Nightshade rr5 ability - Blocking Critical Shot?

edited December 2019 in General Board
So apparently the Nightshade rr5 ability is able to block a critical shot and the follow up standard shot while shooting an Elemental bow? Is this a bug or working as intended, please advise.
@Snaillyn

sv9xktclcsjm.jpg

Post edited by Fateboi on

Comments

• Was the shade in stealth?

Nope NS was hitting me in melee, Scout was shooting at the NS.
  • Hmm i gotta test this today with my shade and ranger
  • Its not the ns rr5 because that sucks its probably strike prediction 5 it works pretty well but very costly on real points to get

• I think he was being anecdotal, saying their new rr5 was block/dodge arrows while in melee.
  • Shade r5 has a10% chance to ‘miss’ on damaging attacks, always worked like this (or at least since I last played my ns years ago)
  • Strike prediction 5 is for evade...that’s not what I’m talking about lol.

Specifically the NS rr5 ability causing critical shot and the follow up standard shot to miss while shooting a legendary bow.
  • good luck Fate...

put in a support ticket...... that they won't acknowledge.
  • KoeKoe
    edited December 2019 PM
    I think that "you hit only shadows" is modified by your opponents dex/quit for evade purposes. This is just anecdotal as I've seen, but sometimes you might get a few in a row. It's still low numbers and I'd bet that this "two in a row" was one of the few times you've seen it, if ever.

THIS IS A GOOD GRAB BAG QUESTION.
    Post edited by Koe on
  • Koe wrote: »
    I think that "you hit only shadows" is modified by your opponents dex/quit for evade purposes. This is just anecdotal as I've seen, but sometimes you might get a few in a row. It's still low numbers and I'd bet that this "two in a row" was one of the few times you've seen it, if ever.

THIS IS A GOOD GRAB BAG QUESTION.

Nothing should ever block critical shot though...
  • Ath wrote: »
    Shade r5 has a10% chance to ‘miss’ on damaging attacks, always worked like this (or at least since I last played my ns years ago)

I believe this is correct.
  • KoeKoe
    edited December 2019 PM
    Fateboi wrote: »

I wonder if (had a shot landed) we would have seen that the target had crit shot immunity from another archer. I'm guessing the target was in combat when the archer cast crit shot (as otherwise why use the R5). Game often won't give you more than first level data in chat log.

If this is the case the shot might have 1) been treated as a normal shot for purposes of hit/miss and 2) not actually counted as a miss due to the 10% shade R5 as it would have normally been immune (IE the dice was rolled but counted towards the first real hit, 2nd hit). If so we might really just be looking at 1 in a row vs a 10% use. Even if not, 2 in a row vs a 10% use is well within the realm of possible (though probably frustrating). The OP could have provided a lot more clarity by attaching a larger combat log. (Guessing 3rd shot hit).
    Post edited by Koe on
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Koe wrote: »
    Fateboi wrote: »

I wonder if (had a shot landed) we would have seen that the target had crit shot immunity from another archer. I'm guessing the target was in combat when the archer cast crit shot (as otherwise why use the R5). Game often won't give you more than first level data in chat log.

If this is the case the shot might have 1) been treated as a normal shot for purposes of hit/miss and 2) not actually counted as a miss due to the 10% shade R5 as it would have normally been immune (IE the dice was rolled but counted towards the first real hit, 2nd hit). If so we might really just be looking at 1 in a row vs a 10% use. Even if not, 2 in a row vs a 10% use is well within the realm of possible (though probably frustrating). The OP could have provided a lot more clarity by attaching a larger combat log. (Guessing 3rd shot hit).

I was melee'ing him on my infil, SS is from Scout duo buddy. NS didn't have any crit shot immunity. Unsure about the 3rd shot and it doesn't matter. NS rr5 ability should never block a Crit shot ever.
    Also 10% chance to miss making two shots miss back to back rightttttttttttttttttt

GL
    Post edited by Fateboi on
  • edited December 2019 PM
    Missing 2 shots in a row is a 1 in 100 hundred chance but I shoot more then 100 shots a night so seems possible.. seems strange, but this new magic archery is nothing like the old system with people evading shots and crit needing them out of combat and standing still :) I still wish archers could hold a shot.. fills like now archers are just casters with no quick cast, and sometimes things are melee sometimes magic (worse of both worlds if you ask me :)
    Post edited by rocketait on