NF, Saddles, and lvl45+ Chars.

edited July 2020 in General Board
Is there a reason saddles cant work for lvl45+ chars?

I mean my lvl48 cabby can hardly keep up with a BG, and getting a group without speed let alone with is hard enough :smile:

I do know you cant even use the basic RvR horse in the Bg's. Am I missing a reason to limit the speed in NF on a lvl45+ char?

Lowbie healers 45+ could be very useful to a BG zerg surfing group.
Post edited by Stoopiduser on

Comments

• You'd be even more useful if you spent less than an hour to reach 50. Seriously. Go to Cathal Valley and do kill tasks.
  • Agreed. No reason to do rvr before 50.
  • Ah, good old shame.
  • edited July 2020 PM
    Well I can only speak for myself but I hate Cathal with a passion, fully temp'd RR4 killing xp'ers.. I would prefer to run in frontiers with BG.

I used to skip 45-50 with xp scrolls but that was nerfed so maybe just allow lvl45+ with saddle have same speed? No?
    Kroko wrote: »
    Agreed. No reason to do rvr before 50.

I made 70k in RvR last night I would disagree RvR zerg surfing is good fun. When I could catch up ofc :tongue:
    Post edited by Stoopiduser on
  • Do ToA quests then. You'll even get more BPs than BGs so you can buy MLs right away. No reason to change anything when it takes very little time to reach 50.
  • Running in NF not being lvl 50 without CL15+ML10+horse/saddle is a sin... this is 2020 DAoC it takes a few hours...
  • Ok, I guess I am wrong :smile:

It was worth a try :smile:

Not really asking for anything, just a shame you cant RvR till you hit 50 these days.
  • Ok, I guess I am wrong :smile:

Not really asking for anything, just a shame you cant RvR till you hit 50 these days.

I know where you are coming from, and you're kind of right and honestly you post brings up a great point. Small QoL adjustments are what this game needs BADLY. Why shouldn't max speed be available at lvl 45? it's not going to hurt anything, and if anything it improves the game experience for a few select players and how much time and effort would it take to implement on @Broadsword 's end?

This is why they are losing so many players. months and years between patches that are always over-the-top, with no communication with the community. There are so many great suggestions on this board, and there is ZERO feedback from the developers..

You're suggestion for having max speed horse at lvl 45 wasn't a bad one. I was just simply stating that if you want to RvR in NF you should definitely take the time to do all the grinding because if you don't you're honestly only limiting and hindering your realmmates
  • I am all about fun for the players of all realms :smile:
  • I dont mind if they had a saddle that lower lvls could use being that it is not a full speed like the the ones at lvl 50. They could be be paired with the slower speed some classes get and need a better saddle for higher levels i don't think I'm wording that right tho if any one can try to reword it lol. But keep it less the speed of the hunt that way they won't become useless and can lock it to subbed only and sell an ec version that lvls with you. Also horse armor skins on the mythral shop i would buy that if I like the way it looks. There are few types that you can get in game so it can be like the mask. Its something that won't break the game and might help bring in some money.
  • Screw it. Make speed 6 available at level 1. Who wants to level anyways? GREY ZERG INC.
  • Heh noone is suggesting speed6 for BGs's or even in PvE but lvl45+ chars can be useful and an arbitrary "must be lvl50" to use a horse, which you can use at 45, with saddle just seems odd.
  • You're at more of a disadvantage at levels 45-49 in NF, then you are against CV twinks. Speed of the hunt gems + perma sprint should do the trick to keep up with a BG, should you not be able to find a group. I don't understand the argument that a lowbie should be grouped, when you're knowingly and willingly becoming a liability on the battlefield. It doesn't take long to hit 50, show the common respect to your realm mates to do the basics so they don't have to loop for you 100 times (speed 6 + perma sprint, water pots, supremacy pots).

It may be a **** thing to say, but DAoC is most fun when you have good fights. Sustainability is key, and coming out before doing the basic things to put yourself on a somewhat level playing field, is kinda selfish. "I just want the fun, I don't want to work for it." It's pretty easy these days to do those basics as well, and I feel it's common knowledge (basics of rvr, speed 6 + perma sprint, water pots, supremacy pots), and if you are new to the game or returning and you're not aware, there's plenty of people to ask in game what the first things you need to RvR are, and there are a multitude of video guides/youtube videos/wiki's on DAoC, especially RvR.

Don't lower the speed 6 benchmark, it's already too accessible IMO.
    "...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • Armagedden wrote: »
    Running in NF not being lvl 50 without CL15+ML10+horse/saddle is a sin... this is 2020 DAoC it takes a few hours...
    Armagedden wrote: »
    Ok, I guess I am wrong :smile:

I know where you are coming from, and you're kind of right and honestly you post brings up a great point. Small QoL adjustments are what this game needs BADLY. Why shouldn't max speed be available at lvl 45? it's not going to hurt anything, and if anything it improves the game experience for a few select players and how much time and effort would it take to implement on @Broadsword 's end?

