Ywain Question​

Hail and well met, all,

I'm a recently returned Gaheris player, and of course I've noticed the lack of players.

From everything I'm reading, the Ywain servers are far more populated.

I have no desire to PvP/RvR, (no need to go into reasons, I just don't care for it), and I moved to Gaheris the day it went online.

I love being able to explore all 3 realms on any given character; taking my Albs into Mid and doing their quests, exploring their world and lore.

In my other thread Calconious mentioned that on Ywain you can explore all three realms, just not make inter-realm groups.

So, does this mean I can take my Alb into Mid without being killed by guards? Take Mid quests and do them?

If so, I may play on Ywain, and just enjoy my PvE there.

Thank you for taking time to help.

Take care,
Rokal

Comments

• Afraid not, you'd need to make a mid to play in midland, alb in alb etc, unless you plan on going into the rvr zones.

Unsure how Gaheris is setup, but there is a new frontiers, where each realm has it's "home land" but any realm has access to it, open area etc.

While there are people pve'ing in ywain, you'll find it's mostly in battle grounds as people level up (you go to different battle ground depending on your level) or in rvr zone like Passage of Conflict (PoC) / DF

You still have the option to pve in safe land within each realm itself without being in the rvr zone much like I suspect exists on Gaheris but only with that realms class
    AlbionExiles (Warden) | AlbionExecutioner (Champion) | AlbionExile (Bainshee)
    TheWayForward
  • Rokal wrote: »
    Hail and well met, all,

I'm a recently returned Gaheris player, and of course I've noticed the lack of players.

From everything I'm reading, the Ywain servers are far more populated.

I have no desire to PvP/RvR, (no need to go into reasons, I just don't care for it), and I moved to Gaheris the day it went online.

I love being able to explore all 3 realms on any given character; taking my Albs into Mid and doing their quests, exploring their world and lore.

In my other thread Calconious mentioned that on Ywain you can explore all three realms, just not make inter-realm groups.

So, does this mean I can take my Alb into Mid without being killed by guards? Take Mid quests and do them?

If so, I may play on Ywain, and just enjoy my PvE there.

Thank you for taking time to help.

Take care,
    Rokal

Ya I didn't word that too well, sorry. What I meant to say was you can create a character on all 3 realms all on the same Ywain server ( or different doesn't matter ), but you cannot take a mid for example into alb/hib and explore their zones like you can on Gaheris as well as not being able to form groups consisting of all 3 realm's classes. There are a few exceptions where the zone is shared like DF, PoC, and Labby..in these you can go to the other realms side, but you have to enter from your own realm... and make your way through to the other side. If you try to exit in another realms port... you will be directed back to your own realm.

I'm kinda rambling on and probably causing more confusion, but basically If you want your Alb to explore all 3 realms and complete quests from other realms... then you will need to play Gaheris.

Ywain isn't too bad though.. you can still PvE and explore your home realm and avoid all PvP if you want to....but the majority of people still playing DAoC are here for the PvP/RvR!

Tral