Live Server Downtime for Patch 1.125

edited November 2018 in General Board
The Ywain and Gaheris servers will be coming down tomorrow, November 13th (5:45 AM EST / 10:45 AM GMT) to deploy Patch 1.125!

Developer's Note:
  • All bounty points will be capped at 500,000 bounty points on each character when the servers come back up tomorrow so please consider this your last warning and chance to spend any extra bounty points!
    • Additionally, the bounty merchants will no longer sell their trophies or tokens once the patch is live.

Check out the full patch notes by clicking here!

Highlights
  • Race, Gender, and Name change services are now available for purchase at the Mithril shop!
  • Your votes have been tallied and 2 new race/class combinations are now available in each realm!
  • Earn end-game gear exclusively through RvR with the new Bountycrafting system!
  • Keep difficulty, ram and siege tower adjustments plus new gatehouse doors spice up siege warfare!
  • Check out the new dynamic objective system in the Molvik battleground!
  • New streamlined RvR quests and rewards await!
  • Buggane’s Obelisk is now found on Ellan Vannin permanently!
  • The Ruined Areas in the Frontier have been significantly expanded and improved!
  • Client improvements and crash fixes galore!
  • Stay on top of the new class adjustments and read the notes!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• Patch tomorrow. Sucks I won’t be able to get on to try some stuff :(
  • Pumped for tomorrow but still want viper 5 100%!
  • Going through with this after all the complaints.... Geesh
  • They are putting it out now but i will expect some changes in the upcoming weeks
  • Live servers Ywain and Gaheris are now down for Patch 1.125! We'll keep you updated throughout the day
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • edited November 2018 PM
    @Carol_Broadsword
    Mind explaining to me and others why heretics are getting the highest absorb in the game, and coupled with 25% buff bonus, now the highest AF in the game, PLUS Static tempest? This class got heavily buffed last patch. And now, all this coupled with PD9, RR5, BA, reduced timer on snare, plus all their other goodies...this class will be god mode. Surely you can see this....
    Post edited by Tanky on
  • It will be more evident when it goes live
  • There are concerns from all realms on various balance changes, but at this point lets just see what happens. :)

At least these stuff can be hotfixed if anything goes bad.
  • Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword
    Mind explaining to me and others why heretics are getting the highest absorb in the game, and coupled with 25% buff bonus, now the highest AF in the game, PLUS Static tempest? This class got heavily buffed last patch. And now, all this coupled with PD9, RR5, BA, reduced timer on snare, plus all their other goodies...this class will be god mode. Surely you can see this....

Would you rather ST go back to minstrels?
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • What does a mithril cost? Is it real money or bounty points?
    Cartoan wrote: »
    What does a mithril cost? Is it real money or bounty points?

Good question with a tricky answer. Mithril in todays games terms is a currency bought with real money and used for transmutations and other cash shop purchases. Mithril used to be a mythical currency that could not be attained (per your character anyway). It was the roll over number after you would hit 999.999.999 platinum, but since they hard coded the characters not to be able to go over 201 plat, then it was always a fictional currency imho.

Short answer to your question :smile:

425 Mithril = $4.99
    975 Mithril = $9.99
    2,200 Mithril = $19.99
    5,750 Mithril = $49.99
    Post edited by Sleepwell on
  • Just to clarify on that, if you purchase 425 Mithril you are not able to convert that into 425,000 plat.
  • Prices in Canadian

425 Mithril = $6.49
    975 Mithril = $12.99
    2,200 Mithril = $25.99
    5,750 Mithril = $64.99
  • Servers are back online with Patch 1.125! :)
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
    Tanky wrote: »
    @Carol_Broadsword

I don't see you complaining about Thanes getting a 1700 range, 212 energy damage, 2.4s cast DD.

