Returning Player Feedback

2»

Comments

• And you are sure you are playing the same DAoC on the same server, not on Gaheris?

I'm sure I'm not playing on Gaheris, I'm also sure that you're most likely referring to the community of one time zone. I've stated in previous posts how different each time zone is from the other.. You might see things differently. Also from my observations there are not that many high RR's that are worth fearing.

Sure, i see it from my time zone. Suggestion from my side...you play 1 -2 days on my time zone at primetime and i play 1-2 days on yours. :)

There are 5-8 ppl in my guild that play on a regular basis with more than 1 rr12. Within the ally it may 20-30 that run nearly daily with 1-2 rr12. Even i may be rr10+ in fall this year, and you think i`ll let free rp`s go? Really? :D
  • edited May 2018 PM
    And you are sure you are playing the same DAoC on the same server, not on Gaheris?

I'm sure I'm not playing on Gaheris, I'm also sure that you're most likely referring to the community of one time zone. I've stated in previous posts how different each time zone is from the other.. You might see things differently. Also from my observations there are not that many high RR's that are worth fearing.

Sure, i see it from my time zone. Suggestion from my side...you play 1 -2 days on my time zone at primetime and i play 1-2 days on yours. :)

There are 5-8 ppl in my guild that play on a regular basis with more than 1 rr12. Within the ally it may 20-30 that run nearly daily with 1-2 rr12. Even i may be rr10+ in fall this year, and you think i`ll let free rp`s go? Really? :D

You're arguing with an imaginary point lol.. I never said there weren't any rr 12's? I said most get bored once 12 and start new ones, I also said the ones that are 12 aren't around much alone, meaning they're with groups or the zerg... Not sure why you're so sensitive over my own opinion and observations but I'll stick with it because I can literally think of less than 10 named 12's that don't run with the BG currently, and of those there are maybe three that id consider a challenge for someone looking for a fight ..... I also didn't say you would or anyone should let low rrs go.... Check your sugar and try again dear, I made it quite clear that idc how anyone plays, you pay your sub i pay mine, as long as everyone has fun
    Post edited by Nixy on
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • Less is more.

All of the absurd CL and ML abilities should be removed. Certain abilities should be moved to some classes spec lines where applicable.

Example being battlemaster power tap against a vamp or mauler that has to gain power to use abilities.

A skald mezzing then casting CL disease, stat debuffs, and a dot.

These serve no game breaking purpose in RVR. They only serve to have a greater imbalence in solo/small man.

Stealth lore, poison immune, and vanish should be removed.

Reavers and necros should just be removed.
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Merge Gaheris into ywain so we can have PVE groups on ywain.

I do not care how many rps they have or how they obtained them vs ywain characters.

1 server with whole population.
    Post edited by Trix on
  • Remove /bow emote.
  • I agree with the Gaharis merge but I doubt Gaheris players would.. As for Skalds casting multiple cl abilities, the only way they could cast them all at once like that is it you let them kite you. Necros and reavers aren't a big deal unless they're played by someone that knows what they're doing and taking away vanish would be the final destruction of assassin classes. Assassins are meant to kill quick and get out
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • I agree with the Gaharis merge but I doubt Gaheris players would.. As for Skalds casting multiple cl abilities, the only way they could cast them all at once like that is it you let them kite you. Necros and reavers aren't a big deal unless they're played by someone that knows what they're doing and taking away vanish would be the final destruction of assassin classes. Assassins are meant to kill quick and get out

agreed..besides the gaharis merge...how many even play there now? even the ones who do also play ywain as i go there when im tired of all the bullcrap and such...let them have their escape, like you have your escape from the bad graphics game called reality

agreed..besides the gaharis merge...how many even play there now? even the ones who do also play ywain as i go there when im tired of all the bullcrap and such...let them have their escape, like you have your escape from the bad graphics game called reality

Pretty small population, and loyal so yea I dont think itd even be worth the upset, think we can agree on that based on the reaction from the mordred destruction.. And lol @ bad graphics irl :D
    ~Shard Junkie~
    Mother of Trolls
  • You people are all over the place. Where did Gaheris even come in?

Highly doubt they'd remove all ML and CL abilities and reshuffle them at this point either.

Neither of those things would really make much better for newer players. It'd simplify things but it's unlikely for the coding and balance work required is my guess.
  • And you are sure you are playing the same DAoC on the same server, not on Gaheris?

You're arguing with an imaginary point lol.. I never said there weren't any rr 12's? I said most get bored once 12 and start new ones, I also said the ones that are 12 aren't around much alone, meaning they're with groups or the zerg... Not sure why you're so sensitive over my own opinion and observations but I'll stick with it because I can literally think of less than 10 named 12's that don't run with the BG currently, and of those there are maybe three that id consider a challenge for someone looking for a fight ..... I also didn't say you would or anyone should let low rrs go.... Check your sugar and try again dear, I made it quite clear that idc how anyone plays, you pay your sub i pay mine, as long as everyone has fun

I´ve said that new players and returning players will hit hard times once f2p kicks in, and you said it won`t get that worse cause you don`t see many high rr`s around. But we`ll see what will happen.
  • The whole high RR thing is stupid for the most part.

- some high RRs are not good players.
    - some bought their account.
    - they aren't invincible and can still be taken down by good strategy/numbers.

Now, if you've got a group of RR1-3s up against a group of stacked RR10+ that can obviously suck a bit, but it's still not impossible.

