Zerg vs 8 man vs solo

Zergers like the giant battles. The flow of people across the plains, the breaching of walls and they don't necessarily try to be the best at their skills. They tend to play very casually and don't often have the best templates or skill. They play more for the social aspects and seldom post on the forums. How the characters look and having cool houses and pets is part of the fun for them. EC players do well in a zerg because the zerg offsets what the EC player is missing to be able to compete.

8 man and solo groups work hard at the perfect temp, the perfect rotation and the perfect positioning. They may have memorized every stat for the weapons and armor and will argue fiercely over weapon procs and whether or not someone added to a fight. They are vocal on the forums because they are quite aware of what things affect their ability to play. Lack of ports, large zergs, changes in abilities are examples of what can affect their game enjoyment. It is much harder for EC players to join this playstyle.


Trying to accommodate all the play-styles with a low population is hard.

pllcuvv6bzab.jpg
Bumblebunny to the rescue !

Comments

  • Is this an advertisement for the hero bg?
  • Hero bg: we take keeps, full or empty, but we take them.
  • We also run over EV with 6grps and farm everything. We chase solos from hurb to fensa.
  • To be honest, the best tactics is to not feed hero bg.
    Thats the only thing that works. If they have nothing to kill, they will change.
  • I was told there would also be a review of the Solo?
  • Kroko wrote: »
    We also run over EV with 6grps and farm everything. We chase solos from hurb to fensa.

    Kroko .... just to understand .... given what you say I guess you are also against the full party that plows duo / soloers or the 526458752 stealth albs that magically appear wherever there is a soloers ....

  • I just state some facts.
  • Yep ... according to your words me too ...If Herorius does it, he is ugly and bad ... if others do all is right ... nice ...regardless
  • So, you say, its okay to rob a bank because other people are robbing banks?
    Thats an interesting point of view.
  • And who is robbing banks? Herorius run zerg, others people no. Everyone plays as they see fit but Herorius' zerg is always wrong regardless of while the game of the others is not ... very interesting point of view ....
  • @Melisandre herorius did the right thing once, and it was to stop running BGs because action wasn't justifying it.

    Didn't last long but it allowed so many otger people to enjoy the game.

    As per @Siambra words, BGs strive for big fights. I don't think running EV looking for groups qualifies.
  • Yep problem with hero is he runs with or without any enemies and kills all ports ruining the action for everyone else everyday. Population is to small for it that kind of Zerg everyday. Days he didn't run bg last week was amazing no cut ports ppl forced to roam if they wanted rps not afk stuck to hero.

    And the fgs that roam for solos are just as bad as the zergers except they sooner or later find a FG looking for fgs and get **** on.
    Bodukejr- hunter
    Thegenerallee-shadowblade
    Misleadinglooks-warrior

    Grumblejr-hero
    Danceswithdebuffs-champion
    Faatkid-druid
  • Melisandre wrote: »
    Kroko wrote: »
    We also run over EV with 6grps and farm everything. We chase solos from hurb to fensa.

    Kroko .... just to understand .... given what you say I guess you are also against the full party that plows duo / soloers or the 526458752 stealth albs that magically appear wherever there is a soloers ....

    lollololololol
    That's probably because it takes that many to kill a hib/mid 4 man.
  • @Shoke @Boduke

    I agree both.

    Herry likes to play like this, others don't and prefer to play differently.

    Right ... wrong ... I don't care, I can't and I don't want to judge anyone.

    Everyone plays as they see fit but every choice must be RESPECTED, even if they don't like it.
    Which unfortunately not everyone does ......
  • edited August 4 PM
    @Melisandre

    That's the issue right there. Zerging isn't bad in itself. I totally understand the appeal of the big fights, the kind of chaos, the smaller scale fights around the same keep. I get it. I actually like keep fights, they are fun (unless you are a support, then you want to shoot yourself).

    What is wrong, is zerging for the sake of zerging. I am sorry, but you cannot justify Herorius running a 60 player deep BG when the most opposition he'll face is like 15 players. And even then, the second he starts having resistance, he'll retreat and go hit something else.

