Ruined Keeps - Head Hunting Event

Adventurers, dire times have fallen upon the realms. The once mighty strongholds now lie in ruins, the walls reduced to rubble and all defenders scattered. This loss has emboldened enemies who now swarm the areas, seeking to claim the strategic keeps for themselves. Venture into the perilous battlefield surrounding the shattered keep and strike down your foes. With each enemy you defeat, claim their slain head as proof of your valor and prowess in combat.

BoldiamRuined.jpg
Adventurers should speak with the following NPC's to receive the new quest Head Hunting:

• Albion: Lady Idris in Catterick Hamlet
  • Hibernia: Yda Llonwy in Crair Treflan
  • Midgard: Fathor in Godrborg

Ruined Keeps

For the duration of the event, the center keeps of Caer Boldiam, Glenlock Faste, and Dun nGed have reverted to their ruined state and will feature the following temporary changes:

• Keep walls will remain destroyed, keep gates and postern doors will remain open, and guards and other keep NPCs will not spawn
  • The Protection Obelisk will be disabled and unavailable
  • Supply Boxes will spawn within the keeps
Please note that the towers of all 3 keeps have not been ruined.

Head Hunting

Roam the areas of the ruined center keeps of Pennine Mountains (including the maze area), Breifine (including the maze area), and Jamtland Mountains. Kill 20 enemies for their heads, 5 enemies if solo.

• This is a repeatable quest which will auto renew once completed.
  • /use the heads once you have 20 collected.
    • Note: once you /use a stack of 20 heads, it will use all heads in your inventory (heads are vaultable)
  • Heads will only drop in the event areas noted above.
  • This quest awards 5,000 Realm Points (affected by bonuses) and 3,000 Bounty Points.

50% Realm Point bonus is in effect in the event areas.

Ruined Keeps and Head Hunting event will last until Tuesday, June 11th, 2024.

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
Post edited by Carol_Broadsword on
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged:

Comments

• This event is awesome.
    - The derision of your enemies is the highest possible form of praise.

- I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept clown-world so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
  • i'm not sure it was planned or an oversight that basically a soloer can break ports off all the realm's ports past the middle keep. that is certainly something i don't like about this event. i prefer ruined keep in a place that doesn't affect porting.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • I wasn’t the biggest fan to start off with and thought the rewards were “meh” but with bonuses it’s pretty significant. I’m glad it’s around for a while now