But I have both a Thane and Tic so lol
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • I can’t wait to respec my thane to full cast ra’s. With dragon crest I was over 300 pie on my frosty
  • Thanks didn't need the boost. But to your point, by us getting that boost, the timeres chained lightning. So slight Nerf
    Out of the box I think Thanes match cloth caster DPS now with their nuke, exceed it with self debuff or instas (excluding Doom Hammer). Even with the bonus dex/acuity from levels, Shaman acuity and 5% base crit.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Ah nope, apologies.

Servers coming down for a bit to resolve a server crash!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Awesomesauce with a side of kick-a$$!!! So excited for this patch for numerous reasons. I love the idea of making buggane back in EV all the time, making gear purchasable with BP's, the new ruined areas are much bigger, and I hope some of the new fixes correct some big bugs! Great job BS!!
    @Carol_Broadsword

You have to template for 25% buff bonus. Highest absorbtion (potential) and AF (potential) also requires template (can I please see actual numbers?). Static tempest was given to them due to Minstrils being considered too powerful of a class (you also complained mightily then). Heretics received slight "buffs" to allow for a slightly wider array of spec options. PD9 requires RA rank to reach. RR5 requires realm rank to obtain.

I don't think anyone can "see" anything except you blindly throwing out what you consider to be "facts" without any relevant data to support your claims.
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Awesomesauce with a side of kick-a$$!!! So excited for this patch for numerous reasons. I love the idea of making buggane back in EV all the time, making gear purchasable with BP's, the new ruined areas are much bigger, and I hope some of the new fixes correct some big bugs! Great job BS!!

first thing i saw when i logged on was buggane obelix reubble appeared in hvaedrunr hill ...

then i went oceanus and started fighting hibs there, rofl.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • "Servers coming down for a bit to resolve a server crash!"

Just had a guildy log in, port to Oceanus, and was able to target the NPCs and kill some albs.
    (Toa open to all realms would be fun. wouldn't it)?

The Viking invasion is on !!!

...delayed, srvr down again. Back to the meadhall.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Founder/GM of Ásatrúar, guild of Miðgarðr
    In defense of the Original Spirit of Daoc
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    True to Miðgarðr c.2001
    daocutils.com/chimp/jlfrthjo
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • Hell Yeah!! Naval Action would be SWEET!!!
  • @Amp_Phetamine
    Stop trying to act like a noob dude....we both know any one can swap in stardrop or any other items for the self buff. And btw, my ticket is rr8+ so I know what the class is capable off. So I'm not blind. Secondly, why rank Garner's the Ras needed, we both know anything can be RR5 in a weekend if not one solid night. So again, I speak from experience.
    @Carol_Broadsword

Heretics will have around 77 more AF after this patch, which is not the highest in the game. Try any Hib scale class with Enchanter AF buff up. And Warlocks get the same 33 absorb, and they have a baseline absorb, in a line with major heal, spread heal, group heal, DoTs that do thousands of cumulative damage, a group heal buff, instant PBAE hot, and all sorts of other nonsense I'm not going to bother to list.

Yes, Heretics are a powerful class, but the rest of Alb is overshadowed after 10 years of Midgard whining instead of learning how to play the game.
    Post edited by Ylazul on
    Minstrel. Thane, Druid
    Heretic, BD, Animist
    Mauler
  • Just going to throw it out there that "whining" isn't realm specific. I like the patch notes over all. Regarding class balance, I think providing a rationale explaining changes helps a lot in terms of having a meaningful discussion with the player base. The last Grab Bag did a good job with that and I hope it continues.
    "The grab bag isn't for explaining every single class change decision or reasoning or that's all we would ever do." - John_Broadsword
    "The type of of dev communication of 30 mins a day updates mentioned here just isn't feasible." - Carol_Broadsword
    "Our Studio. Our Rules." - http://www.mythicentertainment.com/
  • Just going to throw it out there that "whining" isn't realm specific. I like the patch notes over all. Regarding class balance, I think providing a rationale explaining changes helps a lot in terms of having a meaningful discussion with the player base. The last Grab Bag did a good job with that and I hope it continues.