This is why they are losing so many players. months and years between patches that are always over-the-top, with no communication with the community. There are so many great suggestions on this board, and there is ZERO feedback from the developers..

You're suggestion for having max speed horse at lvl 45 wasn't a bad one. I was just simply stating that if you want to RvR in NF you should definitely take the time to do all the grinding because if you don't you're honestly only limiting and hindering your realmmates
    Dale_Perf wrote: »
    You're at more of a disadvantage at levels 45-49 in NF, then you are against CV twinks. Speed of the hunt gems + perma sprint should do the trick to keep up with a BG, should you not be able to find a group. I don't understand the argument that a lowbie should be grouped, when you're knowingly and willingly becoming a liability on the battlefield. It doesn't take long to hit 50, show the common respect to your realm mates to do the basics so they don't have to loop for you 100 times (speed 6 + perma sprint, water pots, supremacy pots).

It may be a **** thing to say, but DAoC is most fun when you have good fights. Sustainability is key, and coming out before doing the basic things to put yourself on a somewhat level playing field, is kinda selfish. "I just want the fun, I don't want to work for it." It's pretty easy these days to do those basics as well, and I feel it's common knowledge (basics of rvr, speed 6 + perma sprint, water pots, supremacy pots), and if you are new to the game or returning and you're not aware, there's plenty of people to ask in game what the first things you need to RvR are, and there are a multitude of video guides/youtube videos/wiki's on DAoC, especially RvR.

Unbelievable, never read such a bullshit.
    Simple lying, arrogance and ignorance.

1. ML10 and CL15 is easy to get.... but useless.
    2. PVP-Wise the game is completely off. No balancing at all. QoL is the LEAST what is needed.
    3. To be somewhat in the Fun-Zone you need a nearly perfect Temp, at least RR10 and being very familiar with thousands of "use"s.
    4. Even then 90% of all fights will not be fun at all because you will be just destroyed by FOTM-Classes and zergs.
    5. The ONLY chance to get a nice fight is to have a perfectly deisgned group... which will not happen very often..

People like the writers of above comments are the reason why the game is dying.
    What really is needed is the possiblity for Casuals to fight.. not to push the release-button every 3 minutes...
    The game need a restart without the possiblity to create a big gap between casuals and game-residents.

Mahv
  • Mahvash wrote: »
    Running in NF not being lvl 50 without CL15+ML10+horse/saddle is a sin... this is 2020 DAoC it takes a few hours...
    Ok, I guess I am wrong :smile:

Dale_Perf wrote: »
    You're at more of a disadvantage at levels 45-49 in NF, then you are against CV twinks. Speed of the hunt gems + perma sprint should do the trick to keep up with a BG, should you not be able to find a group. I don't understand the argument that a lowbie should be grouped, when you're knowingly and willingly becoming a liability on the battlefield. It doesn't take long to hit 50, show the common respect to your realm mates to do the basics so they don't have to loop for you 100 times (speed 6 + perma sprint, water pots, supremacy pots).

Unbelievable, never read such a bullshit.
    Simple lying, arrogance and ignorance.

1. ML10 and CL15 is easy to get.... but useless.
    2. PVP-Wise the game is completely off. No balancing at all. QoL is the LEAST what is needed.
    3. To be somewhat in the Fun-Zone you need a nearly perfect Temp, at least RR10 and being very familiar with thousands of "use"s.
    4. Even then 90% of all fights will not be fun at all because you will be just destroyed by FOTM-Classes and zergs.
    5. The ONLY chance to get a nice fight is to have a perfectly deisgned group... which will not happen very often..

People like the writers of above comments are the reason why the game is dying.
    What really is needed is the possiblity for Casuals to fight.. not to push the release-button every 3 minutes...
    The game need a restart without the possiblity to create a big gap between casuals and game-residents.

Mahv

troll /shrug

Now you're telling us that coming out w/o speed 6 + endo pots + water pots + sup pots is too much? /facepalm

Go play pac man

"...the best thing to do if you disagree (or agree) isn't to ask us why (which is rhetorical)...." -John_Broadsword
    "the patch [1.127] is later this year" -Carol_Broadsword, aka "constable paddy biehbien of the **** local community Enforcement force "
    send a message with your wallet
  • @Mahvash I asked you in another thread what class you were playing, but you never answered.

Looks like you have been having a really bad time for a while (you've been posting here for a couple months now), so allow us to help you.

What is your class, what is your spec? Do you need help with a template? Do you play in a zerg? Are you playing in the BGs or in NF?

Saying that MLs and CLs are useless is kind of showing that you might need help explaining various dynamics and abilities of the game.

Daoc is not really casual friendly, but there are some play styles that are much more friendly than others.

The best advice for you would be to join discord and ask your questions there.