Heretic snare

edited November 2018 in General Board
Heretic are out of control now , this snare duration really need to look at .
Post edited by Hellblast on

Comments

• I don't think so
  • You probably playing alb
  • I'm playing Hib ^^
  • What’s the range let’s compare to Skalds that you can spam until it lands
  • edited November 2018 PM
    Does that one break on combat (tic)?
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Heretics have been retardedly boosted to levels that boggles any one with more than 5 brain cells....or Alb. But BS thought this was "balance" bahhhahhahaha
  • Tanky wrote: »
    Heretics have been retardedly boosted to levels that boggles any one with more than 5 brain cells....or Alb. But BS thought this was "balance" bahhhahhahaha

Facts please. Your personal opinion aside, there hasn't been remotely enough time for enough data to accumulate to support or refute your claim.

Honestly your "consideration" of balanced would be Albion and Hibernia burnt to the ground, so your opinions can hardly be considered anything but extreme bias.
  • Hellblast wrote: »
    Heretic are out of control now , this snare duration really need to look at .

You can get 10 earth wizards to essentially do the same thing, 10 eldritch's to aoe disease aoe dd/snare, 10 runemasters to aoe dd/snare.

"Heretic are out of control now".... based off of what exactly?
    "this snare duration really need to look at".... I agree, and clearly BS did as well and looked at it last patch and felt it needed altered.
    On it's own it's strong, but considering how weak Alb is as a realm otherwise, it's worth waiting to see how things pan out.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Not sure why everyone was surprised at how stupid snare duration increase was. I noticed it as soon as the patch notes were released on pendragon. I’ve been making fun of the changes since then and seems no one really caught on. No sense playing a melee class for me on mid til this is nerfed. Guess I’ll try out my op’d thane now
  • Burkley.... You said it... Watch a tank train on this toon with the highest Absorb and AF plus PD and they do little damage. Them they pop ST and your tanks are now useless.
    Burkley.... You said it... Watch a tank train on this toon with the highest Absorb and AF plus PD and they do little damage. Them they pop ST and your tanks are now useless.

Good thing you have 3 charge tanks!
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Good thing charge is permanent, like the immobility they have when stuck in the cluster of st’s and snare
  • It lasts long enough to get away from the big bubble :)
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • That's if they don't use it for the first wave of CC.
    BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    Not really

You can walk out of ST before it actually hits, even if you're in the middle. With Charge, neither stun nor snare are an issue. Not a cakewalk, but Charge will get you out of the snare and let you interrupt the Tics... unless there are 10+ of them, lol
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • no sense arguing with you
  • You move at, I think, 268 units base, without sprint, per second.

With Charge you can close 1650 range in 3-4 seconds. Moving out of ST is a non-issue. Once it's down and you get snared again, that's a diff story.
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Paper DAOC is wonderful
  • Delete all the other comments folks, that's the answer to the OP!
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • BurkleyRIP wrote: »
    no sense arguing with you

ah, i'm not the only person it seems that feels that arguing with ylazul and amphetamin is a waste of time then ?
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    Muylae wrote: »

ah, i'm not the only person it seems that feels that arguing with ylazul and amphetamin is a waste of time then ?

I'm fine with Heretics being adjusted down if the rest of Alb is brought up to par at the same time. All bad/neglected lines for that matter, like Runemaster Darkness and Shaman Mending.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Ylazul wrote: »

I'm fine with Heretics being adjusted down if the rest of Alb is brought up to par at the same time. All bad/neglected lines for that matter, like Runemaster Darkness and Shaman Mending.

heretics need a nerf, this patch was retarded to release.

Just for humor, I'd love to hear what exactly Alb needs....
    I also thought, based soley on the patch notes, that tics will be way over the top. They were already super powerful classes to begin with and they received bonuses in the patch. However, I do agree with @Ylazul that before BS nerfs or changes anything lets see how they perform. I do see some nerfs coming for them in the near future.
    Post edited by RonELuvv on
  • I would assume ST is fine then on heretics, might as well take weapon spec then how dare they hit you while stunned or snared for that matter!
    Tanky wrote: »
    Ylazul wrote: »

Nope, Heretics don't need a nerf until either the other realms are nerfed or Alb gets a few minor buffs.