    It is a Euro specific issue, US prime does not have that issue. Mainly because of these following points;

    - There is always at least 2 BGs running. When there is only one BG active and they don't have any other BG online, they'll usually disband and do something else. The only exception to his is Rescu's BG, but a full group can farm 3 groups of his BG easily. So even if he runs when there aren't any other BGs, groups can "voltron" and kill him until he decides to sit in Bold for a couple hours.

    - US BGs tend to want to hit the other BGs. BGs dodging each other hit an all time high when Xyorman was running the mid BG. He would avoid and run laps for hours without any fights. That was his way. But the current US prime BG leaders are looking for fights.

    - They don't cut port for the sake of cutting ports. Hero takes keeps, normal, he's alone. But hibs already has all relics all the time since he'll just take them back the next morning, since he has zero opposition. So by taking keeps, all he does is cut ports and ruin the playing time of other players. you should play other realms one day, log on and see your whole frontier green, with the only option being to boat from relic town. Most players will just /quit.


    I get it, it's your $$, not mine. But to use your "my money my choice" without acknowledging that what herorius is doing is KILLING THE GAME, is just acting blind.

    And I don't agree that "all choices should be respected". I can understand that you make specific choices for a variety of reasons. I can also think that the choices you make are bad and I don't respect them.
    Post edited by Shoke on
  • @Shoke

    Well done. /clap.
    Stealth zergs are a cancer

  • @Shoke

    "I disapprove of what you say but I will defend your right to say it until death" cit.

    All opinions deserve respect, especially those you don't share.

    That said ..... we are certainly talking about the prime time EU but then I can tell you that it is not Herry who kills the game ..... he is the one who jumps from one Realm to another to be sure that he is always in the right wagon.
  • @Melisandre you are wrong. @Shoke is beautifully right. Sometimes in life you lose an argument, no matter how "accepting" you are of another persons opinion, what's right is right, and Shoke is right 100% nobody can even argue.
  • @Melisandre how are realm "jumpers" to blame, while you stick Herorius 24/7 and actively participate in what essentially destroys Euro prime action every day for the last couple years?

    Situation #1 : Herorius runs a BG, cuts all ports, faces an opposing force of maybe 50% of his BG on a good day. People from other realms log in, see the frontier, instantly log out.

    Situation #2 : Herorius does not run a BG, sticks to 8-16-24. Other realms see their frontier active and hear that Hero isn't running a BG. They get on, start RvRing. Action everywhere, groups from all realms run around.


    In your opinion, which situation is good for the game, which one is not.
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Melisandre how are realm "jumpers" to blame, while you stick Herorius 24/7 and actively participate in what essentially destroys Euro prime action every day for the last couple years?

    Situation #1 : Herorius runs a BG, cuts all ports, faces an opposing force of maybe 50% of his BG on a good day. People from other realms log in, see the frontier, instantly log out.

    Situation #2 : Herorius does not run a BG, sticks to 8-16-24. Other realms see their frontier active and hear that Hero isn't running a BG. They get on, start RvRing. Action everywhere, groups from all realms run around.


    In your opinion, which situation is good for the game, which one is not.

    It also appears a lot of the people complaining about no action are the ones stuck to Herorius. I've been logged into hib when he's been on for a bit and I read a lot of complaints about no action.
    Dreamscape 12Lx Dark Lotus
  • Shoke wrote: »
    @Melisandre how are realm "jumpers" to blame, while you stick Herorius 24/7 and actively participate in what essentially destroys Euro prime action every day for the last couple years?

    Situation #1 : Herorius runs a BG, cuts all ports, faces an opposing force of maybe 50% of his BG on a good day. People from other realms log in, see the frontier, instantly log out.

    Situation #2 : Herorius does not run a BG, sticks to 8-16-24. Other realms see their frontier active and hear that Hero isn't running a BG. They get on, start RvRing. Action everywhere, groups from all realms run around.


    In your opinion, which situation is good for the game, which one is not.

    Yeah, that, my Sub runs out next week, good job Hero you won, i quit
Sign In or Register to comment.