Agree

Agree + 2
  • "Static Tempest’s stun duration on each pulse has been reduced from 3s to 2s. The frequency of each pulse remains once every 5s"

Last minute change there. What feedback led to that I wonder?
  • Sleepwell wrote: »
    Cartoan wrote: »
    What does a mithril cost? Is it real money or bounty points?

Good question with a tricky answer. Mithril in todays games terms is a currency bought with real money and used for transmutations and other cash shop purchases. Mithril used to be a mythical currency that could not be attained (per your character anyway). It was the roll over number after you would hit 999.999.999 platinum, but since they hard coded the characters not to be able to go over 201 plat, then it was always a fictional currency imho.

Short answer to your question :smile:

425 Mithril = $4.99
    975 Mithril = $9.99
    2,200 Mithril = $19.99
    5,750 Mithril = $49.99

Thanks. I was hoping I could change my Celt hero into a mino but the cost is prohibitive.
    @Amp_Phetamine
    Stop trying to act like a noob dude....we both know any one can swap in stardrop or any other items for the self buff. And btw, my ticket is rr8+ so I know what the class is capable off. So I'm not blind. Secondly, why rank Garner's the Ras needed, we both know anything can be RR5 in a weekend if not one solid night. So again, I speak from experience.

If this was PC I'd be taking a much different approach; however, please try to consider all of your own realms advantages before you blindly start throwing out non-factual, statistic-less paper DAoC complaints with absolutely no validity associated with them. It's getting to the point of spam complaining and I hope the mods would request a toning down.
    @Amp_Phetamine

If this was PC I'd be taking a much different approach; however, please try to consider all of your own realms advantages before you blindly start throwing out non-factual, statistic-less paper DAoC complaints with absolutely no validity associated with them. It's getting to the point of spam complaining and I hope the mods would request a toning down.

Like you don't spam the forums with toxic vitriol.
  • We've identified the fix for the crash and should have things up SOON (yep). Hopefully within the next hour or so. Have to do a few tests first!
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • What ever your say, I provided facts. And like I said I have a tic. I know what's coming to this class
  • RonELuvv wrote: »
    Awesomesauce with a side of kick-a$$!!! So excited for this patch for numerous reasons. I love the idea of making buggane back in EV all the time, making gear purchasable with BP's, the new ruined areas are much bigger, and I hope some of the new fixes correct some big bugs! Great job BS!!

Yaaah, buddyyyyy.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    RonELuvv wrote: »

first thing i saw when i logged on was buggane obelix reubble appeared in hvaedrunr hill ...

then i went oceanus and started fighting hibs there, rofl.

Thanks, that made me laugh!!
  • Damascus wrote: »
    @Amp_Phetamine

Like you don't spam the forums with toxic vitriol.

See this is literally what I'm talking about.
  • Thanks Carol for the update.
  • How long more ? :(
    We want to play !
  • Just asking, how about a little RP-Bonus for 24 hours or something alike? I'm not horny for RP's ;)
  • Things are looking good, and we're almost there! Thanks so much again for your patience <3
    DAoC Community Lead
    Broadsword Online Games
  • Things are looking good, and we're almost there! Thanks so much again for your patience <3

500% RP bonus will be in effect for the next week upon completion of server maintenance! Thank you all again!

Thank you Beibs! <3
  • Servers will be down until Thursday night, sorry guys

noooo

• Servers will be down until Thursday night, sorry guys

noooo

Stop stirring the pot Pain! Jeez
  • Jak wrote: »
    Servers will be down until Thursday night, sorry guys

noooo

It'll be ok sweetie, I cant wait until we can get in-game again together.

@Jak awww thanks <3
  • KoeKoe
    edited November 2018 PM
    Servers are showing up now but you still can't log in.
    Post edited by Koe on

• Jak wrote: »
    Servers will be down until Thursday night, sorry guys

noooo

It'll be ok sweetie, I cant wait until we can get in-game again together.

@Jak awww thanks <3

You tried once to get me behind Nott...not happening :) Still <3 you though.