Arms/Pally - they pay 2x spec points for 2h. Give a few tweaks to 2H and Polearm growth rates and style effects.
    Cleric - Smite line is the worst out of Nature/Cave/Smite, by far. Even Stormcalling is superior to Smite, and it's a 2.0 line.
    Sorcs - Body and Matter line could use some buffs. Minor ones in Body.
    Cab - Body and Spirit line could use 1 or 2 more spells in spec. Spirit needs more baseline spells to put it on par with SM/Chanter.
    Wizard - Fire needs some buffs unrelated to single target damage. Utility or niche AOE. Earth utility could be improved a small amount if we're using non-Alb casters as a measuring stick. Ice is OK, but messy.
    Necro - Absorb buffs aren't working; could use some damage type integration to Alb nuke trains
    Theurgist - Remove pet cap. Never needed to go in. Add some spells to Air and Ice not related to pet spam, and make higher level ice pet damage scale slightly. I've always suggested some AOE storms, which were sort of made into reality on the BD with their totems later on.
    Minstrel - Maybe make some of the songs/abilities a little more hybrid friendly.
    Reaver - Levi and Cobra were nerfed too hard.
    Scout - Scouts should have slightly higher range and slower bows as they did before, preferably by reverting the others down back to their old levels.

That's more or less it. We'd still have to re-adjust Warlocks, Skalds, BDs, Thanes and Hunters slightly. Down and up. Likewise Hib casters should get either a stun or a root, not both.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler

Nope, Heretics don't need a nerf until either the other realms are nerfed or Alb gets a few minor buffs.

Arms/Pally - they pay 2x spec points for 2h. Give a few tweaks to 2H and Polearm growth rates and style effects.
    Cleric - Smite line is the worst out of Nature/Cave/Smite, by far. Even Stormcalling is superior to Smite, and it's a 2.0 line.
    Cab - Body and Spirit line could use 1 or 2 more spells in spec. Spirit needs more baseline spells to put it on par with SM/Chanter.
    Wizard - Fire needs some buffs unrelated to single target damage. Utility or niche AOE. Earth utility could be improved a small amount if we're using non-Alb casters as a measuring stick. Ice is OK, but messy. Overall poorly integrated into debuff trains as well.
    Necro - Absorb buffs aren't working; could use some damage type integration to Alb nuke trains
    Theurgist - Remove pet cap. Never needed to go in. Add some spells to Air and Ice not related to pet spam, and make higher level ice pet damage scale slightly. I've always suggested some AOE storms, which were sort of made into reality on the BD with their totems later on.
    Minstrel - Maybe make some of the songs/abilities a little more hybrid friendly.
    Scout - Scouts should have slightly higher range and slower bows as they did before, preferably by reverting the others down back to their old levels.

That's more or less it. We'd still have to re-adjust Warlocks, Skalds, BDs, Thanes and Hunters slightly. Down and up. Likewise Hib casters should get either a stun or a root, not both.

Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Thank you Yiazul for your intelligent and well thought out appraisal of where alb classes are at the moment.
    I would have to agree with all of what you say about time it was put into words what alb actually needs as a realm.
  • I can't speak for Theurgists but regarding the other casters (Cabalists, Sorcerers, and Wizards), they don't need anything else at the moment. While I agree that the Matter spec line for Sorc is bland (an AoE Snare/DD would be cool), they are a solid class. All three Wizard specs are viable, at least in my experience. Body Cabalists are definitely solid for soloing. I've had the most success soloing with that spec than any other Alb caster I've played. Spirit Cabalists give up their pet for more damage and damage reduction along with the bonus of debuffing their own damage. The trade-off is sound and works well with Body trains.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Snaillyn wrote: »
    I would assume ST is fine then on heretics, might as well take weapon spec then how dare they hit you while stunned or snared for that matter!

Agreed. I'm fine w/ tics having ST. I'm also not calling for a nerf right away. See how they perform and do minor nerfs to bring them in line if needed.

Wizard - Fire needs some buffs unrelated to single target damage. Utility or niche AOE. Earth utility could be improved a small amount if we're using non-Alb casters as a measuring stick. Ice is OK, but messy.

