Constant Client Crashing Help

My client started crashing about 2 weeks ago. It crashes in NF and PvE zones. I reinstalled the client and it worked for a day. But now, even uninstalling doesn't work. I've updated directX to 12 and it says I have the latest version. Is there anything else I can do? Need some help. I have Spectrum business class so it isn't the speed.

Comments

• I just wanted to add that I have no issues logging on with my laptop. No LD's. I am thinking there is some kind of conflict with some program on my desktop. :/
  • Might be your anti virus @topdude
  • Names wrote: »
    Might be your anti virus @topdude

I tried that. I turned off all antivirus and firewall.
  • Is it when you alt tab?
  • Names wrote: »
    Is it when you alt tab?

No. I log on, and 3-4 minutes later, it crashes.
  • edited January 2021 PM
    I honestly do not know what might be causing it to crash you might have to find the crash report and send that to BS so they can find out whats causing it unless you know how to read thoses reports

I do not know how to find it but mabe someone here will
    Post edited by Names on
  • edited January 2021 PM
    Okay this happened to me and here is how i fixed it

The Game Crashed at Random times on the Active client and the Error log showed this ->

game caused an Access Violation in module game.dll at 0023:00662dbb.
    Exception handler called in rndr.
    Cver Catacombs liv1404
    Error occurred at 1/16/2021 21:49:30.
    XxxX:\Electronic Arts\Dark Age of Camelot\game.dll, run by Cool_Name_Maschine.
    16 processor(s), type 586.
    0 MBytes physical memory.
    Read from location 00000039 caused an access violation.

I closed Edge (Browser) that fixed it for me, what had no impact what so ever was
    - turn of firewall
    - turn of Defender / Antivirus
    - turn of Memory Handling for legacy Apps
    - Moving file Location to non SSD
    - Updating Graphics Drivers
    - turning of the UI

Hope that helps ?
    Post edited by Indur on
  • UPDATE:

i had this problem Persisting and could not find a fix - and i started noticing it in other games to - fix found.

For me it was an NVIDIA issue, fixed it by flashing the BIOS of my Graphics Card.

The Newer Drivers have issues with certain types of VRAM.

Fixed
  • Indur wrote: »

I closed Edge (Browser) that fixed it for me, what had no impact what so ever was
    - turn of firewall
    - turning of the UI

Hope that helps ?

Turned off firewall. Turned off all anti-virus. DAoC runs on non-SSD c: hard drive. Updated all graphics drivers. Checked to see if I have latest version of DirectX. Still LDs.

• TopDude wrote: »
    Indur wrote: »

- turn of firewall
    - turning of the UI

Hope that helps ?

Turned off firewall. Turned off all anti-virus. DAoC runs on non-SSD c: hard drive. Updated all graphics drivers. Checked to see if I have latest version of DirectX. Still LDs.

Yeah i did that too, did not work for me, i found a hint in the PoE Forums about the VRAM Issue on certain cards there are different typs of VRAM installed which couse Memory issues, which causes crashes, i flashed my Graphics BIOS and now i am good. Hope that helps you ?