Shoke wrote: »
@Kroko zerg can be fun, it's a relaxed play style, chat with friends while having a great time, doesn't require that you have a group of friends to be successful.
But it is 100% mindless. Spam that ae spell you have on that bar and panic when you are caught not paying attention alone from your buddies.
I don't mind that zerges make good RPs, what I mind is that zerging, with the current format of RP rewards, is the best way to make RPs, and by a huge margin.
Fateboi wrote: »
Zerging is mindless that doesn’t make it any less of a play style compared to pure 8.
This game is based on RVR instead of PvP for a reason m8.
Kat wrote: »
So - would like to amend my comment. Had some friends come back to DAOC specifically for EC. They have no desire to pay for daoc, but willing to check out EC. Their overall impression was "meh or "lame" due to the rps and ra cap. I don't think they are going to keep playing. They moved on from DAOC ages ago and there is nothing new to bring them back, except to play once in a while if it is free, but not if the rps/ras annoy them too much.
At this point, EC seems to be more of a free trial option than a true f2p model.
Thirian24 wrote: »
Returning player here. I haven't played in probably 10+ years on Live. I'm currently on a paid account and decided to start a fresh new toon to try and relearn things to see how much Live has changed.
I have played 2 DAoC freeshards over the last 3-4 years. So I'm not a total noob to DAoC.
Here is what I've learned:
1. Leveling was very very easy and enjoyable.
2. I've seen a handful of very friendly people that are willing to help with advice.
3. The quests are straight forward and simple.
4. Aside from the kings gear, getting a fully capped template is a nightmare. It's very expensive and not straight forward whatsoever. Luckily some kind people started running me through the turkey leg quests and told me about the BP buff pot. Sobthat has helped.
5. The power gap in RvR is 200% insane. When 3 people can't even touch another player, there is something wrong there. 3v1, couldn't even scratch him. Mind you, we were in kings gear, all 3 of us RR2. The enemy was rr9. Obviously I don't expect to mop the floor with him, considering the RR disparity, but we literally did nothing to this guy but annoy him.
6. We are earning decent coin. But the issue there is inflation. In the 8ish days I've been back, I've earned around 90plat (that's using 2 25p tokens that one of my toons had on it). I thought I was rich until I looked at the market explorer to item to help with my temp.
7. Most of my guild came over here together. So we are about a 5-8 man most times. Most people play at different times so we don't run 8 very often. While we are out, we are facing (95%) of the time groups that are rr10+.. and most of those people are 11+. So, how do we compete against that? Here we are, everybody sub rr3, derping around in our kings gear trying to make BPs to scratch a temp together, nonstop getting farmed.
So.. we can barely earn the required BPs let alone earn any RPs.
I think there should be a system in place that helps new low RR toons earn RPs at a fast rate and then let is gradually slow down until a certain RR so we may actually compete with all these high RR people that took advantage of the good ole high RP days.
I wish I would have stayed in CV at this point because it's been pretty discouraging to say the least.
Thirian24 wrote: »
We have recently started doing the OW quests. Except we cannot get past the PKB step.
Can you explain the "for the realm" bonus? How does it work exactly? I have participated in a few keep defenses, although unsuccessful.
Also, can Curse be done with a single group? We have been keeping an eye out for an NA raid for that.