Population

What's the population been like lately?
Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus

Comments

• Population on Hib is absolutely sad. EU Prime maybe around 50 + Player and Mid / Alb around 100 +
    During the day much less around - Depends on the players who are left, if it is enough too generate some action.
  • edited May 25 PM
    I've been knocking alb towers down in hib and then leaving them destroyed so the hibs can retake them.

I am more than a bit irked that day after day, the albs won't even allow the hibs to port around their frontier. I feel their behavior is destructive to the 3-way balance. You don't keep beating a realm to the point they can't even port to a central keep.

It's the behavior that destroyed Mordred in my opinion. At least the albs have the good sense to not steal Hibernia's relics - I don't think the hibs could muster the force to get them back.

At this point, I'd be fine with some very drastic measures to help Hibernia out.

Perhaps reducing the reuse timers on RA's for Hibernia or something equally insane. Or maybe radically increasing the power of their keep guards, towers and fortresses. Maybe even roaming patrols of high grape Hibernian guards. They are struggling.
    Post edited by Northerncross_G on
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • edited June 9 PM
    I've been knocking alb towers down in hib and then leaving them destroyed so the hibs can retake them.

I am more than a bit irked that day after day, the albs won't even allow the hibs to port around their frontier. I feel their behavior is destructive to the 3-way balance. You don't keep beating a realm to the point they can't even port to a central keep.

It's the behavior that destroyed Mordred in my opinion. At least the albs have the good sense to not steal Hibernia's relics - I don't think the hibs could muster the force to get them back.

At this point, I'd be fine with some very drastic measures to help Hibernia out.

Perhaps reducing the reuse timers on RA's for Hibernia or something equally insane. Or maybe radically increasing the power of their keep guards, towers and fortresses. Maybe even roaming patrols of high grape Hibernian guards. They are struggling.

Sounds terrible. [removed] or the population here gets better.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Im a new player, been just trying to find a group let alone another person to quest with
  • I think you would enjoy playing your minstrel. Plenty of small mans roaming doppel spots, late night EST.
    Da ant family - 1801 1802 1803 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1989
    Da fly family - 4501 4502 4503 4504 4506 4508 4509
    Da spider family - 441 442 443 444 445 447
    Ywain 1 Mid - Carlingford Hib - Tullamore Alb - Dalton
    https://divoxutils.com/user-characters
  • Cant find a guild or anyone to really even talk to me its disappointing.
  • Look for me, seethyr, online anytime. I’ll get ya going.
  • Im a new player, been just trying to find a group let alone another person to quest with

If you're on mid, we can help as well. We have people on between 5:00 pm eastern and 1:00 am west coast.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • edited June 9 PM
    I'de come back to go for RR13 but...

- Half of the population are bots
    - The reason I quit wasn't ever addressed or improved upon despite being VERY low hanging fruit.
    - [removed] I'm not sure what happened after 2007 because I quit around 2005 originally, but things really seemed to go downhill with the changes to classes and stuff when I returned in 2022. It's like they got lazy and just homogenized everything across the realms at some point because they were tired of balancing it or something...
    - Honestly the population at you know where is just friendlier and more helpful than I found here. Its 100x easier to get groups and nobody cares about all the min max obsessive stuff people do here.

Population isn't going to improve unless they start doing some dramatic things to improve it. The opportunity is coming up when gardening season winds down and people want something to get into before the next one starts. I'de love to see Broadsword do something other than just keep emptying the recycled events bin on our heads over and over again, but I have no faith that they will and thus will probably never resub as nothing will improve or change.
    Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
  • Shieldla wrote: »
    I'de come back to go for RR13 but...

- Half of the population are bots
    - The reason I quit wasn't ever addressed or improved upon despite being VERY low hanging fruit.
    - [removed] I'm not sure what happened after 2007 because I quit around 2005 originally, but things really seemed to go downhill with the changes to classes and stuff when I returned in 2022. It's like they got lazy and just homogenized everything across the realms at some point because they were tired of balancing it or something...
    - Honestly the population at you know where is just friendlier and more helpful than I found here. Its 100x easier to get groups and nobody cares about all the min max obsessive stuff people do here.

Population isn't going to improve unless they start doing some dramatic things to improve it. The opportunity is coming up when gardening season winds down and people want something to get into before the next one starts. I'de love to see Broadsword do something other than just keep emptying the recycled events bin on our heads over and over again, but I have no faith that they will and thus will probably never resub as nothing will improve or change.

I think new content will help. Currently, there is only realm rank advancement after a certain point - I feel like adding some new abilities and crafting options, as well as upgrading some dungeons might help. I'll write an effort post in a different thread.