I don't know if that is how "balance" in this game works. You can't say, "Well all of our classes suck so we should get 1 super class..." I believe the proper approach would be to work on some big and glaring needs on certain classes that you think are vastly under performing rather than saying that you should get 1 super class, or even focusing on way over powered abilities that other realms get. Also, just to play devils advocate here, if Albion is lacking so poorly than how does Nate have an alleged (by him) 90% win percentage?

Arms: Won't comment on as I don't play one and don't fight enough say. Maybe make snapshot a bit easier to spec or even make it free.
    Pally: Fine. Nothing at all wrong with this class. I play one and its a beast.
    Sorcs: Fine. They have great group utility and dps to boot.
    Cab: Might use a few tweaks, but overall a fine class as well. Quit using class to class comparisons, that is not how this game works and you have been critical of Mids doing this. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    Wizard: See @Huehuaehue and tell me that class is weak. Just because all 3 specs aren't optimal doesn't mean it needs buffed. If Ice is the optimal spec then spec ice. Simple.
    Necro: Seriously?! They need nothing. They are finally acting like a normal toon in this game rather than the op'd thing they were.
    Theurg: Fine. They need nothing. Maybe one of the best lock down group classes in the game.
    Minstril: I will admit they could use a lil group love, but need to be careful because too many changes could put them over the top.
    Reaver: Needs nothing. Its one of the most powerful hybrids in the game.
    Scout: Nope. They don't need higher range or slower bows. They had it at one point because hunters/rangers had self buffs and scouts didn't. Now all ranged stealthers get the same self buffs. Scouts are the weakest of the ranged stealthers, but Albs have access to 3 stealthers vs the 2 stealthers Mids/Hibs have access to. That has to be taken into account when talking balance in the stealther warfare of the game.

Just my 2 cents. For a guy who has been going after Midgard for playing the whole "My realm doesn't have X, Y, and Z so we should all get that while nobody should get what makes Midgard unique," you seem to be just fine doing the same. Pretty hypocritical, and this is coming from the guy who agreed with everything you were saying in regards to the Mids complaining about savages having to spec for wall climb.

Post edited by RonELuvv on

so much LOL that this cant be serious
    I can't speak for Theurgists but regarding the other casters (Cabalists, Sorcerers, and Wizards), they don't need anything else at the moment. While I agree that the Matter spec line for Sorc is bland (an AoE Snare/DD would be cool), they are a solid class. All three Wizard specs are viable, at least in my experience. Body Cabalists are definitely solid for soloing. I've had the most success soloing with that spec than any other Alb caster I've played. Spirit Cabalists give up their pet for more damage and damage reduction along with the bonus of debuffing their own damage. The trade-off is sound and works well with Body trains.

"Solid' and "viable" are meaningless tbh, you can say this about almost every single spec and class in the game. In my design perspective a class should be made to be as fun as possible without being overbearing or annoying to enemies, and each baseline and specline should be balanced ability for ability, point for point based on spec point cost. On all those fronts, the current state of the classes/lines I mentioned can't be justified. The Spirit Cab buffs are not substantial enough to trade a pet for. Look at any of the non-Alb debuff lines, or the other two pet caster pet speclines. There's something missing. Specifically, something not related to the debuff trains should be added. The old pet haste was nice, I don't see why it was stolen and given to Druids.
    RonELuvv wrote: »
    I don't know if that is how "balance" in this game works. You can't say, "Well all of our classes suck so we should get 1 super class..." I believe the proper approach would be to work on some big and glaring needs on certain classes that you think are vastly under performing rather than saying that you should get 1 super class, or even focusing on way over powered abilities that other realms get. Also, just to play devils advocate here, if Albion is lacking so poorly than how does Nate have an alleged (by him) 90% win percentage?

Arms: Won't comment on as I don't play one and don't fight enough say. Maybe make snapshot a bit easier to spec or even make it free.
    Pally: Fine. Nothing at all wrong with this class. I play one and its a beast.
    Sorcs: Fine. They have great group utility and dps to boot.
    Cab: Might use a few tweaks, but overall a fine class as well. Quit using class to class comparisons, that is not how this game works and you have been critical of Mids doing this. 2 wrongs don't make a right.
    Wizard: See @Huehuaehue and tell me that class is weak. Just because all 3 specs aren't optimal doesn't mean it needs buffed. If Ice is the optimal spec then spec ice. Simple.
    Necro: Seriously?! They need nothing. They are finally acting like a normal toon in this game rather than the op'd thing they were.
    Theurg: Fine. They need nothing. Maybe one of the best lock down group classes in the game.
    Minstril: I will admit they could use a lil group love, but need to be careful because too many changes could put them over the top.
    Reaver: Needs nothing. Its one of the most powerful hybrids in the game.
    Scout: Nope. They don't need higher range or slower bows. They had it at one point because hunters/rangers had self buffs and scouts didn't. Now all ranged stealthers get the same self buffs. Scouts are the weakest of the ranged stealthers, but Albs have access to 3 stealthers vs the 2 stealthers Mids/Hibs have access to. That has to be taken into account when talking balance in the stealther warfare of the game.