I play during all sorts of hours and I see what seems to be an even smattering of high RRs. Personally, I find them fun to fight. They're like mini boss fights scattered around the map, or if they aren't that good it's a nice fat sack of RPs and a confidence boost.

The hardest part is going to be showing and proving to people that are returning/new/not as skilled that it is possible to overcome things in this game.
  • yes its "possible" but when your a brand new player just hit 50 with the free gear and you try to do the solo game and your first 3 fights you were up against rr7+ as a rr1L4 or something and not just loose but loose humiliatingly....your not gonna stay long
  • Solo play is hard for experienced people with templates and years of knowledge.

Its like learning to swim by being dumped into the Pacific ocean from a helicopter.
  • Budikah wrote: »
    Solo play is hard for experienced people with templates and years of knowledge.

Its like learning to swim by being dumped into the Pacific ocean from a helicopter.

and just imagine from a brand new player stance...yeah something needs to change...im actually thinking and up to a whole server wipe? everyone has to start fresh when the f2p model comes back?
  • [quote="Trix;1453" Example being battlemaster power tap against a vamp or mauler that has to gain power to use abilities. [/quote]

lol

i can literally spam BM power drain on my savage all fight against a vamp and he would still claw spam the entire fight still.
    Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Budikah wrote: »

and just imagine from a brand new player stance...yeah something needs to change...im actually thinking and up to a whole server wipe? everyone has to start fresh when the f2p model comes back?

i have a rr 12L9, a rr 12l8, a rr 11L9, a rr 10L8 and some more. server wipe ? i'm out. and so would half of the population at least.

Stor Hurfru Muylasav, wildly swinging arms around. Vicomte Muylock, calling curses on enemies. Lord Muylaetrix, calling upon winter storms. some other chars with names starting with Muyl.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    Budikah wrote: »

i have a rr 12L9, a rr 12l8, a rr 11L9, a rr 10L8 and some more. server wipe ? i'm out. and so would half of the population at least.

just a thought...or maybe a brand new servers just for f2p? it would give brand new players a way to learn before going up against people like you...not saying your bad, just...experienced
  • yes its "possible" but when your a brand new player just hit 50 with the free gear and you try to do the solo game and your first 3 fights you were up against rr7+ as a rr1L4 or something and not just loose but loose humiliatingly....your not gonna stay long

a brand new player (how many are there lol) ... don't solo and join a zerg.

even without the RR thing, a brand new player is up against people that have maybe 17 years of experience. some people with that much experience will smoke people even if they play rr 1 chars.
  • Muylae wrote: »
    yes its "possible" but when your a brand new player just hit 50 with the free gear and you try to do the solo game and your first 3 fights you were up against rr7+ as a rr1L4 or something and not just loose but loose humiliatingly....your not gonna stay long

a brand new player (how many are there lol) ... don't solo and join a zerg.

even without the RR thing, a brand new player is up against people that have maybe 17 years of experience. some people with that much experience will smoke people even if they play rr 1 chars.

which is why im asking for atleast a new server just for f2p players...new players can get experience before rolling over to the paid servers (ywain) and not be disheartening when they are owned humiliatingly the first time
  • edited May 2018 PM
    Budikah wrote: »

That's a hard no. The whole point of this is to inject new population into the game - not throw newbies off into some kiddie pool full of other people who have no idea how to play - so then you open the floodgates and it hits them like a brick wall.

Or the more likely point that veteran players will just go to the sheeps' pen and rip **** up? Getting owned is sort of part of DAoC - if you can't take it or adapt to it, then you are likely never going to like this game because at any moment you can be jumped on by triple your numbers and left dead in on a bridge or picked off like the sickly member of your group when you hit terrain or forget to sprint.

Your ideas are honestly pretty bad and while well intentioned, not thought out.

Most of the improvements in mechanics and usability come from Broadsword - but the community also needs to choose how to react if we get new blood in here. Some will skewer them mercilessly, but hopefully others will take the time and guide them into it a bit more gently. That's on us, not Broadsword.
    Post edited by Budikah on
  • very well said Budikah, it isnt a well thought out idea, i just came up with it as i was typing out...i thought more about it and maybe a server only for f2p, if they want to keep going, they can sub and go to ywain and if they get owned, they will know its because he is new...but if they come to NF at lvl50 at 1L1 and die in the first 3sec of being attacked or being 1 shotted and then /rofl'd...its not gonna look good on us...yeah us experienced players know you need to get rp's and gear but new players dont know what rp's are, how do they know that the gear they have on is good or not? they dont know what the difference between 80/80 and 110/110 means...
  • Hmmm? Free-to-play... One account-no charge. 2 accounts- 2 charges;etc.
    I am returning, for 30 days. Will probably pay for one or two more months, play one realm and in a battlegroup. Mainly for the camaraderie in NF and the items in PVE. Solo only for aurulite for plat and items.
    Decent game. Now to the glory of the realm!
  • edited May 2018 PM
    unless they advertise, which is not going to happen for €+(cant find the dollar sing on my keyboard) ... new players are going to be few and far between.

returning players are our best bet if BS can reach them.

i can not imagine anyone who hasn't played daoc to start this unless they have been brought in by friends who play the game.

mouth of word (players) is the only advertisement.

[edited]

the people playing don't give a **** about graphics, it's about the game play

game play and not graphics don't appeal to new players unless they can be convinced to join by the current players about the game play.
    [edited]

i'm not even talking about the bugs in the game that are appalling, the crashes and all of the issues the game has that are a disaster. how can this game attract new players ?
    Post edited by Crix on