there is one class in the game that can't do damage....

13»

Comments

• lets just all come together and bond over some rippin !

• Faz wrote: »
    I think people are overlooking my wizard not having greater heals.

Don't forget both instant and castable AOE Stun for Sorcs.
  • Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear where do you start with this one.
    The idea of giving healers a form of damage highlights to everyone as this post shows the high utility of mid groups now.
    It also highlights why the Zerg and casual players are playing mid in such huge numbers as has been highlighted by recent population figures.
    The patch that gave healers speed six and most charge tanks charge 5 fundamentally changed the balance of the game.
    It technically meant that for the first time a mid group could run without a dedicated speed class.
    It’s something that’s been kept very quiet but has effected rvr massively.

Utility and ease of group setting up increased hugely on midgard.
    To give healers damage now would seriously unbalance the realms even more.
    The main realm that has suffered from these recent changes is Albion and giving the minstrel aoe stun and a castable 2.5 speed mez would go some way to restoring the balance obviously this couldn’t be available if the minstrel was specced in stealth.
    I seriously nearly choked on my porridge when I read this and had to go and take a lie down in a dark room with a copy of siege craft monthly!
  • Xyorman wrote: »
    Minibard wrote: »
    Healer is not a druid,. If you want heals, dps and pet, play druid.
    Thats what is unique about this game, all classes are , wait for it...., different!! Stop trying to make them all the same. Not all classes are suppose to be solo classes.

So what would be the other toon in the game that has zero ability to solo?? That's right, there isn't any.....one of these things is not like all the others ... just one....

next we will rename them from 'Healer' to "Dpser'
  • Muylae wrote: »
    give healers a charmable pet, which according to me fits completely into their background.

PAC is all about mind control.

let them charm mobs and give them some offensive capability.

100% false and misleading ... you have a hammer
    Muylae wrote: »
    maybe i should have called this thread 'there is one class in the game that can't do damage and can't solo'.

Healers can solo, Saw one do it the other day. It just takes a while.

P.S. I thought this tread started out as a joke. Obviously there are some people w/ unrealistic expectations.
    ~Westies
  • Should i make a solo healer just to show the people its possible ?
  • The Band of Stars has a bolt. There ya go.
  • Etheraa wrote: »
    Should i make a solo healer just to show the people its possible ?

Plz do to shut up the QQ.
    ~Westies
  • There is only one class in the game that in spite of a lack of DPS:

1. Is constantly the top earning class for RPs in the entire game.

2. Guaranteed 2x slots in every mid group.

3. Has access to pretty much every form of CC imaginable.
    Instant single target mez
    Instant AOE mez
    Castable AOE mez
    Instant singlet target stun
    Instant AOE stun
    Castable AOE stun
    Castable single target stun
    Castable AOE amnesia
    Castable single target root
    Zephyer

4. Has access to pretty much every form of support imaginable.
    Water breath
    Single target heals
    Group heals
    Spread heals
    Instant heals
    Buffs (including celerity)
    Divine intervention
    Perfect Recovery
    Demez
    Cure disease
    Cure poison
    Cure nearsight
    Castable rez
    Power regen (crack)
    AOE rez (Egg of youth and OW restorative cloak)

5. Has unparalleled survivability.
    Speed 6
    Phase shift
    Instant heals
    Self / Group teleport
    Avoidance of Magic
    Barrier of Fortitude
    Confusion
    An RR5 that makes them invincible for 30+ seconds

6.QQs about all of the above

Broadsword please nerf healers. They are OP
  • Ewer wrote: »
    There is only one class in the game that in spite of a lack of DPS:

1. Is constantly the top earning class for RPs in the entire game.

2. Guaranteed 2x slots in every mid group.

3. Has access to pretty much every form of CC imaginable.
    Instant single target mez
    Instant AOE mez
    Castable AOE mez
    Instant singlet target stun
    Instant AOE stun
    Castable AOE stun
    Castable single target stun
    Castable AOE amnesia
    Castable single target root
    Zephyer

4. Has access to pretty much every form of support imaginable.
    Water breath
    Single target heals
    Group heals
    Spread heals
    Instant heals
    Buffs (including celerity)
    Divine intervention
    Perfect Recovery
    Demez
    Cure disease
    Cure poison
    Cure nearsight
    Castable rez
    Power regen (crack)
    AOE rez (Egg of youth and OW restorative cloak)

5. Has unparalleled survivability.
    Speed 6
    Phase shift
    Instant heals
    Self / Group teleport
    Avoidance of Magic
    Barrier of Fortitude
    Confusion
    An RR5 that makes them invincible for 30+ seconds

6.QQs about all of the above

Broadsword please nerf healers. They are OP

1) top rp is earned by having every single group have two of them. it's not rocket science.

2) see point one.

3) in every group you'll have 2, one heal spec and one CC spec. you have to SPEC for the CC which makes for an inferior healer. a healer spec healer doesn't have 'the best CC in the game'. and is pretty much a healing only character. a pac spec isn't really a good healing char.

4) what is there that a proper spec cleric or bard doesn't have ?

5) again it depends on spec, not all healers have all that ****.

everybody here seems to think that a healer is both a superior healer and a superior CC, it doesn't work like that.

a pac is a CCer, a mend is a healer. your role is either to heal and be poor at CC or be a CC and be poor at heals depending on spec. you can't have it all.

it's like saying a smiter is also a great healer and a great buffer, it doesn't work like that.

my point is no matter how you spec your healer, you can't solo or provide any sort of dps to the group, hence a mid group has only 6 people able to do dps. do you want healers to become a dps class ? no, i just want them to have a damage option. not a great one, just a damage option.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • a mend/aug healer is an EXTREMELY one dimensional char. you basically just heal and can't do anything else except for very basic single target CC.

a aug/pac healers, i still have to see one of those. it's not a viable combo.

a pac/aug healer can't heal and CC at the same time.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
    a mend/aug healer is an EXTREMELY one dimensional char. you basically just heal and can't do anything else except for very basic single target CC.

Mend/aug healer is far, far less one dimensional compared to a heal warden or friar.
    a mend/aug healer is an EXTREMELY one dimensional char. you basically just heal and can't do anything else except for very basic single target CC.

What specifically prevents them from training say 40 pac /36 mend?
    my point is no matter how you spec your healer, you can't solo or provide any sort of dps to the group, hence a mid group has only 6 people able to do dps. do you want healers to become a dps class ? no, i just want them to have a damage option. not a great one, just a damage option.

My point is that even with ZERO DPS they already have TOO MUCH. #NerfHealers2018
  • Just dueled a RR12 healer on my heal friar, he did dps on me but after 2 min muylock added.
    If he didnt add the fight would still go on, but now we never know who would had won.
  • Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Just dueled a RR12 healer on my heal friar, he did dps on me but after 2 min muylock added.
    If he didnt add the fight would still go on, but now we never know who would had won.

How did he even manage to damage you at all? IIRC from this thread they can not do any sort of DPS and are simply the worst class in the game and only get groups because other mids feel bad for them.
  • So we are in agreement then... Nerf the Healer.
    ~Westies
    Auf_Nymf wrote: »
    Just dueled a RR12 healer on my heal friar, he did dps on me but after 2 min muylock added.

How did he even manage to damage you at all? IIRC from this thread they can not do any sort of DPS and are simply the worst class in the game and only get groups because other mids feel bad for them.

To my suprise, he had a hammer and know how to use it, i had to dig up a staff buried deep in my inventory and put styles on my bar.

they stop being healers and you would need another healing char in the group.

My point is that even with ZERO DPS they already have TOO MUCH. #NerfHealers2018

my point is : they have the lowest dps in the game and can't solo in rvr. other classes might struggle to do the solo quest, healers just can't solo in rvr.

does it apply to me ?

no

i don't even have a healer.

for me it just seems unfair that a whole class (and only one class) can't possibly solo.

what other class has zero dps ?
  • Auf_Nymf wrote: »

sorry for that.

you should have won, combat enhancing buffs on friar + higher weaponskill should have won you the fight.

and ....

a friar can spec for damage, a healer can't.

a friar with no staff skill (choice !!!!!!) WILL win from a healer. on top, a non combat friar has way better defensive skills. evade, parry etc ...
  • edited June 2018 PM
    Ewer wrote: »
    Auf_Nymf wrote: »

[edited]
    Post edited by Driralin on

What? So healers can only spec 50 into a single line and nothing else? Lots of clerics split spec smite/heal since supremacy pots basically made enh useless. There is no reason (other than just being bad) that a healer couldn't have decent CC and heals.

what other class has zero dps ?