Just my 2 cents. For a guy who has been going after Midgard for playing the whole "My realm doesn't have X, Y, and Z so we should all get that while nobody should get what makes Midgard unique," you seem to be just fine doing the same. Pretty hypocritical, and this is coming from the guy who agreed with everything you were saying in regards to the Mids complaining about savages having to spec for wall climb.

Unfortunately, it is how politics works and thus how game balance works. You need leverage to force an issue. What I want to see is 1) no class mirroring 2) balanced speclines across the board, class for class, ability for ability, spec for spec. Makes it easier to move forward with 3) classes should be as unique, fun and well-defined as possible, and fun to play against as a challenge. There's space for change across the entire game, not just limited to Alb. For example I'd like to see Shaman Mend perform like a 1.0 spec healing spec, not necessarily with Spread Heal but something equivalent. I like FnF healing pets, just a pet idea of mine.

For Armsmen, I'd go with just the growth rates because on principle if you're forced to double spec, you should get something out of it. Not necessarily 2x, because that would be overpowered, but slightly boosted growth rates in Pole/2H vs. single spec lines, as well as more style options would be nice. Here and there, not the entire line. As for Xbow and Snapshot, as well as Thrown in Mid, cost spec points and so should be worth a bit more.

The same applies to Pallies, they're good but good for reasons other than 2h. Slight buffs to growth rates/styles and other benefits would be fair from a double spec.

Sorcs, Matter could be fixed with a few minor tweaks as well as Body. Specifically, something that would make a Body/Matter Sorc a viable, unique and interesting debuff nuker.

Cabs, see my above response. Nothing necessarily related to debuff trains, and nothing huge for Body Spec.

Theurgs were fine before they were nerfed. Revert them to that level of fine rather than this level of fine. A group that has PBAE confuse, PBAE scare and 1 or 2 casted Confuse and lets a Theurg pet live longer than a few seconds is asleep at the wheel. And again, I'd say something not related to pet spam interrupts. Something niche and siege oriented, with minor increases to ice pet damage.

Minstrel, I'd recommend something like turning de-mezz into a 5s RUT instant, and replacing the casted instrument buffs or shortening their cast time if not. It's not so much of a performance tweak but just a hybrid issue.

Reaver, technically any hybrid is one of the most powerful hybrids in the game. It's certainly not superior to Vales, Thanes, Valks, Vamps, Pallies, Champs, or Skalds. It might just be a "fit" thing.

Scout, the status quo was balanced. They didn't trade better bows (only slightly, mind you) for self buffs, but rather Hunters had weaker ones because of the pet and *maybe* self-speed they shared with Rangers. Shield is a nice tool, but like with many things on Alb, it's awkward for the class its on and the role they should be taking in a group.

The list is a list, so of course it drags on, but I similar lists for Mid and Hib specs that could use tune-ups.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler

/facepalm

Ylazul must be hanging with Nate too much. Sounds just like him. Although Ylazul puts a lot more effort into his baits and trolls. Nate just puts a couple words
    Post edited by BurkleyRIP on
    Ylazul must be hanging with Nate too much. Sounds just like him

/agree
  • Daelin wrote: »
    Ylazul must be hanging with Nate too much. Sounds just like him

/agree

Ditto

Unfortunately, it is how politics works and thus how game balance works. You need leverage to force an issue. What I want to see is 1) no class mirroring 2) balanced speclines across the board, class for class, ability for ability, spec for spec. Makes it easier to move forward with 3) classes should be as unique, fun and well-defined as possible, and fun to play against as a challenge.

Those 3 things cannot all exist at the same time. #2 IS class mirroring. #3 Is what we have now.

