Can we please cluster some of the BGs?

Hi,

What do you think about clustering some of the battlegrounds to improve population? Also maybe we can implement some sort of level scaling so if a BG is for lvls 39-49 all characters get a stat boost to a level 49 equivalent and con “yellow” for purposes of hit and damage bonuses.
Symonde (Cleric)
Symfriar (Friar duh)
Symsorc (Double duh)
Sympets (Theurg)
Symmond (Arms)
Some random mids and hibs
Tagged:

Comments

• Well, we would be of the hope that our F2P model, Endless Conquest, would increase population so doing something like reducing the size of a BG/NF map or what have you, may not be the right time to look at that.

1.125 and Endless Conquest is the current plan of action :smile:
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Has any thought been given to scaling lowbies in RvR similar like ESO does? Or is the expectation that 1-50 is so fast that it doesn’t make sense?
    Symonde (Cleric)
    Symfriar (Friar duh)
    Symsorc (Double duh)
    Sympets (Theurg)
    Symmond (Arms)
    Some random mids and hibs
  • The later, but f2p leveling will be slower (unsure of exact details of this as of yet).
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • If I had a choise to enter a 39-44 BG or a 39-49 BG I would not try the latter. So no, I think that wouldn't work well. I wouldn't want to fight someone with the level 49 specpoints when I am 10 levels below even if the only diference was specpoints. I wouldn't want to fight someone that has +10 over me in skills. 5 levels are a lot allready in my opinion.
  • The hope is that F2P will bring action to these other BGs.
  • I hope, your "Endless Conquest" helps the population. Maybe roll game back to SI days. Or bring back Caledonia (best BG ever).
  • The current battleground level ranges I feel are fine. Like Carol said, let's see what happens with the endless conquest campaign. If endless conquest wasn't a thing, I still don't see the need to mess with the battlegrounds. They provide a nice quiet place to level with the chance of some PVP.
  • think increasing the rr cap in there would bring more pop aswell =)
  • and it would drag pop from NF though. And with a higher population it would probably need more ressources to balance classes not only at level 50 but for the BGs too.

@Sym scaling lowbies wouldnt make much sense I guess, because even an unexperienced player can reach lvl 50 in about 5-6 hours without any struggles. And most important, the level alone wont help you to compete. Daoc is heavily based around your armor / jewelery and uses.
    Daoc Moderator

Join the official Daoc Discord: >> HERE <<
    Subscribe to the Newsletter: >> HERE <<
    Join our Devs/Knights on Twitch: >> HERE <<

Your Thread was closed to early? Feel free to PM me !
  • Don't combine bg's or change the level range to force people to go into a bg with people 10 levels higher. Instead leave the bg's as they are but remove the low end required level. For example: No one higher than level 39 can enter molvik, but anyone 39 and lower can enter. Gives you the option to play in the higher bg if you want but you are not forced to do so.
  • I would say leave the BGs as is.
    It's like when other games combined their BG areas and people left because of twinks at all levels.
    I like Badnagen's idea - if you want to go to a bigger BG early - let them go - but do not allow a situation where you force lower levels to farm - because they will not come.
  • the problem is you can force pvp (rvr) on people. either you want to do it or you dont, also this game has the twist of imbalances in rvr pop. you can be 1 of 3 people in a bg, and there may be a FG or two of the other realms, well, thats no fun, youre going to get rolled no matter what. they should make bg's instanced and try to have a more balanced population. also RIFT had a mercenary feature where you could play for the other team for that battle.
  • End Cathal valley and Leirvik and make Molvik a lot more fun guys, as used to be.
  • Molvik is getting some changes next patch so that'll be fun and we'll probs do a Molvik event.
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Molvik is getting some changes next patch so that'll be fun and we'll probs do a Molvik event.

That's interesting. Considering Molvik is one of the most popular battlegrounds I'm curious to see what effect the changes will have on its popularity.
  • F2P people go into a BG to level up to 50 the fastest possible, they hit Molvik and get camped at mob areas by temp'd toons. They go back to whatever game they came from because having to be in a game with cowards is not attractive. I know of at least a dozen of my WoW friends that came back to try DAoC again, and not only left quick, but bitched at me for suggesting it to them in the first place... LOL
  • Another thing that needs to be looked at is an increase in Dmg output for lvl 10 CK Lords and guards. In Leirvik there are some templated classes that can take a lvl 10 CK solo. This should not happen! Also, it would be nice to make CK's more like the keeps in NF by making hookpoints useable like they are in NF. Could use siege on CK towers and also, it would be nice if we could drop crafting stations in CK's. I know people in my guild, including myself, that would love to have this option.
  • Is part of the change for Molvik going to be removing the PVE part of taking CK? I was really put off by the fact that PVE was added as part of the RVR experience.
  • The only thing i dont like about the ck changes is that its makes it impossible to defend the keep with casters or by your self if someone takes the merc camp all the merc in the keep will change side and agro you from anywhere so if your a solo caster or you will get killed they hit way to hard and keel you rupted not rvan a tempt sm with block pet and life tap can servive and if im not mestacken they respawn back in sode the keep

Only way i can see to fix that is to lower ther con for resistance purposes and make it so they dont rupt casters over and over again

I like the idea of the mercs just think they need to be tuned down a bit