None, but no other class has all the same support / CC ability of the healer either. What other class has instant AOE stun? None. Guess everyone needs AOE stun. /s
  • Worst thread on these new forums by a longshot. How this inane crap keeps going is beyond me.

Like... when you roll a class - you know what it does. I know that I ain't slinging bolts on a Blademaster and I'm not going to be spamming spread heals on an Infiltrator. It is what it is, and it's been that way for ages.

Deal with it as you always have.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    Worst thread on these new forums by a longshot. How this inane crap keeps going is beyond me.

Midgard mentality is how it continues to exist.
  • I want to say whether its a healer, cleric or druid. Strength should not be a rising stat when you are leveling. You can see that Mythic intended healers to melee given they have strength as a rising stat and that they have certain buffs in the augmentation line just for melee. If healers are not meant to be offensive in any way, then they should change the rising stat to be dexterity as primary. I think that they either need to change the healer stats to dex primarily or they need to do something with the augmentation line so that healers can be offensive. This is the most reasonable suggestion because I've seen a lot of "healers don't need anything" in this thread. And this is basically my why to all of people's negative comments.
  • Pigleto wrote: »
    I want to say whether its a healer, cleric or druid. Strength should not be a rising stat when you are leveling. You can see that Mythic intended healers to melee given they have strength as a rising stat and that they have certain buffs in the augmentation line just for melee. If healers are not meant to be offensive in any way, then they should change the rising stat to be dexterity as primary. I think that they either need to change the healer stats to dex primarily or they need to do something with the augmentation line so that healers can be offensive. This is the most reasonable suggestion because I've seen a lot of "healers don't need anything" in this thread. And this is basically my why to all of people's negative comments.

It's not like strength is their main. I think for most classes the tertiary stat doesn't make sense. Alb casters get quickness...does that mean Mythic intended them to be melee as well?

Healers don't need any additions, they don't need more dex for faster casting speed, they don't need dps. They need to be toned down.
    It's not like strength is their main. I think for most classes the tertiary stat doesn't make sense. Alb casters get quickness...does that mean Mythic intended them to be melee as well?

QFT x1000

What? So healers can only spec 50 into a single line and nothing else? Lots of clerics split spec smite/heal since supremacy pots basically made enh useless. There is no reason (other than just being bad) that a healer couldn't have decent CC and heals.

i don't disagree
  • would people be opposed to some some healer self buffs in the aug line that improve their melee output ?

like a self parry / block / WS / dps increase buff in augmentation?
  • Brut wrote: »
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear where do you start with this one.
    The idea of giving healers a form of damage highlights to everyone as this post shows the high utility of mid groups now.
    It also highlights why the Zerg and casual players are playing mid in such huge numbers as has been highlighted by recent population figures.
    The patch that gave healers speed six and most charge tanks charge 5 fundamentally changed the balance of the game.
    It technically meant that for the first time a mid group could run without a dedicated speed class.
    It’s something that’s been kept very quiet but has effected rvr massively.

Utility and ease of group setting up increased hugely on midgard.
    To give healers damage now would seriously unbalance the realms even more.
    The main realm that has suffered from these recent changes is Albion and giving the minstrel aoe stun and a castable 2.5 speed mez would go some way to restoring the balance obviously this couldn’t be available if the minstrel was specced in stealth.
    I seriously nearly choked on my porridge when I read this and had to go and take a lie down in a dark room with a copy of siege craft monthly!

this and the game is (supposed to be) NOT balanced around single classes but groups and larger scenarios!

I have played a healer for years and I have one solo kill (among many DBs) against both Albion and Hibernia but the healer is not meant to do this as the name of the class suggests. It really is easy street on Midgard now - this Xyorman whining is ridiculous! If you want to DPS then play one of your DPS toons man!
  • This is why people unsub this game.