Never mind the fact that what you are asking for is a complete overhaul of the skill/RA's in all 3 realms. It would be starting all over from scratch and I would quit in a heartbeat if they did that. If they were ever going to do this they would be better off shutting down the server and making DAoC 2 instead.
    "Solid' and "viable" are meaningless tbh, you can say this about almost every single spec and class in the game. In my design perspective a class should be made to be as fun as possible without being overbearing or annoying to enemies, and each baseline and specline should be balanced ability for ability, point for point based on spec point cost. On all those fronts, the current state of the classes/lines I mentioned can't be justified. The Spirit Cab buffs are not substantial enough to trade a pet for. Look at any of the non-Alb debuff lines, or the other two pet caster pet speclines. There's something missing. Specifically, something not related to the debuff trains should be added. The old pet haste was nice, I don't see why it was stolen and given to Druids.

Okay, I will give you that stating a spec/class as "solid" or "viable" is subjective. I am basing my claims on how well they perform in my hands. However, I definitely wouldn't claim every spec/class combo in the game as solid.

Your approach behind balancing classes heavily relies on comparing them to the other Realms. This is fine when you are comparing the Realms as a whole but it doesn't work well on a class by class basis. Unique abilities are necessary to prevent mirroring.

What is your basis for claiming that the Spirit Cabalist buff is an insufficient trade for a pet? I concede that for this spec to be viable you need some RR to minimize damage variance but that doesn't mean the pet sacrifice isn't justified. I wouldn't be Body spec if I could have a pet as a Spirit Cabalist.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
    RonELuvv wrote: »

Those 3 things cannot all exist at the same time. #2 IS class mirroring. #3 Is what we have now.

It is not. When I say ability for ability, I mean you can look at one line and another and say "on balance, they're equally fun and viable, but cater to different situations and playstyles." As an example, I'd say Theurg Air and Theurg Ice are my idea of two lines that are roughly equivalent. They stack up to one another, ability for ability, point for point, but each have their unique flavor and niches. A player should be able to pick up a class, look at each line, and feel like they're making meaningful choices between several that they will enjoy. Ideally you'd be able to mix and match specs with at least a dozen viable, but not overpowered, specs available to you.
    Never mind the fact that what you are asking for is a complete overhaul of the skill/RA's in all 3 realms. It would be starting all over from scratch and I would quit in a heartbeat if they did that. If they were ever going to do this they would be better off shutting down the server and making DAoC 2 instead.

I don't mean doing this overnight, but bit by bit with testing and feedback stages. In broad strokes, I'm saying that's what I feel would be the best design principles for any game.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
    I guess everyone loving the TICs I wonder why?
    Post edited by Clumsy on
    image.png 1017.1K
  • Damn shame that everyone had to whine about minstrels getting static tempest and cause this Heretic apocalypse. Just kidding...actually makes me laugh.
  • It’s heretic pocolypse because they added too much over the top stuff to them at once, doesn’t mean minstrels were a better choice. Pally would have been the best
    It’s heretic pocolypse because they added too much over the top stuff to them at once, doesn’t mean minstrels were a better choice. Pally would have been the best

This. Giving to minis would have been just as OP as giving to the Tics. Now Tics are practically melee immune as well as magic immune. Good job BS. Well thought out....
  • give st to clumsy :)
  • Muylae wrote: »

Lol whenever you actually feel like posting something relevant we can "argue". I generally just disagree with your QQ posts regarding savages and warlocks being "nerfed".
  • Amp can at least see some of the other side, ylazul, not so much :open_mouth:
    It’s heretic pocolypse because they added too much over the top stuff to them at once, doesn’t mean minstrels were a better choice. Pally would have been the best

This. Giving to minis would have been just as OP as giving to the Tics. Now Tics are practically melee immune as well as magic immune. Good job BS. Well thought out....

/sigh do you have any actual data or are you just gonna spam nonsense?
  • How about something like this:
    Remember the good fights at Draco and the great loot we rolled on? What if there were a mob, one of those big electrical-type things in the Labby, that had to be killed which would drop an item with some charges on it that gave the owner a the ability to use a Static Tempest? Some type of RVR activity that was off limits to farming teams that dropped an item very important to relic taking which has a limit to the time it can be used, say a week.
    You want Static? You win it!