Friday Grab Bag - 06/11/2021

It's Grab Bag time!

Only a few days left to complete our Doppelganger Invasion Event, and enjoy the RvR Bonuses and Merchants - all end Tuesday, June 15th :)

Saturday, June 19th, at 4PM EST / 10PM CET sees the next player ran 8v8 draft night! We'll be hosting a multi pov stream on our official Twitch channel for the event featuring povs not just from our usual dev pov, but also from many streamers within the groups :) There's still time to sign up, so join the draft discord to finid out more!

Thanks, as always, to everyone for your questions! You can submit any questions relating to current development plans, to request clarification on basic game mechanic questions, or questions on community issues through the Grab Bag Submission form. For any other feedback or suggestions please use ourfeedback form.

Read on for the questions :)

Is the pulse charm just based off your spec +skills, or is master of focus and a focal myth also helping? I’ve been told it does only on the first cast/charm of the pet, but if I have to manually recharm him as he resists, does it help there too or just the very first initial charm?

Mastery of Focus and Focal mythirians help on each pulse and the initial cast of a pulsing charm spell.

Why are Valewalkers not able to spend rp's in Physical Defense? In comparison to the Heretic: both can spec a weapon, both can spec a defense (parry for VW, shield for Tic), both have an abs buff, both have a shield buff (although the Tic's has a higher value). Yet, the Tic can get Physical Defense. I know the VW has an instant health buffer for a damage value, but anyone could the same thing with a potion or item, correct? Other cloth wearing classes have Physical Defense available to them. Thanks!!

This comes down to primary class roles in combat as well as general balance concerns. Valewalkers are primarily a melee hybrid focused on offense and are capable of dealing very high melee damage while Heretics are primarily a caster and/or healer hybrid. Yes, Heretics can dish out some very high damage as casters but they do not bring the same threat in melee as Valewalkers do. Additionally, Valewalkers get access to Evade IV and a frontal AoE root style that enables them to escape from multiple melees if needed so granting them even more ways to reduce melee damage is not something we are considering changing at this time.

If an item is listed in the official item search, does that mean it definitely exists in game? I’ve been farming Luso for his Luso’s Claw for weeks now and item DB says it drops from him, so am I just unlucky with the drop rate?

Yes, the item database should only show items that can be obtained in-game. Luso’s Claws have a very rare drop rate. Good luck and happy hunting!

Str and str/con increases the damage done by Fossil Archer. It nearly doubles it. Why is this so and they don’t follow the dex damage like Hunters, etc ?

Buffs provide different benefits for pets and monsters than they do for players:

From the May 5th 2017 Grab Bag:

Strength buffs increase a pet’s melee damage.

Constitution buffs decrease damage done to a pet.

Dexterity buffs reduce a pet’s spell cast timer, decrease damage done to the pet and increase its chance to hit with archery and bolts.

Quickness buffs reduce a pet’s melee attack timer.

No other concentration buffs affect pets.

In this case, fossil archers get the to-hit bonus from the dexterity stat since they are using archery attacks AND the strength stat’s bonus since archery attacks by monsters and pets are treated like a ranged melee attack in terms of damage calculations.

Bountycrafting is now out for a while. Are you still planning to extend the amount of craftable items like dragon items since you can't get scales or buy them for BPs?

Yes, we will be extending the Bountycrafting offerings as the supply of alternative currencies dwindle and perhaps add some loot from other areas such as Summoner’s Hall and Shrouded Isles dungeons too! For now, there are still quite a few alternate currencies sitting out there (which can be converted to scales) and available in housing that can be used to obtain the dragon items.

Hello, could you please tell me if the Bricriu Nemthenga mob still spawns in Cursed Forest in Hibernia main lands or has this mob been moved/disabled?

Yes, Bricriu Nemthenga still spawns. It helps to keep the rotting parthelonian and fleshless parthelonian populations down in the area.

That's all for this week, thanks everyone :)
Enjoy the weekend!

Click here to visit the DAoC Herald!
DAoC Community Lead
Broadsword Online Games
Tagged: