish it would also show how long it takes before an item timer becomes available on my qbar.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    uhm, i think it's the greatest improvement in the UI in 17 years. and i don't think it goes far enough.

i wish it would also show how long it takes before an item timer becomes available on my qbar.

I agree, for items /uses on my qbar too.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    uhm, i think it's the greatest improvement in the UI in 17 years. and i don't think it goes far enough.

Yeah, seriously. It's seriously such a nice QoL feature. That being said, I guess an on/off toggle in the options might be okay for the few people who don't like it. I personally think it's fantastic.
    Former Thid Pro Soloer. Current Molvik Pro Soloer.
    https://www.daocutils.com/chimp/redattack
  • It was one of my favorite patch features
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • It just takes a few runs to get used to, then becomes a nice feature
  • I agree wished that you could toggle it on or off. Are the UI's still working with new tooltips
  • I think I use an old ghost ui and it works fine
  • I'm using the updated Korts and its working fine
  • suggestion for option menu (or in the config file)

[Icon Improvements: Type]
    [X] item reuse timer
    [ ] self spells
    [ ] allies spells
    [X] ennemies/pve spells

[Icon Improvements: Condition]
    [] Everytime
    [ X] On mouse over
    [ ] On right click
    [ ] Never

[Icon Improvements: Location ]
    [] Macro bar
    [X] Top Icon bar

[New Mask: ]
    [] Do not display masks
    [] Display masks on classic models
    [X] Display masks on catacomb models

add that in the simpliest way into the user.dat and i will be happy

• edited November 2018 PM
    Why, in King Arthur’s name, would anyone ever have a problem with this feature?

Please add it to potion use, item use, etc. Factor in the two minute timer for all items as well.
    Post edited by Seethyr on
  • BS added something to the game that means nothing to me but is useful to most, how dear they add something that i didn't wanted, they should only gather to me !!!

sarcasm off
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Seethyr wrote: »
    Why, in King Arthur’s name, would anyone ever have a problem with this feature?

Please add it to potion use, item use, etc. Factor in the two minute timer for all items as well.

yes please
  • I personally love this feature, caught me by surprise in a good way. I don't even know today, but I think tooltips could be disabled, if it's so annoying (and possible), maybe this can too, but overall I am happy with it. I have little knowledge how hard to add a disable feature on this for ppl who don't like it.
  • Man I made a post asking for further UI improvments (namely item cool downs) and crickets.

Guess I just need to use reverse phycology, and post the exact opposite of what people want like OP.
  • Glad people like it! There are some further options we plan to add in the future :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • I actually like a lot, it reminds me when I need to recast. Love it.